Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Waitress body slams creep

Michelle

Emelia Holden, 21, didn’t hesitate to take matters into her own hands when a man groped her during her shift at Vinnie Van Go-Go’s in Savannah, Georgia on June 30.

In surveillance footage of the incident, 31-year-old Ryan Cherwinski is shown grabbing Holden’s backside as he walks behind her. Holden immediately turns around and grabs him by his collar and slams him into a counter.

“I looked at him and I said, ‘You don’t touch me, motherf—–!’ ” Holden tells PEOPLE. “I didn’t even think, I just reacted. I don’t know how I reacted the way I did. I’ve never done that before.”

cont...

https://people.com/human-interest/emelia-holden-body-slam-georgia-pizzeria/

A girl after my own heart!!! I love it. I've watched that video about five time and it still makes me laugh. :lol:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

If you watch it carefully full screen he didn't just pat her on the butt. It was much more offensive.

• Like 1

unfortunately i see her go after him in the video, so it was not a self  defense, she was not in immediate danger. it is possible a sleazy lawyer can turn it into assault for her.  and have him press charges.

sure he deserved it, but from what i see, it was not self defense. legal standards do not always follow  moral standards.

I don't think he'd have a snowballs chance in hell. He sexually assaulted her laying a hand on her first. You don't have to be in immediate danger to respond and he is much larger than her.

• Like 2

Awesome! My friend and I just finished teaching our first Womans Self Defense course. Good for her...no one has the right to put their hands on you without permission!

• Like 2

Just now, Michelle said:

I don't think he'd have a snowballs chance in hell. He sexually assaulted her laying a hand on her first. You don't have to be in immediate danger to respond and he is much larger than her.

to respond with violence, i'm pretty sure you do, or have a good reason to believe you are.  she was\had neither

it is not unusual for victims to be charged as well. and they are not always arrested right away.

i realize he was a d bag and deserved it, but it is not always enough

Edited by aztek

1 minute ago, aztek said:

to respond with violence, i'm pretty sure you do, or have a good reason to believe you are.  she was\had neither

She's got the upper hand already because no man would want to drag a little girl through court for beating him up. His buddies are never going to let him live it down as it is. Then there is his wife...:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Some states require that you make an effort to retreat from assault and I don't know what Georgia laws are on self-defense.

She should of curb stomped when he was down. :rolleyes:

11 minutes ago, skliss said:

Awesome! My friend and I just finished teaching our first Womans Self Defense course. Good for her...no one has the right to put their hands on you without permission!

Good for you! I've been thinking about taking a new self defense course. It's been a while and I'm not as confident or capable as I used to be due to health reasons.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Good for you! I've been thinking about taking a new self defense course. It's been a while and I'm not as confident or capable as I used to be due to health reasons.

We had a great group of women...eager to learn and thrilled that it was women teaching women. We worked for 9 months on our curriculum and taught once a week for 7 weeks.  Anything can be modified but we took the approach that we'd teach awareness along with simple effective techniques. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, skliss said:

We had a great group of women...eager to learn and thrilled that it was women teaching women. We worked for 9 months on our curriculum and taught once a week for 7 weeks.  Anything can be modified but we took the approach that we'd teach awareness along with simple effective techniques. 

I'm always aware, that's for sure. I walk to and from the car like I own the place too, especially in a bad area. I've got not looking like a victim down. 

Good. I saw this the other day.

From what I read, the man was arrested in front of his wife and kids for being a creep.

Even if she does get into legal trouble fr this, the internet has already sided with her. She has public opinion and if need, will no doubt have monetary support, as well.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Michelle said:

I'm always aware, that's for sure. I walk to and from the car like I own the place too, especially in a bad area. I've got not looking like a victim down. 

Literally one of the best defenses. For our class I read a report done where they videotaped 60 to 100 people, walking in a high crime area, without their knowledge and then asked inmates which ones they would pick based on the walk alone. Confident, aware people were off the list of targets. I thought it was interesting that the inmates could decide within 7 seconds of watching a person if they were target potential or not. Also was surprised that 60% said they would dismiss a person as a potential target based on eye contact alone.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, skliss said:

Literally one of the best defenses. For our class I read a report done where they videotaped 60 to 100 people, walking in a high crime area, without their knowledge and then asked inmates which ones they would pick based on the walk alone. Confident, aware people were off the list of targets. I thought it was interesting that the inmates could decide within 7 seconds of watching a person if they were target potential or not. Also was surprised that 60% said they would dismiss a person as a potential target based on eye contact alone.

Growing up in a redneck bar and having a business for thirty years in the 'hood has taught me a thing or two. 

• Like 3

On 7/20/2018 at 3:47 PM, skliss said:

That surprises me too.

What kind of eye-contact?

So he was justified to shoot her right?