Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Florida's Stand your ground to be tested

and-then

8 minutes ago, Opus Magnus said:

I think it comes down to if they were really handicapped or not.

Nobody has claimed to be handicapped. Drejka has personal issues obviously but I'm not sure that qualifies. 

8 minutes ago, Opus Magnus said:

Because Mr. McGlockton did the first act of violence, instead of remaining verbal. 

What right did Drejka have to verbally abuse the passenger in the vehicle, which had its engine running, indicating the stop was very brief? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

You are aware that Drejka verbally abused a woman and small children with profanities while yelling when she wasn't the driver and it seems possible he illegally parked to initiate the confrontation? 

Isn't that well illustrating a massive failure in the system? 

Well, if they really were misusing the handicap space, then Drejka had a reason to confront them and warn them not to park there. If they were really misusing it, then McGlockton shouldn't have came out physically violent shoving people on the ground. This time unfortunately was his last. McGlockton is in the wrong here. If they were stealing handicap places, and then growing physically violent about it, he had it coming to him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

The burden of proof is yours not mine.

Just the same I have searched and have found no information on McGlockton’s criminal history (aside from what I've already posted).

I suspect you won't be busy forever, so perhaps when you have a moment you can find a way to provide that information since you already know where to access it.

Here are a few of his arrest records, although this isn't his entire rap sheet.

6/25/2008 AGGRAVATED BATTERY DOMESTIC, 784.045(1)(B)/F
6/25/2008 RESISTING ARREST WITH VIOLENCE, 843.01/F
6/25/2008 DISORDERLY CONDUCT, 877.03/M
5/05/2009 SALE OF COUNTERFEIT DRUGS, 893.13(1)(A)(1)/F
9/10/2010 POSSESSION OF COCAINE, 893.13(6)(A)/F
9/25/2010 POSSESSION OF CONTROLLED SUBS COCAINE, 893.13(6)
9/25/2010 POSSESSION OF COCAINE, 893.13(6)(A)/F
9/25/2010 SALE OR DELIVERY OF COCAINE, 893.13(1)(A)(1)/F
9/25/2010 POSSESSION OF MARIJUANA, 893.13(6)(B)/M
9/21/2011 PETIT THEFT, 812.014(3)(A)/M
9/21/2011 DRIVING UNREGISTER VEHICLE *NCTC, 320.02(1)/M
9/21/2011 DWLSR *NCTC 1, 322.34(2)(A)/M

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, lost_shaman said:

Now psyche, for the umptenth time, you DONT KNOW what was said so stop making things up! Also Jacobs WAS the driver, get your facts straight! And Drejka was not parked illegally, if this is where you have to go you've lost the argument. 

Drejka violated an ordinance by not parking in a designated space. He subsequently proceeds to harass a woman for her parking.

His issue with parking is analogous with your issue with people creating factoids.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well, I think regardless that Dreyka should get some prison time, so the victims can mourn his death.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

Drejka violated an ordinance by not parking in a designated space.

What ordinance?

4 minutes ago, Opus Magnus said:

Well, I think regardless that Dreyka should get some prison time, so the victims can mourn his death.

Um, yeah, that's not how our Legal system works.

• Haha 1

Just now, lost_shaman said:

Um, yeah, that's not how our Legal system works.

Yeah, it's corrupt.  I'm wondering if McGlockton had any arrests after 2011, or he'd be 7 years clean. 

That is really unfortunate he still had the anger in him to just shove Dreyka to the ground. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, lost_shaman said:

Nothing there would apply to Drejka or how he parked in that parking lot. 

Why?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lost_shaman said:

Now psyche, for the umptenth time, you DONT KNOW what was said so stop making things up!

Jacobs said he yelled 'move your f'kn car'. Witnesses corroborated he was yelling. No reason to doubt it. 

Also Jacobs WAS the driver, get your facts straight!

Apparently so, I stand corrected see how easy that is? One link stated McGlockton pulled up and got out the car, that information was somewhat ambiguous from certain sources. 

And Drejka was not parked illegally,

I don't see that's proven, the stills Golden Duck provided indicate otherwise. 

if this is where you have to go you've lost the argument. 

Where are you going with the claim that Drejka's head was 'eating the pavement'? I've not seen you back that claim yet. And how do explain why there's no bumpstop illustrating a legal parking position in front of Drejka's car? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Opus Magnus said:

Well, if they really were misusing the handicap space, then Drejka had a reason to confront them and warn them not to park there.

What reason? 

How is it Drejka's responsibility to police parking spaces armed and verbally abuse a woman over it? 

If they were really misusing it, then McGlockton shouldn't have came out physically violent shoving people on the ground.

Drejka had no right to verbally abuse his partner. Any man who is actually a man would defend his partner in that situation. 

This time unfortunately was his last.

He was murdered in front of his family, that's pretty callous of you there to make light of this. His 5 year old watched him die, is that an appropriate punishment for defending his girl when some wierdo approached her in public and started verbally abusing her? 

McGlockton is in the wrong here. If they were stealing handicap places, and then growing physically violent about it, he had it coming to him.

You think parking in a handicap space should be punishable by death? 

I don't agree with that at all. I can't fathom how you reconcile that. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

Well you got me.  I was overly rhetorical. 

Looking at the cctv video and street view, or doesn't look like Drejka was in a marked parking spot.  He calls out Jacobs for parking on the wrong spot when he himself is not parked correctly.

I can't tell from the video but at least it's clear that the handicap spot is well-marked and is at the foot of a wheelchair access ramp.  I think it's pretty well established that Drejka was obsessive to the point of being a jerk about handicap parking spaces.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

What reason? 

How is it Drejka's responsibility to police parking spaces armed and verbally abuse a woman over it? 

Drejka had no right to verbally abuse his partner. Any man who is actually a man would defend his partner in that situation. 

He was murdered in front of his family, that's pretty callous of you there to make light of this. His 5 year old watched him die, is that an appropriate punishment for defending his girl when some wierdo approached her in public and started verbally abusing her? 

Well, if you witness a crime you're supposed to report it. If parking in a handicap space is illegal he had the right to warn them. Anyway, it appears to be his thing.

Anyway, it's taking it a lot further to attack him by shoving him to the ground. There was no reason to push an older man to the ground, instead of returning verbal insults and leaving. McGlockton could have even called the cops on Drejka if he weren't breaking the law by parking there himself. Especially from a hardened criminal like McGlockton. Even though the circumstances are sad, that about exactly 7 years of being clean he gets shot. If he had no more arrests after 2011, that is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, and then said:

I can't tell from the video but at least it's clear that the handicap spot is well-marked and is at the foot of a wheelchair access ramp.  I think it's pretty well established that Drejka was obsessive to the point of being a jerk about handicap parking spaces.  

I think it was marked only by the colour of the wheel stop. I think there's some opinion that it wasn't as clearly marked as it could have been. Maybe that's why Drejka undertook his mission. 

The aerial view in the ABC coverage shows Drejka was not parked in a designated space himself. If the parking lot is private property he was at just as much risk of being towed as Jacobs. How that would be practiced at a convenience store is anyone's guess.

I get the feeling that he's a malcontent with a twist of hypocrisy. In guessing he 'serves the community' primarily to seek personal validation - the same motivation as those described as the pejorative SJW.

Edited by Golden Duck
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

It was his violent act that got himself killed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Opus Magnus said:

Well, if you witness a crime you're supposed to report it.

Drejka didn't report it, he played traffic cop and killed the man who sat him on his butt and put him in his rightful place. 

Had he reported it, he would have been doing the right thing. He didn't. He is a measly spineless gutless low life. 

If parking in a handicap space is illegal he had the right to warn them.

As a citizen he had right to comment, not stand so close to Jacobs car that age could not get out, not to yell profanities at her in front of children. He everything a man isn't. 

Anyway, it appears to be his thing.

That just makes it worse. He is a danger to society. 

Anyway, it's taking it a lot further to attack him by shoving him to the ground. There was no reason to push an older man to the ground,

I disagree, he verbally assaulted his partner and started the altercation he had no business starting. 

And where do you people keep pulling this 'old'  BS from?

instead of returning verbal insults and leaving. McGlockton could have even called the cops on Drejka if he weren't breaking the law by parking there himself.

Any man would defend his family, and that's why US  claim they need guns, to defend the family at home, why do you feel that right is refused to McGlockton in a public place, when that's WHAT SYG  is supposed to support. Should McGlockton have just shot Drejka dead as he believed Drejka was a threat to his family? 

Especially from a hardened criminal like McGlockton.

I don't think a fight with his girlfriend and some party drugs makes him a hardened  criminal, it makes him a normal person really. Drejka on the other hand has driven along pointing a gun out the window at other drivers, you find that more appropriate behavior? 

Even though the circumstances are sad, that about exactly 7 years of being clean he gets shot. If he had no more arrests after 2011, that is.

I find your views of the case bewildering. Would I be correct in guessing your a gun advocate? 

3 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Drejka didn't report it, he played traffic cop and killed the man who sat him on his butt and put him in his rightful place. 

Had he reported it, he would have been doing the right thing. He didn't. He is a measly spineless gutless low life. 

As a citizen he had right to comment, not stand so close to Jacobs car that age could not get out, not to yell profanities at her in front of children. He everything a man isn't. 

That just makes it worse. He is a danger to society. 

I disagree, he verbally assaulted his partner and started the altercation he had no business starting. 

And where do you people keep pulling this 'old'  BS from?

Any man would defend his family, and that's why US  claim they need guns, to defend the family at home, why do you feel that right is refused to McGlockton in a public place, when that's WHAT SYG  is supposed to support. Should McGlockton have just shot Drejka dead as he believed Drejka was a threat to his family? 

I don't think a fight with his girlfriend and some party drugs makes him a hardened  criminal, it makes him a normal person really. Drejka on the other hand has driven along pointing a gun out the window at other drivers, you find that more appropriate behavior? 

I find your views of the case bewildering. Would I be correct in guessing your a gun advocate? 

That's more than a fight with his gf and some party drugs. He has 6 or 7 felonies, kept repeating it after he got out of the last one. As you can see on his record he has driven under a suspended license in an unregistered vehicle before as well.

I do find it disturbing he would just come up and knock an elder to the ground instead of verbally communicating his point. More violent actions from a man with a violent history. 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Myles said:

It was his violent act that got himself killed.

Defending his family, the reason why most American people tell me they own a weapon. It's OK to shoot someone defending your family, but not push them over now?? 

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Opus Magnus said:

That's more than a fight with his gf and some party drugs.

Which ones particularly? 

He has 6 or 7 felonies, kept repeating it after he got out of the last one.

You said he hadn't got into trouble for 7 years just before? 

Even though the circumstances are sad, that about exactly 7 years of being clean

As you can see on his record he has driven under a suspended license in an unregistered vehicle before as well.

Do you feel that is also punishable by death? 

I do find it disturbing he would just come up and knock an elder to the ground instead of verbally communicating his point.

Again with the old. Do you have a reading impairment or something? 

More violent actions from a man with a violent history. 

Drejka's history doesn't matter why here? 

2 hours ago, lost_shaman said:

Here are a few of his arrest records, although this isn't his entire rap sheet.

6/25/2008 AGGRAVATED BATTERY DOMESTIC, 784.045(1)(B)/F
6/25/2008 RESISTING ARREST WITH VIOLENCE, 843.01/F
6/25/2008 DISORDERLY CONDUCT, 877.03/M
5/05/2009 SALE OF COUNTERFEIT DRUGS, 893.13(1)(A)(1)/F
9/10/2010 POSSESSION OF COCAINE, 893.13(6)(A)/F
9/25/2010 POSSESSION OF CONTROLLED SUBS COCAINE, 893.13(6)
9/25/2010 POSSESSION OF COCAINE, 893.13(6)(A)/F
9/25/2010 SALE OR DELIVERY OF COCAINE, 893.13(1)(A)(1)/F
9/25/2010 POSSESSION OF MARIJUANA, 893.13(6)(B)/M
9/21/2011 PETIT THEFT, 812.014(3)(A)/M
9/21/2011 DRIVING UNREGISTER VEHICLE *NCTC, 320.02(1)/M
9/21/2011 DWLSR *NCTC 1, 322.34(2)(A)/M

Why do you say Drejka's past history is irrelevant and then post McGlockton's? 

Why is McGlockton's history relevant, but Drejka's not? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Which ones particularly? 

You said he hadn't got into trouble for 7 years just before? 

Even though the circumstances are sad, that about exactly 7 years of being clean

Do you feel that is also punishable by death? 

Again with the old. Do you have a reading impairment or something? 

Drejka's history doesn't matter why here? 

I don't know what Drejka's record is, but if you look up at the post above with McGlockton's record he has 7 felonies on it. I'm not sure if he was clean for 7 years, I'm just wondering because he didn't put anymore on there after 2011 but said there were more on his rap sheet. He lived a violent life, and it ends in violence while he assaults his elders. He had no right to knock Drejka down while he's stealing handicapped parking spaces. Drejka was about twice his age, telling them they can't do that like bitter old people do. All McGlockton had to do was yell back and drive away cussing, instead he immediately resorts to violence that he has done his whole life. Well, this time the joke is on him because Drejka is walking away.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Why do you say Drejka's past history is irrelevant and then post McGlockton's? 

Why is McGlockton's history relevant, but Drejka's not? 

Honestly just by the SYG law...this one will be hard to overturn.

My personal opinion,i think all were in the wrong and none should have died over it...ignorance all around.

I hate starting a sentence with BUT <_<,ones criminal history does bear weight on circumstances...if what LS posted if true,puts McGlockton in a rock and a hard spot...

6-7 felonies class (A) over 3 year span will not help ones case...

Yes several of those look to have come from the same initial arrest,but how in the living hell he came up with the money for legal defense to get outta prison for all those class A felonies in a 3 year span is ASTOUNDING in and of itself!!!

I'm not here too argue either side,shouldn't have ever started or ended this way...

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Opus Magnus said:

I don't know what Drejka's record is, but if you look up at the post above with McGlockton's record he has 7 felonies on it.

Its on this thread, and I've made several references. Drejka was a know nuisance in the shop and has pulled a gun on people before. He's a wierdo. Why are you focusing on McGlockton and not Drejka? 

I'm not sure if he was clean for 7 years, I'm just wondering because he didn't put anymore on there after 2011 but said there were more on his rap sheet. He lived a violent life, and it ends in violence

Party drugs and partner disputes are not uncommon and hardly make him a hardened criminal, Drejka's past is definitely showing an unstable freak with little control of himself and used weapons as a show of authority he didn't have. Drejka has down himself to be much more of a danger to the community. 

while he assaults his elders.

Again with the old people. I think you look ridiculous playing this defeated BS angle. Drejka was not old. 

He had no right to knock Drejka down while he's stealing handicapped parking spaces.

He was in the shop with the car door open, he was without doubt stopping very briefly. And honestly, if you think a shove that sits a person on their butt after they had just been yelling profanities at your partner, you are a dead set wussy wimp. 

Drejka was about twice his age, telling them they can't do that like bitter old people do.

Seriously ill refrain to 'stuff you: on the 'old' BS. You're really stretching that garbage now. 

No, not like old people do. Drejka had a history of strapping on guns and looking for people to garrass. He brought the fight with him. 

All McGlockton had to do was yell back and drive away cussing, instead he immediately resorts to violence that he has done his whole life.

He put him in his place and pushed him on his butt. All Drejka had to do was act like a human being and realise he had well overreacted. 

Well, this time the joke is on him

Life is no joke, what a disgusting thing to say. You ought to be ashamed of yourself. 

because Drejka is walking away.

We will see, the case is referred on. I honestly hope that justice is served here eventually and that Drejka gets the full punishment for murder in that state. SYG is a mockery of human rights and a license to kill. 

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 1

• The topic was locked