Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

It scares me

egg1head

Greetings,

just another post of whats in eggs head.

in my view, there is only 2 possibilities to how we or anything is here. and they both scare the hell out of me!!!

1. the universe or multiverse was always here and has no beginning or end

how can something not have a beginning???!!!! something can not just always have been there

or

2. it has a beginning. 

how can there be a beginning???!!!!. a beginning means that before the beginning there was nothing. nothing should stay nothing.

no start and no end is not possible, must have a start, a start is not possible,  must have no start

• Like 2

Yeah this one has always been hard for me lol. I think as humans we just do not have the cognition to fathom it.

Another one I like to think about is if space is endless or has a end.

It's so hard to imagin endless but it's also hard to imagin a end lol

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1

dont think about it is impossible once you have thought it.

*Snip*

Edited by Still Waters
Removed adult reference

8 minutes ago, egg1head said:

dont think about it is impossible once you have thought it.

Yep, you're on a highway to personal "hell". Trying to fathom existence. That'll mess your head up. Not like I would know.:whistle:

Oh, heads up on this. When you get to the point of constant mental frustration and the depression that follows, "don't think about it" becomes solid advice.

I sense an existential crisis in the making.

• Like 2

2 spartan. is the introduction of my book what you said. is what started my journey and lifelong passion of science and critical thinking.

was 11 years old. and thought about space........ does it have an end, and if it does have an end, whats at the end?

my 1st opinion on eternal, was also that for us everything has a begging and end thus we are not equipped to understand the concept of  something existing with no origin. but then i think thats just giving up. 

nobody truly understands quantum mechanics, particles coming in and out of existence. its not possible, but that is what we see, however, slowlly therer are signs that we will will get to grips with it eventually. theories like other dimensions and multiverses and e.t.c if you was to pass a 3d sphere through a 2d enviroment, as an observer in the 2d enviroments, you you would see a point turn into a circle then again into a point before dissapearing.  although we are not in a 2d world. it illustrates looking to a lower dimention, if it is true or not we dont know yet, but shows that we are comming up with theories to explain . maybe we are equiped to understand it.

is why the 2 only answers scare me so much. we can understand it. we cand imagine a cube in our minds in 4 dimensions. . but we can describe it in mathmatics. moral of the story.

we have invented ways of doing things that our brains cant do.

no beginning makes no sense. you cant have no beggining. a beggining makes no sense either. you cant have nothing then something. something must have made this something happen. but there was nothing to start with.

lol xeno fish. fathom existence...   if you would care to read my quote under my name.

3 minutes ago, egg1head said:

lol xeno fish. fathom existence...   if you would care to read my quote under my name.

Don't feel like it. 

• Haha 1

if you remind me, i will show u latest data on the question spartan. its either open closed or flat, i dont fully understand how they did the experiment but they have done experiments to detect if the universe is curved or not and have not detecteced any curvature, could also be thhat the universe is so big that we are just to small to observe any curvature.

just one of my johnny (probably wrong) philosophies.

in my view, the universe cant have an end, if you think of it as a closed system. trick is. dont think of nothing as something. e.g. a place you cant go. there can not be an end to the universe because. at the end of the universe is nothing. now. if you want to say i cant go any further because there is nothing there, then you must tell me what is stopping me?

there is no end. there is something untill there is nothing, how can be any other way. that probably not true philosophy does help me sleep a little better however

why are we here, simply because it possible.

religeon will tell you that god made us and everything,  with no evidence or experiments or predictions can be made to support the theory 

science will say, ok, is it still ok to go out and study the world and document my discoveries? 

what, evolution is wrong?

science is wrong????? science is ok when you get electricity, areodynamics,combustion engines, netons laws of motion, einstein.

prove it wrong . or if you are logical, assume what evidence points to. 

even destruction is creation?

is that your own design?

what are you creating?

a mess?

Questions I believe we all have thought of. I would be lying if I said my anxiety didn't take over with it at one point, but that passed (it always does) but you just got to...move on and try and be like "it is what it is". Just feel lucky you even here and enjoy it,

• Like 1

7 hours ago, egg1head said:

Greetings,

in my view, there is only 2 possibilities to how we or anything is here. and they both scare the hell out of me!!!

how can something not have a beginning???!!!! something can not just always have been there

or

2. it has a beginning. 

how can there be a beginning???!!!!. a beginning means that before the beginning there was nothing. nothing should stay nothing.

no start and no end is not possible, must have a start, a start is not possible,  must have no start

This is my theory, egg1head.

Maybe time and space are the true illusion and we are all within a bubble(universe) that resonates with both, so that we can develop ourselves.

Many would say that the soul/spirit or god/creator have no beginning and no end.  If this is true, one would wish to know of or experience an existence with - a beginning and an end.

To have no beginning and no end makes one immortal.  So a realm (universe) would be the ideal place for such a being to embrace the sensations of birth, life and death.  This is were time and space come into play to give the sensation of passing time.  I hope this helps and doesn't weird you out.

• The title was changed to It scares me

Why scared?  Why not just awe and wonder?  Why do things have to make 'logical' sense to you (or Stephen Hawking for that matter), when our perception and knowledge is based entirely upon our experience on this tiny planet in this tiny remote corner of the Cosmos?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

The geometry of the universe seems to be flat, so the universe is infinite in size or extent. 

If the universe began from a singularity, which is infinite in density, then the universe was infinite from the very beginning.

How can an infinity have a beginning? It seems to me an infinity must always have existed. I mean, how can something infinite be created from something not infinite? 

So in my view, Existence has always existed, it has no beginning event.

Why even worry about it? The truth is better than a fiction, either reality is equally irrelevant to your day to day life.

• Like 1

I will answer both. firstly it scares me because i would like to believe that we are able to understand everything with time, for example, virtual particles, quantum entanglement and things of the like. it is famously said that nobody understands quantum phenomena, but we are starting to at least have theories, other dimensions or and multiverse. therories are emerging to explain these facts. things popping in and out of existence for me is ok, even though i have no idea why, if there was a beginning or no beginning should be so fundamental. i like to think that with time..... even a million years we can understand it. i cant help feeling as deep dread of how anything is here. how can there not be a start. there must be a start?!!!!!! how can there be a start?!!!!! however clever an answer, can only be there was nothing and then something if u want a start, (i read a universe from nothing l . krauss).

and to answer the second...... 

i know what your saying mark 1 no you didnt wierd me out lol.. maybe next time., maybe illusion maybe not. i seek not to ask specifics, if this is an illusion. and i am in this illusion. where did the illusion come from? maybe it is what you claim. anything thats has or is happening, is because its possible, if you have a 1000 kilos of various lego, you could buld almost anything that you could imagine, but only using the rules of lego and the laws of physics.. if you have a universe with almost, maybe infinite peices, and played with them for almost infinite time, you would buld anything and everything that is possible. you couldnt build a lego hoverboad, because thats not possible, however unlikely,, it is possible within the laws of phsyics for life to emerge. we are not here from the start of time, so possible to happen some time. universe is 13.8 billion years old, if we were here from the very start i would assume us special. why 13.8b, if it was 32.6bn years can ask the same question, so if you have everthing and no time limit anything possible will happen.  however...... how is anything possible, there should be nothing.

not relevent at all to my daily life podo.  i believe it to be the queen of england said something similar to farraday after he discovered electro magnetism.  your daly life has nothing to do with milky man, do wish to say that should just do my job and dont care about anything else?

didnt affect the life of chrispher columbus whats at the end of the world, he could have just stayed home.  einstein had a steady job. didnt affect his life all the things he discovered. people should just stay home, go to work and only worry about what affects them? or just me personally? 

Well, I think the more we understand, think about, imagine, the more full our lives are. All these ideas and thoughts may be disconcerting or scary, and we still have to get up every morning and go to work, etc., but would you rather just have that only and have no further knowledge? That would seem to me a pretty barren life.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

not a philosophy, but more of point of view, but there are some facts of nature that are so amazing and fantastic and WOW HOLY **** MAN, that, your life must be pretty dull if you didnt know about what we know about nature.

On 7/22/2018 at 12:33 PM, egg1head said:

Greetings,

or

2. it has a beginning. 

In both cases you're making an assumption that time is implicit to existence no matter what way you slice it.  I would turn my investigations into the nature of time and what precisely is meant be transition from one point to another.  It's a wonderful meditation to engage in that lifts worries of infinitudes off my shoulders at least.

On 7/27/2018 at 5:43 PM, egg1head said:

not relevent at all to my daily life podo.  i believe it to be the queen of england said something similar to farraday after he discovered electro magnetism.  your daly life has nothing to do with milky man, do wish to say that should just do my job and dont care about anything else?

Of course not, you can (and should!) question and learn and grow as a person. But, there's no sense in letting something so abstract make you afraid. These things are things you should concern yourself with, but not to the detriment of your other duties, interests, and pursuits.

• Like 1

imagine any single event in your day, washing up for example.

it begins  and  it ends.

what was there before you decided to take this job on ? thoughts? "oh i better do that washing up i suppose".

in the creation of our lovely universe we put "things" tangible things 1st!!

the un known (the reason for this forum) tends to be ignored.

but didnt all of us ..all living things however simple or complex start with a  (pardon the pun) BIG BANG??

I'm not talking about matter ..but space itself, the emptiness of the void. It had no beginning, has no end, and goes on in every direction infinitely. Since there truly is no up or down,left or right, an object just hangs in space. We just perceive up or down, left and right by being on this, or any object in space.

• Like 1