Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghostly Photo

nick_uk_911

So this is my secnd post and probably the only other paranormal thing I have.

This is not my photo, this was taken my my sisters boyfriend in what i believe was an old WW2 bunker, apparantly the bunker was completely dark and they decided to snap a photo with the flash on too see if they could see inside. 

This photo was what they took.

Bunker Ghost.jpg

• Like 2

Sorry nick, nothing paranormal about this at all. 

We see these come on here a lot.

They are orbs created by the flash. Very very common.

Hey freetoroam, 

I wasnt interested in the orbs it was more what looks like the face of a man wearing what looks like a beret on his head !

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, nick_uk_911 said:

Hey freetoroam, 

I wasnt interested in the orbs it was more what looks like the face of a man wearing what looks like a beret on his head !

Sorry.

Very common one, its called :

Pareidolia (/pærɪˈdliə/ parr-i-DOH-lee-ə) is a psychological phenomenon in which the mind responds to a stimulus, usually an image or a sound, by perceiving a familiar pattern where none exists.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareidolia

These are so easy i can even use wiki to explain them. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, nick_uk_911 said:

Hey freetoroam, 

Its pareidolia.

• Like 1

I have to disagree, Everyone who I know who has looked at this photo has described the same thing, A man in uniform with facial hair (beard and mustache) and a beret that is very simalir to one worn by soldiers in WW2. 

So does this Pareidolia mean that every persons mind will respond to an image/sound with the same result? 

You may aswell just close down the forum if everything is put down to pareidolia !

• Like 4

The forum exist for everyone to have the chance to express an opinion, even if its just pareidolia.:)

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, nick_uk_911 said:

I have to disagree, Everyone who I know who has looked at this photo has described the same thing, A man in uniform with facial hair (beard and mustache) and a beret that is very simalir to one worn by soldiers in WW2. 

So does this Pareidolia mean that every persons mind will respond to an image/sound with the same result? 

You may aswell just close down the forum if everything is put down to pareidolia !

I totally agree with you! It may well be pareidolia, but equally, ................ it may not. None of us knows for sure.

• Like 2

I think that it looks like some lens flare and then some poor ghostly Irish lad in the back. 

I think he wants a pint.

• Haha 2

Exactly ouija, stating it is definitely pareidolia pretty much concludes all discussion on the topic. Perhaps it is pareidolia but like you say who really knows for sure. 

I just thought it was an intresting photo and intresting that everyone who has taken a look at it points out the same thing of a man in uniform. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, nick_uk_911 said:

Because of where the photo is taken at, it put the idea of a 'ghost soldier's in their minds. I see someone with a gaunt face and long hair. That's the result of my brain making the pattern in the image familiar. 

You're attitude is not productive in discussing the topic. Very little if anything is actually paranormal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

Because of where the photo is taken at, it put the idea of a 'ghost soldier's in their minds. I see someone with a gaunt face and long hair. That's the result of my brain making the pattern in the image familiar. 

You're attitude is not productive in discussing the topic. Very little if anything is actually paranormal.

Glad you said very little,so you think a small percentage is.

1 minute ago, openozy said:

Glad you said very little,so you think a small percentage is.

Unknown is a better word. Paranormal/supernatural have stigma too them. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, nick_uk_911 said:

*snip*

Everyone who I know who has looked at this photo has described the same thing, A man in uniform with facial hair (beard and mustache) and a beret that is very simalir to one worn by soldiers in WW2. 

*snip*

How has everyone you know described the same thing??

With beautiful irony, the answer again is: Pareidolia!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareidolia

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Unknown is a better word. Paranormal/supernatural have stigma too them. 

In who's eyes,the general public,who cares?

• Like 1

Just now, openozy said:

In who's eyes,the general public,who cares?

Then why the hell bother to quote me? 

12 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

I totally agree with you! It may well be pareidolia, but equally, ................ it may not. None of us knows for sure.

In this case we do.

There would be no pareidolia if there had been no orbs and lens flares and the only reason why there are is because the person who took the picture did so with the flash on. 

Go back with a torch and i guarantee there is no long haired ghost. 

Because I think you believe more than you let on.

3 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Then why the hell bother to quote me? 

3 minutes ago, openozy said:

Because I think you believe more than you let on.

Everyone is looking for some excuse to call my a hypocrite.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Everyone is looking for some excuse to call my a hypocrite.

Don't think your that,just a pretty deep dude.

9 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

In this case we do.

There would be no pareidolia if there had been no orbs and lens flares and the only reason why there are is because the person who took the picture did so with the flash on. 

Go back with a torch and i guarantee there is no long haired ghost. 

We'll just have to agree to disagree :)

Although I agree with your last sentence. There would be no long-haired ghost because what people are seeing is a soldier with a beret! :lol:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, nick_uk_911 said:

Sorry for causing such a stir, its just a photo !

Some people get themselves all stirred up! Don't let it put you off. :D

• Like 2