Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Waters warns contituents about armed militia

OverSword

Rep. Maxine Waters warned supporters on Wednesday of potential "armed protests" against her after an extremist group called for ongoing demonstrations outside her office in Los Angeles.

In a lengthy statement issued late Wednesday, Waters, D-Calif., said she’d been notified about forthcoming protests by the Oath Keepers, which she described as "an anti-government militia" that's staged armed protests in cities across the country.

She warned her supporters against being "baited" into counter-demonstrations or confrontations with the organization, which she said has a track record of "violent and provocative behavior."

Source

Damn deplorables.

• Thanks 1

lol, she feels the heat, about time, her. district is worst than many 3rd world shtholes. there is more gun violence in her district than in a half a dosen neighboring states combined.

• Thanks 1

When you're so crazy even the DNC has to distance themselves from you...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wasn't a Dem's offices shot up the other day there or something? 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, OverSword said:

She warned her supporters against being "baited" into counter-demonstrations or confrontations with the organization, which she said has a track record of "violent and provocative behavior."

Pot Kettle Black

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Had to google "Oathkeepers". They look like bigger out of shape turds who were hit with a ugly stick than Neo-Nazis.......

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I got your followup-- play on the Mad Max reference, and what's with those oathkeepers ? I suppose its nothing to do with that blessid yahoo, AOL, (and who knows how many more) tripe that pops up when trying to read my email lately.

Oh piney mentions turds, got it, nothing of importance. ^_^

Edited by MWoo7
  • Haha 1

Oath Keepers is an American far-right[1][2] organization associated with the anti-government[3][4][5][6][7][a] patriot and militia movements.[8][9] The group describes itself as a non-partisan association of current and former military, police, and first responders, who pledge to fulfill the oath that all military and police take in order to "defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic".[10] It encourages members – some of whom are current and former U.S. military and law enforcement officers – not to obey orders which they believe would violate the United States Constitution. The organization claims a membership of 35,000.[11]

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, aztek said:

Oath Keepers is an American far-right[1][2] organization associated with the anti-government[3][4][5][6][7][a] patriot and militia movements.[8][9] The group describes itself as a non-partisan association of current and former military, police, and first responders, who pledge to fulfill the oath that all military and police take in order to "defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic".[10] It encourages members – some of whom are current and former U.S. military and law enforcement officers – not to obey orders which they believe would violate the United States Constitution. The organization claims a membership of 35,000.[11]

How is that far right?  That sounds like the Constitutional duty of all American Citizens.

• Like 8

:unsure2:My my, ... in baseball it matters, so -- well, just my opiinion but I don't care for certain..ah factions that are way waY! out in the left field or right field too far, hopefully some govt. ACRONYM of sorts keep tabs.

Edited by MWoo7
oh nice, as in nice to be human, corrected to, to proper TOO!!!!!!!!!!!! BOO !
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, aztek said:

All I see is a bunch of out of shape turds with man issues.....and no, I'm not uploading pictures.........

• Thanks 3

Just now, RavenHawk said:

How is that far right?  That sounds like the Constitutional duty of all American Citizens.

well it is a wiki, it can be edited by anyone.  for a lefty liberal anything if far right.

• Like 1

Just now, MWoo7 said:

HA! that's not what I heard about wiki.

here you go.

Oath Keepers is an American [1][2] organization associated with the anti-government[3][4][5][6][7][a] patriot and militia movements.[8][9] The group describes itself as a non-partisan association of current and former military, police, and first responders, who pledge to fulfill the oath that all military and police take in order to "defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic".[10] It encourages members – some of whom are current and former U.S. military and law enforcement officers – not to obey orders which they believe would violate the United States Constitution. The organization claims a membership of 35,000.[11]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oath_Keepers

Edited by aztek
  • Thanks 1

Well okay -- opinion, I don't hang out there, Oh yes have touch it here and there, generally click other links researching/surfing, I might start to notice it more now though, thanks.

Like the first link better but thanks!

Edited by MWoo7

6 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

How is it that people who swear to uphold the constitution are considered to be anti-government?  Could the truth be that our government is now anti-American?

• Like 5

1 minute ago, aztek said:

Exactly, a bunch of out of shape turds......

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, aztek said:

ammit I only wanted this part.

k,

should we get rid of "anti-gvmnt" too?

All voices seems the better way to go just my ever so humble opinion/2BITS! :D

[edits:::: back to reading I can't keep up in this site, lots going on a the same time. byebyenow]

Edited by MWoo7
  • Haha 1

Just now, OverSword said:

How is it that people who swear to uphold the constitution are considered to be anti-government?  Could the truth be that our government is now anti-American?

it sure seems that way sometimes.

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

I assume it's because it's their own interpretation over the written law.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

I assume it's because it's their own interpretation over the written law.

I assume it's the same reason civics is not taught in public schools any longer or why state constitutions are no longer taught in public schools.  They are afraid of an informed populace.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I assume it's the same reason civics is not taught in public schools any longer or why state constitutions are no longer taught in public schools.  They are afraid of an informed populace.

It's all fine and well being informed, but you cannot challenge any laws in any place other than a courtroom.

With regards to the original story. What's the big deal? She told her own supporters not to show up to challenge counter protesters who it is alleged have a history of confrontation. She actively tried to avoid confrontation and possibly violence, and now there's a thread slating her for it? I don't get it.

3 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

It's all fine and well being informed, but you cannot challenge any laws in any place other than a courtroom.

With regards to the original story. What's the big deal? She told her own supporters not to show up to challenge counter protesters who it is alleged have a history of confrontation. She actively tried to avoid confrontation and possibly violence, and now there's a thread slating her for it? I don't get it.

Try to find an example of the oath keepers ever inciting violence.  See she's just trying to bring more hate by making it seem as if they are the hateful ones when in fact the hate is all coming from her and those that support her.

• Like 5