Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
The Caspian Hare

Iowa college girl goes mising while jogging

121 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

GlitterRose

Aww ****.  All I wanna do is say words I can't type here. 

 

I was really hoping she would be alive.

I knew she probably wasn't, but I was still hoping. 

****

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
and then

Another case where she might have been alive if she'd had the option of shooting the bustard in various places.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
docyabut2
Quote

At least 100 threatening voicemail messages have been sent to Dane Lang since Tuesday, he said. People have threatened to burn down buildings and even kill his dog after learning Rivera was employed at the farm.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2018/08/22/mollie-tibbetts-cristhian-rivera-yarrabee-farms/1069551002/

Sorry for posted things I heard on the news, where some commentators made mistakes on the case.Now just try and find links instead.   

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Regi
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

Sorry for posted things I heard on the news, where some commentators made mistakes on the case.Now just try and find links instead.   

If you're referring to the info of a 9pm sighting, I've since found that you had linked to an article in which that was reported, I just didn't (still don't) remember having read that article.

It's post #56 (page 3). Now, the article contains a link to the same video I later posted which reports the sighting as 8pm, and so I think what's happened here is that I remembered '8pm' from the video while you remembered '9pm' from the article.

Edited by Regi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Myles

It would be nice if both sides could use this incident of an illegal immigrant killing a US citizen as a springboard to fix some "low hanging fruit" policies.     Such as requiring better checks before hiring, giving licenses and border control.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MWoo7
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Myles said:

Such as requiring better checks before hiring, giving licenses and border control.

Ha! common sense "  checks before hiring, giving licenses " to borrow a southern PHRASE/diddy::: have you lost your mind?, the bleeding hearts would be up in arms about that if such things were challenged.

Edited by MWoo7
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Regi
Posted (edited)
On 8/22/2018 at 10:13 AM, Vincennes said:

I'm wondering just how populated the area she was running in was ?  Were there houses around the area that he finally stopped and attacked her or at that point was she running down country roads?

To my knowledge, the precise location of the abduction hasn't been revealed, but I've been trying to figure out her jogging route on that eve and based on Riley's description of his *last sighting of her (*I'm actually not yet convinced that he did in fact see her on that particular eve), it sounds to me like her route was east along E. 2nd St and then north on Mill St..

Here's Brooklyn, Iowa, population about 1,500.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Brooklyn,+IA+52211/@41.7309064,-92.443557,14z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x87e587c0b2898e4f:0x9627630ca7a5ba35!8m2!3d41.7315717!4d-92.4453638

E. 2nd St. and Mill

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Brooklyn,+IA+52211/@41.7301722,-92.4417516,415m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x87e587c0b2898e4f:0x9627630ca7a5ba35!8m2!3d41.7315717!4d-92.4453638

 Other than her route, I've been wondering where the suspect lived.

Edited by Regi
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
docyabut2
10 hours ago, Regi said:

If you're referring to the info of a 9pm sighting, I've since found that you had linked to an article in which that was reported, I just didn't (still don't) remember having read that article.

It's post #56 (page 3). Now, the article contains a link to the same video I later posted which reports the sighting as 8pm, and so I think what's happened here is that I remembered '8pm' from the video while you remembered '9pm' from the article.

Thanks Regi:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vincennes
On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 11:59 AM, Regi said:

To my knowledge, the precise location of the abduction hasn't been revealed, but I've been trying to figure out her jogging route on that eve and based on Riley's description of his *last sighting of her (*I'm actually not yet convinced that he did in fact see her on that particular eve), it sounds to me like her route was east along E. 2nd St and then north on Mill St..

Thanks for the map !  The size of the town surprised even me who's used to being in Podunk.  Even 2nd St. shows areas where it's not very populated, poor thing was really on the certainly without many options for help.

As far as where he lived.  Yahoo news (or Pravda) and his defense attorney have already reported that other than this arrest he is an "All American boy without other arrest record.)  So be prepared to hear that he lived in a rectory because of being such a dedicated choir boy.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vincennes
On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 11:18 PM, susieice said:

Yes. Being on the phone isn't really protection unless you think fast enough to give details right away. Like a license plate number and a good description of the car and suspect. That may scare someone off if they hear that because ID-ing the suspect could be made easier if something happened to you. Then again, they may not care that their info is on a 911 recording. It's still worth taking a chance at.

Being ready to give them pertinent information when you call like a license number is really an excellent thought.  That way even if you're long gone LE has at least a hint of an idea of who.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
susieice
2 hours ago, Vincennes said:

Thanks for the map !  The size of the town surprised even me who's used to being in Podunk.  Even 2nd St. shows areas where it's not very populated, poor thing was really on the certainly without many options for help.

As far as where he lived.  Yahoo news (or Pravda) and his defense attorney have already reported that other than this arrest he is an "All American boy without other arrest record.)  So be prepared to hear that he lived in a rectory because of being such a dedicated choir boy.  

 

I saw somewhere that Rivera lived in one of three mobile trailers that were on the farm he worked at. I just don't remember where I saw it. Will look for a link.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vincennes
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, susieice said:

I saw somewhere that Rivera lived in one of three mobile trailers that were on the farm he worked at. I just don't remember where I saw it. Will look for a link.

That would be something like what has gone on just a few miles from here.  We've had a situation involving egg factories that imported dozens (most likely 100s) of illegals.  They set them up in trailers that were for the most part unlivable and kept them working 12-14 hrs. a day.  Then charged them "rent" on top of that.  They became actual slaves living here.  However, done of the local farmers were involved.  The egg farms were owned by German corporations and the people supplying the illegals were actually also illegals and Mexican citizens themselves.  Illegal of not, they held these people, came back and forth across the border, managed their slavery and collected from them.   They were finally arrested but, you know what, typical of Pravda news coverage, I don't know what happened after that.  

Here's an interesting bit of brainwash appearing today:  https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/iowa-murder-draws-attention-to-agriculture-industrys-hiring-of-undocumented-immigrants/ar-BBMorw0?ocid=spartandhp  Published by USA Today . 

 Seems to blame US farmers and the system for "running out" huge numbers of needed workers.  Doesn't really cover situations of German corporations who own huge farming businesses here and the coyotes who are then working with them to furnish what becomes slave labor does it ?  Most interesting is USA Today owns our local newspaper.  Guess that's why I don't know if the situation was entirely broken up.  

Edited by Vincennes
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Regi
Posted (edited)
On 8/23/2018 at 7:47 PM, docyabut2 said:

Thanks Regi:)

You're welcome, Docy :)

You know, it's very disappointing that a writer could be so careless as to inaccurately report info. from their own source.

22 hours ago, Vincennes said:

Thanks for the map !

You're welcome! :tu:

22 hours ago, Vincennes said:

Even 2nd St. shows areas where it's not very populated, poor thing was really on the certainly without many options for help. 

Well now, this area is, indeed, rather remote; according to the arrest warrant (first link), the location is the 1900 blk. of 385th Ave.

http://media.graytvinc.com/documents/082118+DCI+Arrest.pdf

https://www.google.com/maps/place/1900+385th+Ave,+Brooklyn,+IA+52211/@41.7358385,-92.4311799,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x87e5862917098e7b:0x34ac97831d2cd2d5!8m2!3d41.7388486!4d-92.41609

Edited by Regi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then

It will be interesting to see how Iowans react to such a crime.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
susieice
5 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

This is sad because not all Latinos are illegal or doing wrong. I see no wrong in celebrating one's heritage but the bad always spoil things for the good. I hope they are able to hold the festival later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Robemcdo

Are we all buying this illegal immigrant story?  No motive .  But pinning this on him is perfect because it plays well in the political battlefields 

these people did not come to this country to end up in jail .  Yet we are quick to believe that they do .

There are much more likely suspects .  Confessions mean nothing .  Once you are arrested you are finished .  

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Myles
3 hours ago, Robemcdo said:

Are we all buying this illegal immigrant story?  No motive .  But pinning this on him is perfect because it plays well in the political battlefields 

these people did not come to this country to end up in jail .  Yet we are quick to believe that they do .

There are much more likely suspects .  Confessions mean nothing .  Once you are arrested you are finished .  

?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LucidElement

So any update on how they caught this guy? How long they had him in custody before they found the body? any motive as to why he killed her? How exactly she died? and how long she was left int he corn field before being found?

 

Of course the FBI knows all this but im not sure if they've or will ever release that information? Why are they holding the info back?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Caspian Hare

He was caught with the help of surveillance video. Cause of death was stab wounds.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.