Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Knife attack on German bus

OverSword

A knife-wielding attacker went on a rampage on a public bus in Lübeck, Germany Friday, wounding more than a dozen people, according to multiple reports.

At least 14 people were injured, two seriously in Friday’s attack, which took place in the Kücknitz neighborhood. The suspect, reportedly an Iranian male in his 30s, was arrested by local authorities, the Telegraph reported, revealing that the police are still investigating the circumstances surrounding the attack.

The attacker was armed with a kitchen knife, according to observers, the Lübecker Nachrichten reports. He dropped a backpack, pulled out his weapon, and started his bloody assault on the passengers. His backpack was reportedly smoldering as he attempted to flee the scene. The pack was cleared by local authorities as the suspect was taken into custody.

Source

Curiously in all other reports that I checked there was no mention of the man's nationality but they all mentioned:

While the motive has not been established, Germany has been on high alert after several deadly Islamist extremist attacks.

Source

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

I wonder how many of these crimes are going unreported by the victims or underreported by the media. I saw recently that Sweden deported 80,000 migrants. You know it's getting bad when Sweden has had enough

Oddly enough, there are still a sizeable number of people that deny these problems are that bad or even deny they are happening at all. Didn't Merkel herself say that immigration had failed?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

I wonder how many of these crimes are going unreported by the victims or underreported by the media. I saw recently that Sweden deported 80,000 migrants. You know it's getting bad when Sweden has had enough

Oddly enough, there are still a sizeable number of people that deny these problems are that bad or even deny they are happening at all. Didn't Merkel herself say that immigration had failed?

You'll hear from the usual suspects, any time now.

• Like 2

Usual Suspect #1 reporting....

You know what stops a bad guy with a knife? A GOOD GUY WITH A KNIFE. 

• Haha 1

"Curiously in all other reports that I checked there was no mention of the man's nationality"

Yes, funny that. Fairly sure they'll follow up with..... " he had mental health issues"

• Like 2

2 hours ago, itsnotoutthere said:

"Curiously in all other reports that I checked there was no mention of the man's nationality"

Yes, funny that. Fairly sure they'll follow up with..... " he had mental health issues"

Yes, religion can be a mental health issue :innocent:

7 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Yes, religion can be a mental health issue :innocent:

Indeed. The media is FULL of stories of Christians, Buddhists, Hindu's, Mormons, Jehovah's witnesses, Scientologists and Pastafarians going mad and attacking people on buses. Happens every day. It must be a general problem with all religions. 

Oh.. wait.... 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RoofGardener said:

Indeed. The media is FULL of stories of Christians, Buddhists, Hindu's, Mormons, Jehovah's witnesses, Scientologists and Pastafarians going mad and attacking people on buses. Happens every day. It must be a general problem with all religions. 

Oh.. wait.... 

Yes, think most of us can agree, there is only one religion that needs dragging kicking and screaming into the 21st century.

P.s. Probably be closed down soon.......mustn't offend anyone. 

8 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Yes, think most of us can agree, there is only one religion that needs dragging kicking and screaming into the 21st century.

Getting it up to the 19th century would be a good start ! :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Sorry i do not agree. That one religion has no place in the 21st century and it has no place in the western world....but it has been dragged in and we are the ones screaming while they are kicking us. Our governments have allowed a religious group to flourish which had no intentions of intergrating with us. 

• Like 1