Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Loulou bell

What are these in photo

9 posts in this topic

Loulou bell

I took a screen shot on face time. On my little box in the corner is me. There are two black fuzzy dots in photo. These dots are NOT on my freshly painted wall behind me. Any idea what the6 are?

9DF5AF15-9C5E-44A4-8F82-E56C8F35E97A.jpeg

Kittens Are Jerks
28 minutes ago, Loulou bell said:

I took a screen shot on face time. On my little box in the corner is me. There are two black fuzzy dots in photo. These dots are NOT on my freshly painted wall behind me. Any idea what the6 are?

Have the dots shown up on any other screenshots?

There may be dust on your image sensor (or under the lens).

I'm no expert, but that would be my first guess.

• Like 2

XenoFish

It does look like dust specks. A good way to test this is to clean off your camera lens and take the same photo over. If it's gone then it was just dust or something.

• Like 2

freetoroam

^ what Xeno put.

2 hours ago, Loulou bell said:

On my little box in the corner is me

What little box and there is only one (half a head)  person in the picture, so not really a process of elimination. 

So what where you taking at picture of in the 1st place..or..have you cropped the picture? 

Please tell us the results of cleaning the lens and taking another picture....even if dust or some spec as we all suspect, just saves some coming on here claiming ghosts or aliens and all that ridiculousness.

• Like 1

SecretSanta
4 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

^ what Xeno put.

What little box and there is only one (half a head)  person in the picture, so not really a process of elimination. 

So what where you taking at picture of in the 1st place..or..have you cropped the picture? 

Please tell us the results of cleaning the lens and taking another picture....even if dust or some spec as we all suspect, just saves some coming on here claiming ghosts or aliens and all that ridiculousness.

She was FaceTiming with someone so her phone shows the face of the person she’s talking to and then another small box in the corner with her face. She did a screen shot and I assume cropped it. 

From the photo it looks to be angled upwards towards the riling. Do you have recessed lighting on your ceiling? 

• Like 2

ChrLzs

At a very quick glance, the spots do not seem to match either the pixellation (blocky edges) or the grain/noise in the rest of the image, so they look as if they are simply painted on with an image editor.

OP, could you post the original image with exif intact?  (If you aren't sure what that means, ask your children or nearest nerd...)

• Like 1

Timothy

To me it looks more like something on the roof too...

Loulou bell

Hi

i can’t post the whole screen shot as it’s my daughter who had braces fitted, it’s quite gruesome! Every couple of weeks I take a pic of her open roof/ top of inside mouth, which shows her the amazing progress the braces are doing of straightening her teeth. Yes, the black dots one is the little box of me in the corner, which is also NOT flattering!!!!

I am sat on sofa, and it is the wall behind me, not the ceiling. The ceiling is just shown in the very top right of picture.

Yes there is recessed lighting.

Im happy with the dust answers....big blobs of dust though!

toast

Hy Ozzy, whats up?