Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
UM-Bot

Horror director recalls real-life ghost encounter

Recommended Posts

 
Ozfactor

Trying to flog his movie

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rapido

@Ozfactor
D'accord! Nearly every director of horror movies does it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
5 hours ago, Ozfactor said:

Trying to flog his movie

I think those type of explanations get overly relied upon. It seems whenever there's a movie, or it's Halloween season, or a place wants to get a reputation, or ghost tours exist or whatever, or some  other promotion, that becomes the explanation. Now I don't doubt there are some that will whore out their honesty for fame and fortune but I think that explanation is overly reused is all I'm saying.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GlitterRose
43 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I think those type of explanations get overly relied upon. It seems whenever there's a movie, or it's Halloween season, or a place wants to get a reputation, or ghost tours exist or whatever, or some  other promotion, that becomes the explanation. Now I don't doubt there are some that will whore out their honesty for fame and fortune but I think that explanation is overly reused is all I'm saying.

It would be different if he was just now telling a story about what happened when he filmed Conjuring 2.

But nope...it is again about an upcoming movie. 

That explanation is used a lot because it is so often applicable. 

People do want to hype up whatever it is they're intending on selling. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
37 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

It would be different if he was just now telling a story about what happened when he filmed Conjuring 2.

But nope...it is again about an upcoming movie. 

That explanation is used a lot because it is so often applicable. 

People do want to hype up whatever it is they're intending on selling. 

We are all aware of that but it doesn’t disqualify the story either. We might also consider the media also focuses on what is most topical at the time. Older stories are less topical.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ItsNothing

A twist of the upcoming movie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Seti42

I think that when people are in a spooky environment or spooked out mindset, they are more likely to experience something spooky. It's called priming, and it happens all the time. The entire industry of psychics for money is built on it, as is religion itself.

Edited by Seti42
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
John Allanson

It's all about bums on seats.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TripGun

These types of experiences are essentially our own, they are rarely convincingly conveyed and often used against us. Better to not volunteer information as no good seems to come from it.

Edited by TripGun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
11 hours ago, TripGun said:

These types of experiences are essentially our own, they are rarely convincingly conveyed and often used against us. Better to not volunteer information as no good seems to come from it.

Actually not having experienced much myself I love hearing others' stories. That is how we all learn to consider what is possible out there. Because some want to dismiss (sometimes insultingly) any paranormal claim shouldn't stop us in the least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.