Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Bennu

Red and Bent Pyramid Positions Solved

19 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Bennu
Posted (edited)

Rather self explanatory, the Red Pyramid being the stinger of the scorpion, Lesath, and the Bent Pyramid being the star at the sharp bend in the tail, Iota 1 Scorpii, though it could alternatively be the star a little closer to the stinger, Girtab, which is slightly brighter than Iota 1 Scorpii at the bend. Hmm, bend in tail, bend in pyramid, not the same bend but a bend nonetheless. That's the western horizon line at the bottom. I guess you could say Snefru was the "Scorpion King". Surprised nobody noticed this before actually. Fate I suppose. Some people aren't worthy, and I think you know who I mean. They have a forum something like this but a whole lot weirder and they like to ban people who are smarter than them, which doesn't leave much.

2i8gjs0.jpg

Edited by Bennu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
ChrLzs
Posted (edited)

So, let me get this straight..

1.  You've got just three dimensioned lines, and two angles?

2. You are using Google Earth, with its distorted, curve wrapped, non precisely linear/geometric images .... rather than an actual survey map?

3. The match doesn't exactly line up anyway.

And you had the entire sky catalogue to work with?

 

Quite apart from going into detail on the issues above (and adding several more..), I'd just ask you a very simple and obvious question - it's the first question a real researcher would ask themselves before embarking on such a path...   here it is:
For the precision you are claiming and using three lines and two angles, what would be the frequency of matches for the known sky catalog, just by coincidence?  Please include all assumptions, eg the magnitudes of stars that are excluded/included....

That may sound like a difficult thing to work out, but wait ...... the science of astrometry (no, it's not astronomy) is in fact all about star pattern matching, and those who work in this field would be able to give those figures.  It's a key part of what astrometry is.

 And without that, any claim of a 'match' is meaningless numerology.  (I apologise for the tautology.. numerology is already meaningless....) 

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bennu
Posted (edited)

Here's my current best guess on the Bent's chamber positions. Same time as the other image, just too small to see the horizon line. Rather appropriate that the coffer chamber is at the same star as the Bent Pyramid in the other image. Makes it that much harder to dismiss as coincidence.

2r5s0no.jpg

Edited by Bennu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bennu
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

So, let me get this straight..

1.  You've got just three dimensioned lines, and two angles?

2. You are using Google Earth, with its distorted, curve wrapped, non precisely linear/geometric images .... rather than an actual survey map?

3. The match doesn't exactly line up anyway.

And you had the entire sky catalogue to work with?

 

Quite apart from going into detail on the issues above (and adding several more..), I'd just ask you a very simple and obvious question - it's the first question a real researcher would ask themselves before embarking on such a path...   here it is:
For the precision you are claiming and using three lines and two angles, what would be the frequency of matches for the known sky catalog, just by coincidence?  Please include all assumptions, eg the magnitudes of stars that are excluded/included....

That may sound like a difficult thing to work out, but wait ...... the science of astrometry (no, it's not astronomy) is in fact all about star pattern matching, and those who work in this field would be able to give those figures.  It's a key part of what astrometry is.

 And without that, any claim of a 'match' is meaningless numerology.  (I apologise for the tautology.. numerology is already meaningless....) 

Those were just quick images I put together in a very short time. I invite others to do it themselves using whatever images/programs they think will be most realistic. As for having the whole sky catalogue to choose from, so did everyone else up to today who completely failed. It's really not as easy as you assume, or somebody else probably would have something up right now that they could cite and say "but I already solved that, just follow this link and all will be revealed". No, all there really is aside from what I just posted is nothing at all, or "they just randomly stuck em any old place, shot an arrow in the air and wherever it landed they built their pyramids". Seems a little weak to me.

Edited by Bennu
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harte
12 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

So, let me get this straight..

1.  You've got just three dimensioned lines, and two angles?

2. You are using Google Earth, with its distorted, curve wrapped, non precisely linear/geometric images .... rather than an actual survey map?

3. The match doesn't exactly line up anyway.

And you had the entire sky catalogue to work with?

 

Quite apart from going into detail on the issues above (and adding several more..), I'd just ask you a very simple and obvious question - it's the first question a real researcher would ask themselves before embarking on such a path...   here it is:
For the precision you are claiming and using three lines and two angles, what would be the frequency of matches for the known sky catalog, just by coincidence?  Please include all assumptions, eg the magnitudes of stars that are excluded/included....

That may sound like a difficult thing to work out, but wait ...... the science of astrometry (no, it's not astronomy) is in fact all about star pattern matching, and those who work in this field would be able to give those figures.  It's a key part of what astrometry is.

 And without that, any claim of a 'match' is meaningless numerology.  (I apologise for the tautology.. numerology is already meaningless....) 

There are only two points here. How is it that we can assume another point between (and above) them just to get an angle we're looking for?

If you assume enough points around the only two you have, you can derive Mickey Mouse's face as well.

Harte

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kenemet
16 hours ago, Bennu said:

Rather self explanatory, the Red Pyramid being the stinger of the scorpion, Lesath, and the Bent Pyramid being the star at the sharp bend in the tail, Iota 1 Scorpii, though it could alternatively be the star a little closer to the stinger, Girtab, which is slightly brighter than Iota 1 Scorpii at the bend. Hmm, bend in tail, bend in pyramid, not the same bend but a bend nonetheless. That's the western horizon line at the bottom. I guess you could say Snefru was the "Scorpion King". Surprised nobody noticed this before actually. Fate I suppose. Some people aren't worthy, and I think you know who I mean. They have a forum something like this but a whole lot weirder and they like to ban people who are smarter than them, which doesn't leave much.

2i8gjs0.jpg

Why would they do that?  Any catalog of the Egyptian (not Greco-Egyptian) sky shows that they did not recognize a "scorpion" constellation.  Nor were those particularly important stars.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kmt_sesh

I'm not crazy about the idea of starting a new thread on this topic, even if it's a different set of pyramids than the Great Pyramid. Bennu, we really don't need to do this every time you want to line up monuments with stars. It's best kept in one thread.

I'll have to think about merging this thread with the earlier one.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ChrLzs
Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Bennu said:

Those were just quick images I put together in a very short time.

Maybe next time use some methodology and do it properly, rather than wasting our time with completely unsupported numerology.

Quote

I invite others to do it themselves

And sensibly, no-one will bother as they can see it is a complete waste of time...

Quote

using whatever images/programs they think will be most realistic.

Wow, Confirmation Bias and Cherry Picking at it's absolute finest!!!  (Hint, those are bad things, not research skills..)

Quote

As for having the whole sky catalogue to choose from, so did everyone else up to today who completely failed.

Bwahaha.  Name ONE who tried. and then we could look at why, rather than vomit up such a ridiculous statement.  Even just one person's 'failure' would only be of relevance if the process was meaningful, and it clearly isn't.

Quote

It's really not as easy as you assume

It's not me making stupid claims about (badly) matching up a couple of lines, using a constellation and stars that were meaningless to that society.

Quote

or somebody else probably would have something up right now that they could cite and say "but I already solved that, just follow this link and all will be revealed".

Solved WHAT?  There is nothing here to solve - you are just overlaying images randomly to see what vaguely fits.  Your source images aren't even linear or properly to scale.  You could not do this worse if you were trolling.

Quote

No, all there really is aside from what I just posted is nothing at all

You got that right.  A complete waste of the forum's time.

Quote

"they just randomly stuck em any old place, shot an arrow in the air and wherever it landed they built their pyramids". Seems a little weak to me.

That interpretation seems completely unfounded to me - is anyone saying that happened?  I mean other than you, so you can shoot it down?

But I'm sure you feel all these tinfoil tactics vindicate you....  Me, I shall be off as I have a life and a knowledge of how real research works.  Absolutely no trace of that on this thread, apart from the debunking you are getting.

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bennu
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

I'm not crazy about the idea of starting a new thread on this topic, even if it's a different set of pyramids than the Great Pyramid. Bennu, we really don't need to do this every time you want to line up monuments with stars. It's best kept in one thread.

I'll have to think about merging this thread with the earlier one.

Um, it's entirely different pyramids and entirely different stars. So to your mind any theory which involves any pyramids and any stars are the same? Do elaborate on how you reached that conclusion. 

Edited by Bennu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Golden Duck
30 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

...

And sensibly, no-one will bother as they can see it is a complete waste of time...

...

I wouldn't agree it a waste of time.  I think Scott Creighton issued a similar challenge to assert that unlikelihood of Orion's Belt and the Giza being a coincidence.  I've attached a poor attempt at randomizing 360 stars in a sky; but, for me, it's enough to suspect three collinear points is not that uncommon.

It's good to call the bluff.

Working with a real list of stars, I think would be, would be an interesting problem.  But which list of stars?

The Almagest has 1028 stars listed.  As @Harte points out we only need to look for two collinear stars to represent the Red and Bent pyramids.  Based on The Almagest there are over half-a-million candidates.

theChallenge.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bennu
7 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

I wouldn't agree it a waste of time.  I think Scott Creighton issued a similar challenge to assert that unlikelihood of Orion's Belt and the Giza being a coincidence.  I've attached a poor attempt at randomizing 360 stars in a sky; but, for me, it's enough to suspect three collinear points is not that uncommon.

It's good to call the bluff.

Working with a real list of stars, I think would be, would be an interesting problem.  But which list of stars?

The Almagest has 1028 stars listed.  As @Harte points out we only need to look for two collinear stars to represent the Red and Bent pyramids.  Based on The Almagest there are over half-a-million candidates.

theChallenge.jpg

Do it then. Please don't post here again until you do, because that's the only posts from you I am interested in seeing in my thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bennu
Posted (edited)

Crickets.. that's what I thought.

Edited by Bennu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Golden Duck
17 minutes ago, Bennu said:

Crickets.. that's what I thought.

You give one minute? :rofl:

You have presented a challenge that amounts to finding two stars that are on the same line.  Are there any other constraints?

Have you got a list of stars and location in the sky?  Can you suggest which list should be used?

BTW.  This was my first post in this thread.  What gives you the right to instruct when I should post in this thread?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Saru
2 hours ago, Bennu said:

Do it then. Please don't post here again until you do, because that's the only posts from you I am interested in seeing in my thread.

Unless you have a moderator badge, you shouldn't be telling other members what they can and cannot post.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sonofkrypton
4 hours ago, Bennu said:

Do it then. Please don't post here again until you do, because that's the only posts from you I am interested in seeing in my thread.

Jesus Bennu, dial it back a bit!

if you're looking for constructive dialog and information sharing, you're going about it the wrong way, you have presented a theory and there are a lot more knowledgeable people than myself on here that can pick apart what you have presented

BUT...you have to be open to being wrong and accept that that might happen, if you're right and your theory holds up, there are members here that would LOVE to be wrong, especially on the matters of Egypt, I would love a fringey/out there hypothesis to be right...yet they seldom are and there is a reason for that

good luck

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bennu
4 hours ago, Saru said:

Unless you have a moderator badge, you shouldn't be telling other members what they can and cannot post.

I believe I said please. Does telling a person what they can and cannot do usually begin with the word please? Seriously, I want you to answer that, please and thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bennu
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, sonofkrypton said:

Jesus Bennu, dial it back a bit!

if you're looking for constructive dialog and information sharing, you're going about it the wrong way, you have presented a theory and there are a lot more knowledgeable people than myself on here that can pick apart what you have presented

BUT...you have to be open to being wrong and accept that that might happen, if you're right and your theory holds up, there are members here that would LOVE to be wrong, especially on the matters of Egypt, I would love a fringey/out there hypothesis to be right...yet they seldom are and there is a reason for that

good luck

 

Actually I wasn't looking for constructive dialog, I was making a public announcement. People can post comments about my announcement if they want but I'm really not interested. There are the images, What is there to discuss?

Edited by Bennu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bennu
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

You give one minute? :rofl:

You have presented a challenge that amounts to finding two stars that are on the same line.  Are there any other constraints?

Have you got a list of stars and location in the sky?  Can you suggest which list should be used?

BTW.  This was my first post in this thread.  What gives you the right to instruct when I should post in this thread?

Maybe i was a little too harsh then. I thought you were an agitator but I can see now that you're some young person, so sorry if I hurt your feelings there. I'll take the time to explain it a little to you. It's not two random stars I picked. It's stars in a constellation WELL KNOWN to have been recognized by the Egyptians and to have bee part of their creation myths. Notice that the lowest star is on the horizon. That's not a random time. Does that make it any easier for you to understand?

BTW the crickets post after 1 minute was in anticipation of future crickets, which there were in regard to you doing it. I'm good at predicting crickets.

Edited by Bennu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rashore

Thread closed for moderator review. Bennu, go read the site rules you agreed to as a member here.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.