Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Captain Risky

Gobleki Tepe: 15 New Temples found

707 posts in this topic

lightly
Posted (edited)

oop.

Edited by lightly
Forgot to include quote.

lightly
Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, flying squid said:

Archaeologists Find Hidden Geometric Pattern At World’s Oldest Temple Göbekli Tepe

https://www.disclose.tv/archaeologists-find-hidden-geometric-pattern-at-worlds-oldest-temple-gobekli-tepe-398731

The famous Göbekli Tepe, meaning "potbellied hill" in Turkish, has thrown up a wide range of new and interesting theories about it and the people who built it. Construction of the first phase was dated to between 11,000 and 12,000 years ago, putting it at a time when humans were still very primitive, hunting and gathering to survive. It's for this reason that the prehistoric stone circle, which is located on a barren hilltop in southeastern Turkey, has challenged so many archaeologists’ ideas about the ancient cultures and what their capabilities were. Many leading archaeologists are confused as to how the assumed-lower intelligence humans were able to construct such a monumental stone structure before any real social order occurred. It doesn't stop there though, things are about to get a whole lot more interesting.

That is interesting,  but, I notice that the triangle is not EQUIlateral...(if that's the right word?). . The three sides are not equal in length.   I think it might be more likely that the 'arrangement' is due to the center pillars being aligned to/with the same celestial object? ? ?   ( but,that arrangement is a little 'crooked..so. . ..???)

Edited by lightly

Harte
1 hour ago, lightly said:

That is interesting,  but, I notice that the triangle is not EQUIlateral...(if that's the right word?). . The three sides are not equal in length.   I think it might be more likely that the 'arrangement' is due to the center pillars being aligned to/with the same celestial object? ? ?   ( but,that arrangement is a little 'crooked..so. . ..???)

The researchers picked their own centers to match but still didn't get an exactly equilateral triangle.

If you take three similar sized circles and bunch them up against each other, their centers will form an equilateral triangle every time - with the accuracy of the triangle's "equilateralness" entirely dependent on exactly how similar in size the circles are.

In other words, this triangle is almost certainly coincidental, and the fact that they've found an almost equilateral triangle has no bearing on whether these circles were made as part of a plan to make their centers equilateral. Nor does it mean that these circles were constructed together (at the same time.)

So, basically, there's no new information that can be established from this "finding."

Harte

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

lightly
2 hours ago, Harte said:

The researchers picked their own centers to match but still didn't get an exactly equilateral triangle.

If you take three similar sized circles and bunch them up against each other, their centers will form an equilateral triangle every time - with the accuracy of the triangle's "equilateralness" entirely dependent on exactly how similar in size the circles are.

In other words, this triangle is almost certainly coincidental, and the fact that they've found an almost equilateral triangle has no bearing on whether these circles were made as part of a plan to make their centers equilateral. Nor does it mean that these circles were constructed together (at the same time.)

So, basically, there's no new information that can be established from this "finding."

Harte

I'm glad you said that.  :).   I was just reading about the central pillars in the circles being aligned to Sirius ??  Which was 'born' in that sky around 10,000 BC.   ...but not visible there in 15,000 BC ...during the construction of the earliest circles?....so, I dunno what to make of That idea.  ??

I would guess the alignments suggest some sort of celestial religious significance?? . .and the depicted animals ,possibly representations of constellations??  

I wonder if clans may have been named after constellations...just a thought.   ??

Harte

I'm glad you said that.  :).   I was just reading about the central pillars in the circles being aligned to Sirius ??  Which was 'born' in that sky around 10,000 BC.   ...but not visible there in 15,000 BC ...during the construction of the earliest circles?....so, I dunno what to make of That idea.  ??

The best thing you can make of that idea is fertilizer.

I would guess the alignments suggest some sort of celestial religious significance?? . .and the depicted animals ,possibly representations of constellations??  

I wonder if clans may have been named after constellations...just a thought.   ??

There's no evidence that these people had particular constellations in their mindset. They probably did, though, like all the rest of the humans that ever looked at the sky. Just not the same ones we know.

Harte

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hanslune
12 hours ago, flying squid said:

Archaeologists Find Hidden Geometric Pattern At World’s Oldest Temple Göbekli Tepe

https://www.disclose.tv/archaeologists-find-hidden-geometric-pattern-at-worlds-oldest-temple-gobekli-tepe-398731

The famous Göbekli Tepe, meaning "potbellied hill" in Turkish, has thrown up a wide range of new and interesting theories about it and the people who built it. Construction of the first phase was dated to between 11,000 and 12,000 years ago, putting it at a time when humans were still very primitive, hunting and gathering to survive. It's for this reason that the prehistoric stone circle, which is located on a barren hilltop in southeastern Turkey, has challenged so many archaeologists’ ideas about the ancient cultures and what their capabilities were. Many leading archaeologists are confused as to how the assumed-lower intelligence humans were able to construct such a monumental stone structure before any real social order occurred. It doesn't stop there though, things are about to get a whole lot more interesting.

It wasn't hidden the fine fellow just put down three dots in the center of three structures - and ignored all the other places he could put dots - and wallah! A triangle.

• Like 1

Swede
13 hours ago, Harte said:

The best thing you can make of that idea is fertilizer.

There's no evidence that these people had particular constellations in their mindset. They probably did, though, like all the rest of the humans that ever looked at the sky. Just not the same ones we know.

Harte

When one reads the following quote from the article: "Many leading archaeologists are confused as to how the assumed-lower intelligence humans were able to construct such a monumental stone structure", you know you are dealing with less than credible sources (emphasis added).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5