Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Florida's Stand your ground to be tested

and-then

9 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

Then the store owner had better review his signs if he is not going to enforce the rules himself.

Its not up to the store owner or its customers to enforce the law, its up to law enforcement to do so. 

Dont get me wrong as someone with MS who spent a couple of years dependent on a cane I certainly dont have sympathy for folks parking in handicapped spots when its not necessary.

However as a relatively young and fit (looking) individual I certainly ran into my share of crotchety busy body b******* looking for a fight over a parking spot....actually my poor wife took the majority of that harassing after she would drop me off at the door of the store and find a parking spot

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I don't see why he needed to shoot him. Although there is no sound, you see him pull out the gun and the other guy begins to back off, he then shoots him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, and then said:

old guy

Old guy? He was 47. Not like he was some frail senior citizen. He was looking for a fight ffs

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

15 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

In fact, there are empty spaces closer to the door of the shop

They are likely disabled spots too. 

I would never park in a disabled spot, out of respect for road and parking signs in general. 

The young guy had legs..use them for what, an extra 0.4 seconds? 

This is just all wrong on both sides. Disregarding parking signs BUT the murder was really way too far! 

The man should be done for murder.

There is a camara, is no one watching it from within the store....why did no one go out when the guy parked there to check if he had a badge? 

As we have seen, people without badges are parking there, in an area full of hotheads and guns, you do not leave them to do what ever they want and take the law into their own hands.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Grey Area said:

That's the sort of dark and evil world we perpetuate.  Again, here is the coldness, the casual acceptance that rather than this being a behaviour and choices made people, it's just the way it is no better or worse than the heat of the desert or the cold of the ice caps.

Don't get me wrong, violence has a place, but when extremes become the norm, that's something else.

Indeed, violence should only be used in the correct situation. Ppl these days can easily get their hands onto guns too easily really. I think this is where the ball begins to roll about Gun Control when a gun in these sorts of situations are used. 

2 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

I don't see why he needed to shoot him. Although there is no sound, you see him pull out the gun and the other guy begins to back off, he then shoots him.

Once the guy backs off and he does not produce a weapon himself, shooting him in the chest is plain and simple shoot to kill murder.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

I agree he should not have shot him dead, but he did not start the fight, the couple who disrespects others and the rules started it.......with their attutude and by pushing him. 

Bad all rounder this one. 

Parked in a handicapped zone...not a reason to be killed

Had a bad attitude....not a reason to be shot in the chest.

Didn't read the sign...no excuse for murder.

Deciding to aim a gun and pull a trigger on an unarmed person because they annoyed you. Cold blooded murder.

There is no bad on both sides. The man with the gun could have chosen to walk away. His life was not threatened, or in danger because of the carpark. He could have written down the number plate and reported it. He could have embarrassed the man in the shop by speaking to him in public, he could have just been content with telling him off, he could have written a note and left it on his windscreen.  

So many different choices that would not have taken the Father/Brother/Son and probably income earner away from thier family.  Over a stupid carpark.

Murder is the wrongest of wrongs, there is no greater sin.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Kismit said:

because they annoyed you.

The guy blind-sided the older man pushing him to the ground violently with a potentially deadly force! That is not simply "annoying" someone! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kismit said:

There is no bad on both sides. The man with the gun could have chosen to walk away. His life was not threatened. Or in danger because of the carpark. He could have written down the number plate and repopted it. He could have embarrassed the man in the shop by speaking to him in public, he could have just been content with telling him off, he could have written a note and left it on his windscreen.  

I disagree, the other guy assaulted him.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, lost_shaman said:

The guy blind-sided the older man pushing him to the ground violently with a potentially deadly force! That is not simply "annoying" someone! 

Thats an act of violence within itself which could have killed the older man on his side as well. 

Edited by Browng0at
  • Confused 1

Just now, lost_shaman said:

Ahh he pushed him.... well that's a good reason to deliver a death sentence.  Obviously the man had no other choice but to take out his gun, make sure the safety was off, aim for the widest part of the body and pull the trigger.

And [End Sarcasm.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Rlyeh said:

I disagree, the other guy assaulted him.

As above.

Pushed him and annoyed him. That's exactly the two things that put a criminal on death row.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, lost_shaman said:

There was nothing for the shooter to say which required him to be harassing the woman. The shooter was looking for a fight and he instigated one by harassing the woman so aggressively that another customer went inside to tell the manager about it.

Once the shooter was on the ground and displaying a gun the victim was backing away. His life was not in danger when he pulled the trigger

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Browng0at said:

Thats an act of violence within himself which could have killed the older man on his side as well. 

2 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Once the shooter was on the ground and displaying a gun the victim was backing away. His life was not in danger when he pulled the trigger

The Police and the D.A. obviously disagree with you.

• Like 1

Ahh he pushed him.... well that's a good reason to deliver a death sentence.  Obviously the man had no other choice but to take out his gun, make sure the safety was off, aim for the widest part of the body and pull the trigger.

And [End Sarcasm.

I'm not defending the fact he shot him. The other guy backing off should've been the end of it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There was nothing for the shooter to say which required him to be harassing the woman. The shooter was looking for a fight and he instigated one by harassing the woman so aggressively that another customer went inside to tell the manager about it.

I actually do not care who started the fight. Or what it was over. 

The first rule in respectfulownership of a gun is never point it at anyone unless you intend on killing them. 

This was wring.  This was a wrong reaction. There is nowhere (other than America), in the civilized world where this would not be anamed open and shut case of murder. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, lost_shaman said:

The Police and the D.A. obviously disagree with you.

Well the sheriff does anyways buuut hey its Florida so I should probably be relieved by that.  

It has been pushed to the State Attorney's office to see if they agree or not. My guess is this case will end up being pursued by the DOJ down the road if the state wont prosecute. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Kismit said:

Parked in a handicapped zone...not a reason to be killed

Had a bad attitude....not a reason to be shot in the chest.

Didn't read the sign...no excuse for murder.

Deciding to aim a gun and pull a trigger on an unarmed person because they annoyed you. Cold blooded murder.

There is no bad on both sides. The man with the gun could have chosen to walk away. His life was not threatened. Or in danger because of the carpark. He could have written down the number plate and repopted it. He could have embarrassed the man in the shop by speaking to him in public, he could have just been content with telling him off, he could have written a note and left it on his windscreen.  

So many different choices that would not have taken the Father/Brother/Son and probably income earner away from thier family.  Over a stupid carpark.

Murder is the wrongest of wrongs, there is no greater sin.

I agree..he should not have been murdered. But how many times do we see these senseless murders? Too many. 

But they still took the piste by parking where ever they liked....ofcourse, the murder does out weight that, but still disregarded the signs.

Absolutely no way do i justify what the murderer has done, but i do not condone parking in the wrong place cos you feel like it....but..again...no reason to get shot dead for.

Too many lunatics with guns out there, maybe people will think twice about where they park or maybe they will carry a gun with them next time......that is how crazy this all is! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rlyeh said:

I'm not defending the fact he shot him. The other guy backing off should've been the end of it.

Unfortunately it wasn't  and that makes it murder.

Unfortunately despite the many other choices that could have been made a man is dead.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I actually do not care who started the fight. Or what it was over. 

The first rule in respectfulownership of a gun is never point it at anyone unless you intend on killing them. 

This was wring.  This was a wrong reaction. There is nowhere (other than America), in the civilized world where this would not be anamed open and shut case of murder. 

You're not wrong. However I think in America we're reaching a point where identifying who instigated these kinds of incidents and properly placing culpability on them is becoming more and more important. 

We have a certain percentage of our society which has begun finding glee in just being the worst human beings possible and then screaming about their rights to do so. Without finding a way to affix responsibility for these actions our nation is headed down a very dark path IMO

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

I agree..he should not have been murdered. But how many times do we see these senseless murders? Too many. 

But they still took the piste by parking where ever they liked....ofcourse, the murder does out weight that, but still disregarded the signs.

Absolutely no way do i justify what the murderer has done, but i do not condone parking in the wrong place cos you feel like it....but..again...no reason to get shot dead for.

Too many lunatics with guns out there, maybe people will think twice about where they park or maybe they will carry a gun with them next time......that is how crazy this all is! 

Yes nothing stops a lunatic with a gun better than another lunatic with a gun. :no:

This is an unfortunate way for people to think.

If people just straight up did not try to justify murder but condemn it for the unforgivable act that it is, maybe less people would think the act of  aiming a gun at another human being was wrong.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

......... our nation is headed down a very dark path IMO

My impression is that your nation is already so far down that dark path that there is no turning back.

• Like 4

Just now, ouija ouija said:

My impression is that your nation is already so far down that dark path that there is no turning back.

I hated hitting like on that post but I fear you may be correct. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

You're not wrong. However I think in America we're reaching a point where identifying who instigated these kinds of incidents and properly placing culpability on them is becoming more and more important. 

We have a certain percentage of our society which has begun finding glee in just being the worst human beings possible and then screaming about their rights to do so. Without finding a way to affix responsibility for these actions our nation is headed down a very dark path IMO

Just now, Kismit said:

Yes nothing stops a lunatic with a gun better than another lunatic with a gun. :no:

This is an unfortunate way for people to think.

If people just straight up did not try to justify murder but condemn it for the unforgivable act that it is, maybe less people would think the act of  aiming a gun at another human being was wrong.

Yes Farmer.  From outside of America we see it very clearly. There is no justification for stealing a person's life.

• Like 4

• The topic was locked