Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Iowa college girl goes mising while jogging

The Caspian Hare

4 hours ago, susieice said:

Just watched the news conference. Her father has identified her body and the suspect has confessed to killing her. He said he chased her down, then blacked out, coming to later at an intersection, where police believed he dumped her body. The suspect is an illegal immigrant.

Son of a b****... :angry:

• Like 7

4 hours ago, The Caspian Hare said:

He blacked out before the act? :rolleyes: Suspects seem to say that a often, as if it will work.

Here's what he says happened. The full press conference is in this link. He admitted to chasing her down. She told him to leave her alone or she was calling police. He dragged her into a cornfield. Then he blacked out and somehow he later found himself in his car with an earplug in his lap. Then he remembered she was in his trunk. After the police interview, Rivera took officers to her body.

There was a video from a security camera showing Mollie running and Rivera's car in the area. 

https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/national/mollie-tibbetts-illegal-immigrant-cristhian-rivera-charged-with-murder-of-college-student

Edited by susieice
  • Thanks 1

What's so puzzling in the case the time line they gave,

Witness saw her at 9:00pm, the snap chat was at 10:00 pm from a indoor.

Its says this guy said he was jogging with her when he abducted her.

So was she jogging after 10:pm  in the dark? 

https://abc7chicago.com/missing-college-student-mollie-tibbetts-a-timeline/3870560/

Edited by docyabut2

14 hours ago, susieice said:

The suspect is an illegal immigrant.

But I didn't think any of them were rapists or murderers.    This sucks no matter who the killer was, but there is a little more sting when it is someone who shouldn't be here.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Myles said:

But I didn't think any of them were rapists or murderers.    This sucks no matter who the killer was, but there is a little more sting when it is someone who shouldn't be here.

Sadly it weighs heavier on the hearts of the families. Like that woman who was murdered on the dock in San Francisco by a man who had been deported 6 times before. Then it's turned into a political issue. Not all are murderers and rapist but I don't doubt some were problems in their homeland.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

Its says this guy said he was jogging with her when he abducted her.

So was she jogging after 10:pm  in the dark? 

https://abc7chicago.com/missing-college-student-mollie-tibbetts-a-timeline/3870560/

Jogging at night is pretty normal for college kids, Actually. My girlfreind use to do it all the time before I met her and whenever we walk around at night you still see alot of joggers.

Oh and just to help lol. The time line said she was running at 7 and they ornigialy thought that was when she got obducted. But now because of the snapchat at 10 they think she was at Jakes house.

At least I think that's what I read haha

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

Docy, the info is that the snap chat was viewed at (or about) 10pm, but as for when it was sent, to my knowledge, it hasn't been revealed whether that's even been determined.

I don't remember a 9pm sighting, where was that?

• Like 2

I'm wondering just how populated the area she was running in was ?  Were there houses around the area that he finally stopped and attacked her or at that point was she running down country roads? 

I'm not in any way blaming Molly but it just breaks my heart that she didn't just go ahead and call the police instead of threatening to do it.  As a normal, law-abiding person, I'm sure she didn't want to cause a "bigger problem."  Again and again, it seems that normal people are reticent to stand their ground and defend themselves in the most active way possible.  By not doing so you go along with the provocateur and enable them.  

You have to be ready to die right where you are.  Darn it, scream, fight and for God's sake dial that number.  Don't let them choose the place they are going to murder you.  

• Like 2

Good to see you back Vincennes!

Rivera told police he chased her and dragged her into a cornfield, so I'm thinking the area she was jogging in was rural. Not sure if it was nighttime when this happened.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Regi said:

I don't remember a 9pm sighting, where was that?

(Never mind. :lol:)

It appears that it was incorrectly reported as 9pm- it was actually at about 8, and the location is just down the street from the car wash, which was one of those five areas LE specified was of particular interest.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, susieice said:

Good to see you back Vincennes!

Rivera told police he chased her and dragged her into a cornfield, so I'm thinking the area she was jogging in was rural. Not sure if it was nighttime when this happened.

Thank you !

That's been my impression too which would really limit her ability to react and draw attention or seek help …. Other than completing that 911 call.  Being an illegal, he probably would have ran had she done that.  Heart breaking !  

• Like 2

Good gads this woman is dense.

I'm sorry for the family, but we need to focus on children being taken away from illegal immigrants.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Myles said:

Good gads this woman is dense.

I'm sorry for the family, but we need to focus on children being taken away from illegal immigrants.

Hopefully, this show of compassion will haunt her in campaigns to come.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Vincennes said:

Thank you !

That's been my impression too which would really limit her ability to react and draw attention or seek help …. Other than completing that 911 call.  Being an illegal, he probably would have ran had she done that.  Heart breaking !  

Agreed. She should have just started dialing. Maybe he would have left her alone. 911 isn't a lot of numbers that he could have grabbed the phone out of her hands quick. Who knows.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

He worked for a dairy farm.  His lawyer is saying that his employer confirmed that he was in the US legally because of e-verify. https://www.kcci.com/article/were-all-going-to-die-now-uber-driver-in-california-accused-of-kidnapping-women/22798549

Your link goes to a story about an uber driver that should be in prison. Just thought I'd let you know. It's happened to me before too.

32 minutes ago, susieice said:

Your link goes to a story about an uber driver that should be in prison. Just thought I'd let you know. It's happened to me before too.

Hmm. That was weird.  Should be linked to the local TV station's site.  Let me look again.

Eh, they must have done a correction.  The farm in question didn't use e-verify and he is indeed illegal. 

Ah, I see what is happening.  The link is to the news article chain and it changes with the new articles on top.  You can still read it but have to scroll down through the stories.

Edited by Gromdor
checked my link
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gromdor said:

Hmm. That was weird.  Should be linked to the local TV station's site.  Let me look again.

Eh, they must have done a correction.  The farm in question didn't use e-verify and he is indeed illegal. 

Ah, I see what is happening.  The link is to the news article chain and it changes with the new articles on top.  You can still read it but have to scroll down through the stories.

ABC News just said Rivera used a fake ID to get his job. The farmer he worked for said he lied.

Before the owner did say Rivera was vetted through e-verify.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/farm-suspect-mollie-tibbetts-murder-passed-background-check/story?id=57324017&cid=clicksource_3029898_3_daypart_dp_hed

Edited by susieice

8 hours ago, Vincennes said:

I'm wondering just how populated the area she was running in was ?  Were there houses around the area that he finally stopped and attacked her or at that point was she running down country roads? 

I'm not in any way blaming Molly but it just breaks my heart that she didn't just go ahead and call the police instead of threatening to do it.  As a normal, law-abiding person, I'm sure she didn't want to cause a "bigger problem."  Again and again, it seems that normal people are reticent to stand their ground and defend themselves in the most active way possible.  By not doing so you go along with the provocateur and enable them.  

You have to be ready to die right where you are.  Darn it, scream, fight and for God's sake dial that number.  Don't let them choose the place they are going to murder you.  

Agreed...we alsoteach that your cell phone is not a safety device. People/women think they won't be attacked because they are seen with their phone...not true. By the time you or the person you are talking to call 911 and the police get there you are long gone.

2 hours ago, susieice said:

Agreed. She should have just started dialing. Maybe he would have left her alone. 911 isn't a lot of numbers that he could have grabbed the phone out of her hands quick. Who knows.

The police say by the time they get there they may find your phone but they won't find you. :(

• Sad 1

Yes. Being on the phone isn't really protection unless you think fast enough to give details right away. Like a license plate number and a good description of the car and suspect. That may scare someone off if they hear that because ID-ing the suspect could be made easier if something happened to you. Then again, they may not care that their info is on a 911 recording. It's still worth taking a chance at.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 2

Aww ****.  All I wanna do is say words I can't type here. 

I was really hoping she would be alive.

I knew she probably wasn't, but I was still hoping. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Another case where she might have been alive if she'd had the option of shooting the bustard in various places.

At least 100 threatening voicemail messages have been sent to Dane Lang since Tuesday, he said. People have threatened to burn down buildings and even kill his dog after learning Rivera was employed at the farm.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2018/08/22/mollie-tibbetts-cristhian-rivera-yarrabee-farms/1069551002/

Sorry for posted things I heard on the news, where some commentators made mistakes on the case.Now just try and find links instead.   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

Sorry for posted things I heard on the news, where some commentators made mistakes on the case.Now just try and find links instead.   

If you're referring to the info of a 9pm sighting, I've since found that you had linked to an article in which that was reported, I just didn't (still don't) remember having read that article.

It's post #56 (page 3). Now, the article contains a link to the same video I later posted which reports the sighting as 8pm, and so I think what's happened here is that I remembered '8pm' from the video while you remembered '9pm' from the article.

Edited by Regi