Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Generation sensible

Setton

Rebellions of young people have been recorded for decades, bucking trends and breaking the rules before entering the world of being a boring grown-up.

But a new generation is coming through and truly shocking society.

How? By becoming more sensible.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/44880278

A nice bit of positive news about younger generations. 

Or it might be because they have no money for drink and drugs :P

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, seanjo said:

It's PC's, games machines, ipads, ipods and all the technical paraphernalia available these days that they are too busy staring at.

What we need to remember, as much as we all poke fun and derision at 'snowflakes' and label them as 'SJW's' amongst other things and criticize phone, tablet and computer usage, they are a direct consequence of the preceding generation.  The path has been paved by the very people that deride and criticize.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Setton said:

A nice bit of positive news about younger generations. 

Or it might be because they have no money for drink and drugs :P

This is something I noticed with my boys. There teenage years where nowhere near as outrageous as mine were. I think because they meet up on line, instead of down the street or at the park, and because they could text instead of sneak out. They didn't have as many opportunities to be naughty as I did.

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, seanjo said:

It's PC's, games machines, ipads, ipods and all the technical paraphernalia available these days that they are too busy staring at.

Od2BB51.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

3 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Od2BB51.jpg

Always love this one. Some things never change! 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Kismit said:

They didn't have as many opportunities to be naughty as I did.

Same with my son. I have to admit that I was pretty naughty though lol 

• Haha 4

48 minutes ago, Kismit said:

This is something I noticed with my boys. There teenage years where nowhere near as outrageous as mine were. I think because they meet up on line, instead of down the street or at the park, and because they could text instead of sneak out. They didn't have as many opportunities to be naughty as I did.

Yup, the grandsons are hyper but tame compared to my sisters, brother and I. My little sister was off the hook and we never thought she would live to 30. Even my sons were more sensible than me and they both use to tell me when I was off the hook. My older son would tell me what pieces of crap my friends were. My youngest would smack me for making racist comments about Indians. 

One time I was grinding on a seam I welded on my 6600 my youngest walked over and put safety glasses on my face and said "Your the only thing that scares me". I said "I scare me". He said "That's why I have to watch you". The pictures of him with chainsaws are "gag shots". His course motor skills are shot, he knows it, and would never attempt to use one or ask me to teach him and he never did anything stupid on the farm or at the sawmill.

When I got out of prison and learned what my father did to me I was using the "N" word with him at the general store. My youngest punched me right in the mouth. I said "What'd you do that for?" He said "I'm know grandpop's a scumbag, but don't go to his level".

Now this is 2 kids I never even yelled at. :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

No more cider with Rosie down the park.  It's bacardi breezers and smoking skunk. in their expensive nightwear. (sexy jammies for a summer night down the local park... kid you not))

Sorry, but that's the truth for Desolation Row.  We have fewer drunks but many many more smokers and many many more in line for methadone in our pharmacies.  They are not old or middle-aged.

None of my friends as a lad delivered dope on their BMX.  None.  I now know a few 11yr-olds who are doing it.

"Cannabis habit" is rife among our young.  :(

Edit to add some clout:

From 2016..

"The survey of more than 25,000 secondary school children found that only 48 per cent of 15-year-olds now believe all people who sell drugs deserve to be punished - a drop of 11 per cent since the same question was asked 24 months previously - while half did not agree that drug taking is "stupid".

Almost a quarter of 15-year-olds thought it was 'OK' for someone their age to take cannabis, a rise of seven per cent in two years, although sniffing glue and taking cocaine was deemed far less acceptable. Only 54 per cent of 15-year olds agreed with the statement 'taking cannabis is dangerous', while 25 per cent described it as 'false' and the rest did not know."

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/14822956.Concern_as_drugs_become_more_socially_acceptable_among_Scottish_teens/

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Kismit said:

You also have to remember many of the things we did were still legal or ignored by the law. My boss and I use to blow everything up prior to 911.  Then one time I wrapped a flat strap around the outhouse in Butler Place Campground and because I couldn't fit up the trails dragged it right up Rt 72 right in front of a Ranger. He came into Buzby's and told me it was funny as Hell and too much paperwork for him. 

Another time in the 80s my stepfather dumped a 1,000 gallons of water out of his UH-1 on a suburban fire departments truck completely destroying it because they were treating us like idiots. Nothing was done. He would be in prison now but back then they just said "typical Vietnam vet"