Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Iowa college girl goes mising while jogging

The Caspian Hare

Not looking good

http://www.kcci.com/article/authorities-search-for-missing-university-of-iowa-student/22503946

POWESHIEK COUNTY, Iowa (KCCI) —

Authorities in central Iowa are still searching for a University of Iowa student who went missing earlier this week.

The Poweshiek County Sheriff’s Office said 20-year-old Mollie Tibbetts was last seen around 10 p.m. Wednesday in Brooklyn while she was dog sitting. She was wearing gym shorts, a black sports bra and running shoes, KCRG reported.

Tibbetts is described as being 5 feet, 2 inches tall and approximately 120 pounds with brown hair and brown eyes.

• Like 1
  • Sad 6

LAst I heard they're trying to use her fitbit to determine her last location, the boyfriend is ruled out as a suspect (he was out of town) and the FBI is involved

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, The Caspian Hare said:

LAst I heard they're trying to use her fitbit to determine her last location, the boyfriend is ruled out as a suspect (he was out of town) and the FBI is involved

Just watch a HLN show, saying she might have got lost in the corn fields ,or went back to the house. they also said  there may be are some  home work done on her PC after her returned to the house.   The boy friend texts her the morning of her disappearance.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

Just watch a HLN show, saying she might have got lost in the corn fields ,or went back to the house. they also said  there may be are some  home work done on her PC after her returned to the house.   The boy friend texts her the morning of her disappearance.

I pray that this young woman isn't another sad statistic of a perverted murderer.  Having a daughter slightly older than her it breaks my heart for what these parents are experiencing.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, and then said:

I pray that this young woman isn't another sad statistic of a perverted murderer.  Having a daughter slightly older than her it breaks my heart for what these parents are experiencing.

They are saying she might have been attacked at the boy friend house after the her running:(

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

They are saying she might have been attacked at the boy friend house after the her running:(

We are all detective arm chair detectives trying to find out what went wrong :D

• Like 1

I don't have anything to add expect that if her fitbit (I'd never before heard of such a thing) was at the house, then I wouldn't think she'd 'gone missing while jogging'.

The fitbit thing.. the worn unit itself would be with her. But from the reports, it sounds like the device she syncs it to is in her home. It will show logs of her activity. The most basic is counting steps, which can tell police what her usual range was for her runs. Gives them a general area to know where she might have disappeared from.

Depending on how she was utilizing her fitbit, and depending on the model.. one can track things like actual running routes, timing of activities, sleep cycles, dietary/eating details, things that can be tracked to help the police know what her habits were.

If in the unfortunate even that the worst has happened, and she is found and still wearing her fitbit, it could help determine a precise time of death. Because once the worn unit is synced to the home device again, it will show when her activity changed and stopped. If she had a model that has the ability and she was using it, the fitbit would have tracked her heart rate during whatever happened too.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Regi said:

Why not?

Hi regi, that was the first report,  it was said the corn fields were so high it was hard to find anything.

had to be maybe pedophilias that kidnapped her, or a animal that might  have got  her.:( 

Edited by docyabut2

1 hour ago, docyabut2 said:

Hi regi, that was the first report,  it was said the corn fields were so high it was hard to find anything.

had to be maybe pedophilias that kidnapped her, or a animal that might  have got  her.:( 

Oh goodness, why would you think a pedophile kidnapped her? She's 20 years old, not a child. I'm not too sure about the animal theory, but that's more likely than a pedophile theory.

I really hope she turns up ok.

I know the longer she's missing, the less likely they are to find her alive, but you never know.

Elizabeth Smart was missing for a long time and they still found her. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

Iowa doesn't really have a critter bigger than a coyote.  There is an occasional mountain lion sighting but that's a once every five years or so thing.  Only thing that hurts people around here are other people.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rashore said:

Oh goodness, why would you think a pedophile kidnapped her? She's 20 years old, not a child. I'm not too sure about the animal theory, but that's more likely than a pedophile theory.

Sorry I`m just old and think of her as a kid.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Iowa doesn't really have a critter bigger than a coyote.  There is an occasional mountain lion sighting but that's a once every five years or so thing.  Only thing that hurts people around here are other people.

Volunteer crews started looking corn fields , is why my thoughts it could have been a cougar in a field.  

5 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

Volunteer crews started looking corn fields , is why my thoughts it could have been a cougar in a field.  

It's not.  Too far south.  Too close to I-80 and rest stops/trucker travel stations.  Not to be a doom and gloomer, but Iowa has a pretty bad track record when it comes to missing people.  Huisentruit comes to mind as another "disappeared" woman here in Iowa. Too many privately owned farmland and hog lots. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gromdor said:

It's not.  Too far south.  Too close to I-80 and rest stops/trucker travel stations.  Not to be a doom and gloomer, but Iowa has a pretty bad track record when it comes to missing people.  Huisentruit comes to mind as another "disappeared" woman here in Iowa. Too many privately owned farmland and hog lots. 

But on the frist news, its showed a flim of volunteer crews started looking into the corn fields, for a reason they were looking there for her missing  first.  

ok so on the HLN show today it showed a map, points to where she was.

home of Mollie`s mom

July 18- 5:30 p

Mollie brother dropped her off at her boy friend house where she dog sitting

July 18- 7:30 p

Mollie is seen jogging in Brooklyn Iowa

July 18 10p

boyfriend gets snapchat  from Mollie from some where indoors

So  10 p, if she was at the boy friend`s house and being kidnapped,  it would show a break in and a disturbance or of her fighting in the house

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Goddess of the Mist said:

I read that her boyfriend lived with his brother (at the house where she was dog sitting). Was he around or been checked out, I wonder? 

Official statement is that the boyfriend has been ruled out for the time being. He was probably the first one they looked at.

16 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

ok so on the HLN show today it showed a map, points to where she was.

home of Mollie`s mom

July 18- 5:30 p

Mollie brother dropped her off at her boy friend house where she dog sitting

July 18- 7:30 p

Mollie is seen jogging in Brooklyn Iowa

July 18 10p

boyfriend gets snapchat  from Mollie from some where indoors

So  10 p, if she was at the boy friend`s house and being kidnapped,  it would show a break in and a disturbance or of her fighting in the house

There was something said about them not locking their doors. 

On 8/3/2018 at 10:30 AM, docyabut2 said:

Hi, Docy.

My impression was that there was a cornfield in the immediate vicinity of the home, but I've since learned that most of the vicinity is cornfields!  :blink:

Where is Mollie Tibbetts?

Today, The FBI circled back to the hog farm where the farmer stated “ he doesn’t know who she is, and that he believes someone has her.’..  (CLEARLY , an educated answer by the hog farmer)

Why would the FBI go back to the hog farm for the second time? If there was any sort of remains, especially bones, something would have shown up at the hog farm. Also, With the type of investigation going on with this case, you could only imagine that the hog poop has been thoroughly tested for any sort of DNA match to Molly, as well as any bones in the stool.

I hope they figure it out and she’s returned to her family.

Edited by LucidElement
  • Like 3