Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Smoke from Hell

Eper

Hi,

Do I have a brain tumor that I don't know yet? I haven't gone to the doctor about that.

I have a mental illness and taking 3 types of medications.

My experiences are: When I googled it, they call it the Smoke of Hell.

My experiences are I always smell of burning, smoke or burning flesh. This is very strong smell which it started when I was in our old house back home, I worked the overnights shift and I usually sleep in the morning until in the afternoon, yes my country is very humid and hot but what I am just wondering why I am the only one who smells burnt, not my family and son? Anywhere I go, inside my car, public library, eating in a good smelling restaurant, anywhere I go, I smell burnt and can see a smoke around me. I was already advised to go to church and pray harder, I grew up going to church almost everyday and praying everyday. Go to confession, pray for the deceased, offer candles, offer prayers to the deceased. Always pray a simple prayer everytime you pass by a cemetery. Anything they advised me, I already have done it.

Even now that I am in America, still it continues. I always smell burnt. It is very strong and it lasts like 1 minute or so. It is also accompanied of dreams of demons. Does this mean I am a BIG-TIME sinner? Am I alone?

Any thoughts? Paranormal, medical or spiritual explanations?

Hi,

Before delving into what smelling a certain scent means, you should understand the spiritual meaning of smells.

When you smell a certain aroma, such as your mother’s favorite flower, it could mean that your guardian angel is trying to send you a message.

The brain processes smell in the limbic system, which is the same area that processes intuitive thoughtsand feelings.

So, that’s why when you smell the aftershave your father wore, it can bring back memories of him.

If you're thinking or praying for a loved one, such as your mother or father, then your guardian angel may send you smells that invokes memories of that person.

That may mean that your guardian angel is telling you that they will also be praying for the person as well.

Your guardian angel may be sending you signs via smells.

Your guardian angel may be sending you signs via smells.

Smelling specific scents may mean your guardian angel is trying to send you a message or communicate with you.

• Roses – While smelling roses may invoke memories of someone, their smell is a spiritual source of comfort or encouragement.
  • Thanks 1

Any history of schizophrenia?

• Like 4

UM is a small sampling of a very small demographic of the public in Australia, NZ, America and the UK - with a few others.  Not a good place to seek medical advice ;) 

That said, odors that seem to have no source could be a symptom of a tumor or you could have a form of mental illness like schizophrenia beginning to present itself.  I'd go see a doctor first and get some imaging of the brain to make sure you have no tumor causing it.

Best wishes and welcome to UM!

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Eper said:

Even now that I am in America, still it continues. I always smell burnt. It is very strong and it lasts like 1 minute or so. It is also accompanied of dreams of demons. Does this mean I am a BIG-TIME sinner? Am I alone?

Any thoughts? Paranormal, medical or spiritual explanations?

You should, as has already been suggested, consult a medical professional to ensure that the phantom smells are not a result of an underlying medical condition. Doctors should always be at the top of everyone's go-to list in such situations. Always.

• Like 4

If you smell something intensely that is not there, the problem is in your brain.

See a doctor! Don't speculate, act!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

constantly see a doctor

A few times may be enough... :D

If I smell burning sulfur, is that a demon or did someone not use the air freshener after using the bathroom? 

Definitely check for a brain tumor. I had a freind who has sporadic behaviors for years. It wasent until 25 thst ghey discovered he had a brain tumor 

• Like 2

To all who gave some comments, advices and explanations.

Thank you, ALL!!!

Yes I had been diagnosed with schizophrenia for 16 years now. Did CT scan of brain and MRI....nothing.

Yes I am seeing/seeking help with my PCP and Psychiatrist every 2 months and continually taking my medications.

What is it then?

Sorry to ask again. 

27 minutes ago, Eper said:

What is it then?

Read the link in post #7. Talk to your doctor about it. Only they can confirm what might be causing you to have phantom smells. If you're seeing smoke that could be a visual hallucination or a degenerative eye disorder. I would like to suggest you speak with your doctor about this soon. Hopefully they can help resolve these issue. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Eper said:

Thankx, XenoFish

:tu: Let us know how you're coming along on all this. Maybe you'll get peace of mind soon. So keep us updated.