Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

empath experiments needed

egg1head

howdy folks. until a about a year phenomenon such as empath people would be quickly dismissed as nonsense, As a hobby, i have been studying science for the last 22 years.  

I do not believe anything to be true unless i can see proof. for example ghosts or ufos, I believe that to be the best way to negate you way through life, sometimes giving you an advantage! far too many people argue with me on certain topics using a youtube video as their evidence.If you have a theory. you must provide evidence, here is my stance on you flat earth theorists. just with logical thinking. you can say that the earth is flat,but you must explain how it is flat, if i can give you possible explanation of how the world is a sphere but you cannot provide a possible explanation of how the flat earth was formed, then i can not take your idea any further.

And so, to my point of this thread.

I have always had this gift or something that i can not explain. i am 37 and for all my life had never spoken about it to anyone until a year ago. If somebody were to tell me the story i was to tell, i would let it go in 1 ear and out the other.

nobody would ever believe me, so i never told anybody about what i call a gift

one evening out, drinking a few beers with my girlfriend and close friend, i finally got the nerve to tell somebody. to my amazement, after telling my tale, the reaction was "yeah i know, i've always known"  and explained to me that i am an empath.

I have no evidence, but this really is real! I am posting this thread to ask for people to get together with me to devise some experiments to prove this phenomenon, Its real, because i have it. can almost in a way read peoples minds, not with words or pictures. but with feelings, and these feelings are interpreted, it is difficult to explain. i can walk into a room and know instantly if something is wrong, even if i was blindfolded and cant hear. i feel what people a feeling, if someone is nervous, i don't feel nervous but i can feel the nervous feeling. its not like i feel what people feel like i am them, i still have my own feelings and emotions, but  have the feelings and emotions from people around me also, i don't know if you could understand that.

we need some data for this to be taken seriously and research done on this phenomenon

have a great day people..you cant change the whole world, but, if you make you little bit of the world a better place. The world will be a better place!!!!

I.winkens  

Empathy is not a psychic power. Just a sensitivity to the pheromones people give off during emotional states.   

ok, interesting theory.

do different emotional states have their own pheromones?. a different pheromone for every emotion?.

apart from the sex pheromone, you would have to show me your evidence   

i am well aware of mirror neurons. that holds no relevance as i pointed out, even if i walk into a room with no sight or sound i can feel.

Just now, egg1head said:

ok, interesting theory.

do different emotional states have their own pheromones?. a different pheromone for every emotion?.

apart from the sex pheromone, you would have to show me your evidence   

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/the-truth-about-pheromones-100363955/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3987372/

The search for human pheromones has been hampered by two obstacles. First, “the effects we see are not dramatic,” Sobel says. Instead, Preti says, our responses to odors are “confounded by other sensory inputs like sight and sound, past experiences, learning, context—and not to mention laws.”
Read more: https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/the-truth-about-pheromones-100363955/#rbBKlqOZty7q13tm.99
Give the gift of Smithsonian magazine for only $12! http://bit.ly/1cGUiGv
Follow us: @SmithsonianMag on Twitter

read and understand what ur sending. results are inconclusive at this time. there are no facts in this article

confounded by other sensory inputs like sight and sound, past experiences, learning, context—and not to mention laws.”

and once again........... i state, that i can go into a room without seeing or hearing anything and feel if something is wrong or something.

i know this dont make sense man, please continue to try to disprove it, only way to see if this thing is real

10 minutes ago, egg1head said:

and once again........... i state, that i can go into a room without seeing or hearing anything and feel if something is wrong or something.

i know this dont make sense man, please continue to try to disprove it, only way to see if this thing is real

Sounds like a form of psychological projection. Instead of a person it onto an area, creating a mental feedback loop that generates a psychosomatic effect. Then again we do for the most part have atrophied instinct. Same fight or flight response getting kicked up. 

Edited by XenoFish

additional to zeno fish. i dont think that this is a psychic power or special ability or anything. i dont believe anything if u read my post again.

i dont know what it is,

i have never seen any evidence of psychic powers so have no reason to come to that hypothesis.

how ,any forms of mental projection are there? can you demonstrate one?

Just now, egg1head said:

additional to zeno fish. i dont think that this is a psychic power or special ability or anything. i dont believe anything if u read my post again.

i dont know what it is,

i have never seen any evidence of psychic powers so have no reason to come to that hypothesis.

Then its a normal cognitive function. 

Just now, egg1head said:

how ,any forms of mental projection are there? can you demonstrate one?

If you look at a painting, how do you feel? 

all of what i have explained is a normal function you say?

you mentioned phsycological projetion, i have never heard of that, i wonder, what experince do you have with physcological projections to be able to say thats what it is?

will you be decent enough to answer one of my questions?

Psychological projection is a defense mechanism people subconsciously employ in order to cope with difficult feelings or emotions. Psychological projection involves projecting undesirable feelings or emotions onto someone else, rather than admitting to or dealing with the unwanted feelings. Have you ever disliked someone only to become convinced that the person had a vendetta against you? This is a common example of psychological projection. Luckily, there are methods you can use to identify why you are projecting your emotions and put a stop to this coping mechanism.

. care to show me any evidence of this.  because if your trying to say that we interacting with other peoples brains your gonna have to show me some evidence or stop postins strange ideas with  no facts to back them up

i dont mind debating you zeno. but please  dont send me a link to a website or a youtube video as evidence

I'm not stating anything psychic at all. Good luck. I won't be bothering with this thread again. I see that it is an epic waste of my time. 

Psychological projection, theres a name for it, who gave it that name?

if theres a name for it, that means that somebody has studied it and knows what it is, who did? and what experiment did he do to demonstrate the fact. that is repeatable

your attempt was to prove me wrong, however, like many.

you crossed swords with me unprepared and was unable to prove what you claimed.

only consider something is true if you know how its true. 

you are a classic example, you tell me that Psychological projection is true. i simply ask, how do you know thats true.

you give no answer. because you dont want to say........... because i read it on a website. its true because that website says its true, 

Psychological projection. its a fact. why is it a fact, because of so, so and so,

ok. show me?

we have proven the theory of Psychological projection with this experiment. where is it?

• The topic was locked