Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
UM-Bot

Your earliest memory may be fake, study claims

30 posts in this topic

D.O'N

No offense, but I remember a memory from when I was in a pram like it was yesterday. I was with my mom and dad and we went to see "the lights", its an event where pictures was made of lights etc. On this occasion there was a big display on a wall which was a face of a ape or gorilla. I just woke up and it scared me. I told my parents many years later, they agreed that it happened. 

ChrLzs

No offence .. but you have lovely supportive and empathetic parents, and I'd like to hear all conversations you had with them before you told them about this - I'll bet they told you earlier, or maybe there's a picture somewhere...

And of course it will be clear - your mind is in charge of all aspects of the memory/image/scenario.

• Like 1

D.O'N
16 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

No offence .. but you have lovely supportive and empathetic parents, and I'd like to hear all conversations you had with them before you told them about this - I'll bet they told you earlier, or maybe there's a picture somewhere...

And of course it will be clear - your mind is in charge of all aspects of the memory/image/scenario.

They never told me, and there is no pics, I remember it cause I was scared. Why would they just go with it? lol. And the image isn't clear, memories from 10 years ago are not even clear, what I "remember like yesterday" is a ape/gorilla face on a wall what scared me. It was my mom what told me I was asleep in the pram before I saw it.

Edited by Baldylocks

Nnicolette

Indeed that is the difference. Reading things doesn't account for the intelligence to contemplate or comprehend awareness of your surroundings. Perhaps you overstepped my suggested explanation for why I remember these things. Memories of memories. Not everything written is true sometimes you have to look or yourself unless of course you are incabaple of remembering that far back.

I'm not the only one who does. Also when I recalled things and described long gone specific objects, places and situations that my parents had been shocked to hear about and quick to verify. I visually see the places as I never could have glimpsed later. That isn't fake but it' because I recalled them at a young age in between and it is more like memories of memories at my age which I guess is what they are calling false memories, but false is a bit of a misleading word you are getting hung up on. It' more like reaffirmed memories. Reprocessed and saved onto a different file for later, which to the scientist I would guess does look like it not being the original memory because it's not the same thing in the same location anymore. It doesnt exist. 

So I'm not saying the scientist is wrong but perhaps you could use all that immense brain power and read and comprehend the things I actually said before the childish behavior or wasting my time looking for a response to that kind of negative close minded attitude. You don't have to be the random lucky person to experience or witness something that others havent to be wise enough to learn from it when somebody else let's you know they have. I wish there were more people sharing their personal experiences on this site to learn from there's too many jerks that think they know everything and think saying jerkish things somehow disproves any relayed facts or opinions.

Davros of Skaro
2 hours ago, NicoletteS said:

I wish there were more people sharing their personal experiences on this site to learn from there's too many jerks that think they know everything and think saying jerkish things somehow disproves any relayed facts or opinions.

You must have a faulty memory? There's plenty of personal experiences shared on this site.

• Like 2