Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Florida's Stand your ground to be tested

and-then

13 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

Honestly just by the SYG law...this one will be hard to overturn.

Some lawyers getting involved feel there's sufficient evidence to show that McGlockton was in retreat when murdered and will be concentrating on that, and I feel its a very valid point. I honestly don't believe the video shows that Drejka's life was in danger at any time. 

My personal opinion,i think all were in the wrong and none should have died over it...ignorance all around.

Clearly, I find the sole fault to be that of Drejka's. 

I hate starting a sentence with BUT <_<,ones criminal history does bear weight on circumstances...if what LS posted if true,puts McGlockton in a rock and a hard spot...

6-7 felonies class (A) over 3 year span will not help ones case...

But what about Drejka's history? 

It clearly indicates that he is a danger to society, if his priors can't be admitted I honestly don't see why McGlockton's would. And quite honestly, as far as a danger to society goes, I think Drejka wins that round. 

Yes several of those look to have come from the same initial arrest,but how in the living hell he came up with the money for legal defense to get outta prison for all those class A felonies in a 3 year span is ASTOUNDING in and of itself!!!

Is it possible the charges were Mitigated and not as damming as they appear on the surface? 

I'm not here too argue either side,shouldn't have ever started or ended this way...

I just don't see justification for Drejka's actions at all. 

And I just find it ridiculous that some posters are describing him as if he was geriatric. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Some lawyers getting involved feel there's sufficient evidence to show that McGlockton was in retreat when murdered and will be concentrating on that, and I feel its a very valid point. I honestly don't believe the video shows that Drejka's life was in danger at any time. 

Clearly, I find the sole fault to be that of Drejka's. 

But what about Drejka's history? 

It clearly indicates that he is a danger to society, if his priors can't be admitted I honestly don't see why McGlockton's would. And quite honestly, as far as a danger to society goes, I think Drejka wins that round. 

Is it possible the charges were Mitigated and not as damming as they appear on the surface? 

I just don't see justification for Drejka's actions at all. 

And I just find it ridiculous that some posters are describing him as if he was geriatric. 

I'm not here to argue with ya man...i just know how our laws are written and that's it!

Law means law,and if I break one or am on the bad "look" of any of them,i'd be in trouble...

I'm not see'ing or looking at this from outside bud,i'm just going by how laws are written and to be carried out...

Believe me,i'm one of the biggest proponents of "legal reform" country wide you would ever meet in many areas...

Here we go again <_< BUT i'm not...

We have so many insane gd laws it is unbelievable!...yet just because they are outdated,doesn't mean a DA can't press it just to prove a case!

Our "if you can't afford legal representation,one will be appointed for you" is a complete crock of s***...the Public Defenders half the time are working for the DA,and really are only there to work out your plea deals...not to actually defend you,or keep you outta the prison for profit system!

It's just laws of our land man meh

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

Honestly just by the SYG law...this one will be hard to overturn.

My personal opinion,i think all were in the wrong and none should have died over it...ignorance all around.

I hate starting a sentence with BUT <_<,ones criminal history does bear weight on circumstances...if what LS posted if true,puts McGlockton in a rock and a hard spot...

6-7 felonies class (A) over 3 year span will not help ones case...

Yes several of those look to have come from the same initial arrest,but how in the living hell he came up with the money for legal defense to get outta prison for all those class A felonies in a 3 year span is ASTOUNDING in and of itself!!!

I'm not here too argue either side,shouldn't have ever started or ended this way...

How will McGlockton's past have a bearing on potential proceedings brought against Drejka? Drejka could not possibly have known his past.

If it's reasonable that Drejka that couldn't see McGlockton moving away from him, or it's reasonable that Drejka thinks a man moving away from him is a threat to his life, well Drejka gets away with killing a man.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

I'm not here to argue with ya man...i just know how our laws are written and that's it!

Law means law,and if I break one or am on the bad "look" of any of them,i'd be in trouble...

I'm not see'ing or looking at this from outside bud,i'm just going by how laws are written and to be carried out...

Believe me,i'm one of the biggest proponents of "legal reform" country wide you would ever meet in many areas...

Here we go again <_< BUT i'm not...

We have so many insane gd laws it is unbelievable!...yet just because they are outdated,doesn't mean a DA can't press it just to prove a case!

Our "if you can't afford legal representation,one will be appointed for you" is a complete crock of s***...the Public Defenders half the time are working for the DA,and really are only there to work out your plea deals...not to actually defend you,or keep you outta the prison for profit system!

It's just laws of our land man meh

Same mate, I'm just saying what I see. That McGlockton was in retreat I feels offers a real case against Drejka and these guys seem to think so to

Lawmakers Demand Arrest in McGlockton "Stand Your Ground" Killing

Many are calling to challenge this law, I wish them all the best. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Same mate, I'm just saying what I see. That McGlockton was in retreat I feels offers a real case against Drejka and these guys seem to think so to

Lawmakers Demand Arrest in McGlockton "Stand Your Ground" Killing

Many are calling to challenge this law, I wish them all the best. 

I hear ya man...we've had these discussions in the past,and that's why i've explained....you can't win for losing and vice versa...

I've watched that tape about 5 times now...but by SYG florida law,and no proof of anything/what was said in those few seconds between push and shoot...makes a difference.

By florida law verbal disagreement doesn't allow for physical altercation,if said altercation happens...i dunno

Was anything said in that short moment in time after shove like "b**** i'll kill you"...which tends to happen when some random guy starts talking s*** to your wife/gf even if you don't actually mean to realistically do it...

Some nosey 'ol busy body starts running his mouth,you come running out and give him a good 'ol shove on his ass....No excuse for murder,but honestly by law shoving his ass for a punk roll isn't either...What did the aggressor say after shoving?...he's not here to say,makes all the difference in the world by law!

Anyone got any cam footage with sound?...just curious...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

How will McGlockton's past have a bearing on potential proceedings brought against Drejka? Drejka could not possibly have known his past.

Sorry man,wasn't talking about Drejka's judgement...

Talking the American legal system...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

Sorry man,wasn't talking about Drejka's judgement...

Talking the American legal system...

All good... but, you're not saying McGlockton's will have a bearing on Drejka's defence,  are you?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

All good... but, you're not saying McGlockton's will have a bearing on Drejka's defence,  are you?

Honestly it shouldn't,but i'd never say it wouldn't...

Honestly every case should be based on its own merit and circumstances...in todays world,trying to pick an unbiased,know nothing about a case is damn near impossible!

That said,some changes need/will have to be made to make sure of no bias...somehow :wacko:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, psyche101 said:

Jacobs said he yelled 'move your f'kn car'. Witnesses corroborated he was yelling. No reason to doubt it. 

I haven't read that, you got a link?

I don't see that's proven, the stills Golden Duck provided indicate otherwise. 

Not all parking spaces are always marked. But handicapped spaces always are. 

Where are you going with the claim that Drejka's head was 'eating the pavement'? I've not seen you back that claim yet. And how do explain why there's no bumpstop illustrating a legal parking position in front of Drejka's car? 

Those are used in front of the store to help people not drive into the the store. They are not going to be placed on the side of the store where Drejka parked. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, psyche101 said:

Why do you say Drejka's past history is irrelevant and then post McGlockton's? 

Why is McGlockton's history relevant, but Drejka's not? 

Doubtful it has anything to do with a passionate love for the law. 

4 hours ago, Golden Duck said:
5 hours ago, lost_shaman said:

Nothing there would apply to Drejka or how he parked in that parking lot. 

Why?

You can read? It's talking about parking at the Park and the public beaches.

7 hours ago, psyche101 said:

Drejka had a habit of harassing people parked in the wrong spot. It would seem that this impotent wierdo liked to play cop to see what it feels like to be a man.

Only one person has said he said something to him about his illegally parking there. Hardly a habit. Also Drejka's Mother is handicapped so that's almost certainly the reason he feels strongly about able bodied people illegally parking in the handicapped space. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, lost_shaman said:

You can read? It's talking about parking at the Park and the public beaches.

Cool story.  Drejka is not in a designated parking spot, or have you found those non-existent lines and are willing to show what you say you can see?

3 hours ago, psyche101 said:

Why do you say Drejka's past history is irrelevant and then post McGlockton's? 

Why is McGlockton's history relevant, but Drejka's not? 

Drejka may have gotten a couple of tickets in the past, but he's not a Felon. He clearly is able to legally own a handgun, and clearly passed the much more invasive background check that is required for a Concealed Carry Permit. 

On the otherhand McGlockton is a violent Felon! Major difference, that's why it's relevant. 

• Like 1

Cool story.  Drejka is not in a designated parking spot, or have you found those non-existent lines and are willing to show what you say you can see?

Look at the painted line in front of Drejka's vehicle. 

7 minutes ago, lost_shaman said:

Look at the painted line in front of Drejka's vehicle. 

He's not parked between lines. You said previously you can see he was parked alongside a line, did you forget?

Drejka's not in a designated car space. Your boy's got feet of clay.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

He's not parked between lines. You said previously you can see he was parked alongside a line, did you forget?

There is a line on his drivers side and one in front of his vehicle. 

1 minute ago, lost_shaman said:

There is a line on his drivers side and one in front of his vehicle. 

Yeah right. Show it. Is it on the video where you can see Drejka's head hit the ground.

Take a look at the aerial view in the ABC coverage.

Edited by Golden Duck

Show it.

Stand Your Ground: Who is Michael Drejka?

I assume you are not blind?

Edited by lost_shaman

3 hours ago, Opus Magnus said:

That's more than a fight with his gf and some party drugs. He has 6 or 7 felonies, kept repeating it after he got out of the last one. As you can see on his record he has driven under a suspended license in an unregistered vehicle before as well.

I do find it disturbing he would just come up and knock an elder to the ground instead of verbally communicating his point. More violent actions from a man with a violent history. 

I watched that video many times.  He was NEVER close enough to her car to have reached in and touched her or to block her from getting out.  I'm not sure why people insist on actually lying about something that is plain to see.  Drejka acted like a jerk.  McGlockton acted like a thug.  He died a thug's death.  Drejka should feel guilty about being the instigator of the useless conflict but he acted appropriately AFTER he was physically assaulted.  End of story.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, lost_shaman said:

Stand Your Ground: Who is Michael Drejka?

I assume you are not blind?

Good assumption. What is a reasonable assumption about your comprehension of the words "alongside" and "between".

Here's the aerial still from the ABC coverage you keep ignoring.

It shows Drejka's car is not in a designated car spot. It shows your boy didn't park properly and then goes and starts a conflict about someone not parking properly. There's a word for that. It begins with the same letter as the word for seeing something that isn't there.

Resized_Screenshot_20180801-162317_YouTube_1643.jpeg

• Like 1

Golden duck, where I live that is not an illegal park. I assume it isn't illegal in Florida either. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Golden Duck said:

Good assumption. What is a reasonable assumption about your comprehension of the words "alongside" and "between".

Here's the aerial still from the ABC coverage you keep ignoring.

It shows Drejka's car is not in a designated car spot. It shows your boy didn't park properly and then goes and starts a conflict about someone not parking properly. There's a word for that. It begins with the same letter as the word for seeing something that isn't there.

Resized_Screenshot_20180801-162317_YouTube_1643.jpeg

I think we're knit-picking, now.  MANY such stores in the U.S., especially in lower income areas don't keep their parking spaces up with properly painted lines.  That is an expense that marginal businesses just avoid.  From the aerial shot, you can see the oil stains in front of where Dejka's vehicle is parked.  Those stains act almost like the lines to indicate where people have been parking.  The difference is that the owner is breaking the law if a handicap space isn't marked and given sufficient space for a disabled person in a chair to exit and go up a ramp of some kind into the business.  

27 minutes ago, lost_shaman said:

Golden duck, where I live that is not an illegal park. I assume it isn't illegal in Florida either. 

Where are the lines you said you can see?

I guess the owner of the property could have the vehicle towed. 

Edited by Golden Duck

11 minutes ago, and then said:

I think we're knit-picking, now.  MANY such stores in the U.S., especially in lower income areas don't keep their parking spaces up with properly painted lines.  That is an expense that marginal businesses just avoid.  From the aerial shot, you can see the oil stains in front of where Dejka's vehicle is parked.  Those stains act almost like the lines to indicate where people have been parking.  The difference is that the owner is breaking the law if a handicap space isn't marked and given sufficient space for a disabled person in a chair to exit and go up a ramp of some kind into the business.  

There are no wheel stops.  It's apparent the colour of the wheel stops indicate the type of space for this property. There's no evidence that lines were ever there. All lines would fade at the same rate.

The stains are raised earlier. The stains next to Drejka's car a the lightest in the lot. There are slightly darker stains I'm the handicapped space are slightly darker.  That indicates the frequency of use; and, also indicates most users don't perceive that area as a legitimate space.

Drejka's hypocrisy raises the apprehension that he was seeking conflict.

• Like 2

• The topic was locked