Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Florida's Stand your ground to be tested

and-then

45 minutes ago, and then said:

The law is about the personal perception of life-threatening danger.  Making that call from an armchair where no adrenalin is flowing isn't possible.  You want to remove the jeopardy?  Don't lay hands on a stranger - problem solved.

Don't lay hands on a stranger  but do arm yourself and pick on women with children in empty carparks so if a male turns up to defend them you can murder them?

What gave that murderer the right to police the car park and verbally assault women and children in the first place? 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Don't lay hands on a stranger  but do arm yourself and pick on women with children in empty carparks so if a male turns up to defend them you can murder them?

What gave that murderer the right to police the car park and verbally assault women and children in the first place? 

You don't know what was said psyche. She should not have parked there so she opened herself up to having someone say something. Plain and simple. 

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Americans own guns to prepare themselves and their children to deal with the fact that guns need to be used sometimes. It's a mindset that a lot of people in other countries ignore. 

No we don't ignore, we overcame that barbaric system and made our countries better places. 

Ignore until they need American men and women to come to their country and possibly die while protecting them because they refuse to protect themselves with guns.

We have our own forces, most countries do, we came to help you in the ME don't kid yourself. 

And I'm really tired of foreigners telling us what to do with our guns.

Not telling you what to do, telling you how your gun love is barbaric and how you look to the civilised world letting innocent people die for a want. 

Will the idea of you with a gun is truly horrifying. I'm glad I'm not your neighbour. 

This just blows my mind. First of all R.I.P. Markeis McGlockton and my condolences to his family.
Clearly both overreacted. If you watch the video, after the shove, when Michael Drejka draws his gun, you can clearly see McGlockton backing away.
At this point there is no threat anymore in my opinion and Drejka shoots because he is p***ed off that he got shoved and not because he is afraid of his life.
Shooting was not necessary in my opinion. Brandishing the gun would have been enough.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, lost_shaman said:

You don't know what was said psyche. She should not have parked there so she opened herself up to having someone say something. Plain and simple. 

Its in no way acceptable for some loon to arm himself and play security guard. He should be charged with premeditated murder having entered a car park armed with the intent to accost women and children. A disabled person in a car has the right to speak up, not some random gun nut. It's not up to him. On top of murder he should be charged for harassing the woman to begin with. He should never come out of jail. 

He bacane judge jury and executioner on what could only be considered assault. He should pay dearly for his actions. 

• Like 1

Honestly from the video,this was not stand your ground...that said the video has no sound and ANYTHING could have been said in the very moment before the gun was pulled...either way once it was pulled the other guy started backing away.

This one will be hard to defend/prove "fear of life"

I've seen it brought up already "what if the white guy shot another white guy"...we could also ask if this would have made a NATIONAL bleep on the radar if another black guy had shot and killed the guy :huh:...i'd bet a hundred dollar bill to everyone elses nickels we wouldn't even be talking about this right now!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Its in no way acceptable for some loon to arm himself

Your right. But here in this instance he had a legal firearm, which requires a background check and a concealed carry permit, which requires even more extensive background checks. So he wasn't just some "loon" as you are suggesting.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, lost_shaman said:

Your right. But here in this instance he had a legal firearm, which requires a background check and a concealed carry permit, which requires even more extensive background checks. So he wasn't just some "loon" as you are suggesting.

Yes he was here is a list of 19 murderers that passed background checks showing sanity is not properly considered. 

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/10/03/us/how-mass-shooters-got-their-guns.html

To arm oneself with the sole purpose of harassing women and children in a near empty car park does not indicate a stable person. I really hope he gets the maximum for murder. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Yes he was here is a list of 19 murderers that passed background checks showing sanity is not properly considered. 

So 19 people out of roughly 80 - 85 million legal gun owners. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, freetoroam said:

He should be charged with murder...i have no doubts on that one.

There is no excuse for people parking in a disabled spot when they should not be. Here supermarkets have disabled spots and mother and child spots. 

It is pure laziness and disrespectful for people to ignore road signs and not a good example infront of the children if they are in the car.

I am certainly no scumbag or a bully if i see someone parking somewhere they should not be and remind them. There is a way of telling someone without it being bullying.  I certainly would not stand and take a picture of someones car while they are sitting in it (as she was)....that is asking for trouble. Best remind them they are the wrong spot and see what they say, i have only done this a couple of times and each time they have apologised and moved. We have security at the marina where i am living  but a polite reminder normally does the trick. 

We have a boaters only car park and if someone pulls in there without a badge, the boaters tell them to move, politely, we do not go running to security. ....all move. Security do not care, they have a very big area to manage and the boaters car park is not a priority to them. We can deal with it as people do move when told to....they do not start an argument and know here they can not park where ever they like. 

We have every right to tell them to move, we pay for the boaters parking area. 

In this case, if the father needed a puffer for his child he should have gone to the pharmacy.

The spot is for someone with a badge....what if all the disabled places are taking up by people going in to buy snacks (as was this case)  and a disabled person came along, where do they park.?

Do not get me wrong, i do not wait or watch out for bad parkers like Drejka seems to have done.

People who insist on ignoring the road and parking signs have no right being on the road. 

Saying all that, this all got way out if hand, the shop owner knew Drejka as he had called the police on him before, but he was allowed back and was doing it again???

a customer had gone into the shop and told them he was harassing someone that day,.....apparently... or maybe they had gone in to report someone was parked in a disabled bay?

The mother got out of her car, with the children in the car and as we know, this lunatic had a gun. 

The father should have just come back and driven off.

We do not know if Drejka had told her politely and she told him to get lost. Either way, she should not have parked there. Either way....he should never had shot the father who should never have pushed him to the ground. 

If you park in the doing spot you get a fine and it isn't recorded on your criminal record. You become a voluntary tax payer not a criminal. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lost_shaman said:

So 19 people out of roughly 80 - 85 million legal gun owners. 

Who passed background checks to prove they didn't have mental issues when they applied. The issue was that wasn't it? 

I count 288 deaths directly attributed to those 19 people, plus wounded and disabled. 

That's a sample, what's the actual percentage  and how does 288 deaths for 19 people pan out statistically? 

Gun culture breeds complacency with deadly weapons and innocent people die. Its barbaric. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Will Due said:

Americans own guns to prepare themselves and their children to deal with the fact that guns need to be used sometimes. It's a mindset that a lot of people in other countries ignore.

Ignore until they need American men and women to come to their country and possibly die while protecting them because they refuse to protect themselves with guns.

And I'm really tired of foreigners telling us what to do with our guns.

Like the Owen gun or Metal Storm

5 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

That's a sample, what's the actual percentage  and how does 288 deaths for 19 people pan out statistically? 

The number of death's by illegal guns, i.e. gangs, etc. Far exceed these numbers. These tend to be concentrated in areas where gun control is the highest. e.g. Chicago, D.C., etc. 

4 minutes ago, lost_shaman said:

The number of death's by illegal guns, i.e. gangs, etc. Far exceed these numbers.

I don't understand why that requires easy access to deadly weapons. The opposite should apply to restrict their access as well. It still has nothing to do with this shooter being unstable yet being able to legally access a deadly weapon. It only shows how out of control gun culture is. 

These tend to be concentrated in areas where gun control is the highest. e.g. Chicago, D.C., etc. 

Because surrounding state do not comply. When it's a 2 hour drive to get a gun, restrictions are meaningless. In places like Australia where gun control is nationwide, mass shooting have been stopped. That strikes me as a more convincing example as it shows what happens when the entire country voluntarily complies and there's no simple solution to criminals like simply crossing a border. 

This guy was in Florida and is clearly abusing a loophole to get away with murder. This is just another example of US gun laws failing. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

this shooter being unstable

But he is not. You are just making that up out of thin air!

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, lost_shaman said:

If you have a history of harassing people over parking spots odds are you aren't exactly stable 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I would consider any person who arms themselves to harass women and children in a near empty car park unstable. That's not what normal people do. 

His actions are those of one who is not right in the head. 

If he is found to not be unstable then he should be charged with premeditated murder and receive the death sentence for entering the carpark armed with intent to cause altercation ending in death. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

If you have a history of harassing people over parking spots odds are you aren't exactly stable 

Maybe that's his pet peeve. That doesn't make him unstable!

1 minute ago, lost_shaman said:

Yes it does. It makes him the crazy dude who yells at people over parking spots. Normal healthy folks dont act like that. 

• Thanks 1

arms themselves to harass women and children in a near empty car park

Again, you don't know what was said! He may have just said, "Miss you shouldn't park there." and then maybe she said "**** you *********! Go **** off!" and then you have a verbal argument on your hands. We don't know what was said. 

• Thanks 2

20 hours ago, and then said:

Speaking your mind doesn't justify the force this guy used.  He was a young hothead and he got smooth laid low for his mouth.  He could have spoken to the old guy and warned him off, asked him what the problem was...anything except laying hands on him.  Not a good idea where I live.  Like the man said - "Life is like a box of chocolates... you never know what you gonna get".  In this case, it was a hot slug in the chest.  

When you post like this, it's really hard to take your claim that you are Christian seriously. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Yes it does. It makes him the crazy dude who yells at people over parking spots. Normal healthy folks dont act like that. 

Your just making things up too. You don't know what was said. 

I honestly feel it does. I honestly think he should have been assessed after the first complaint. 

• Like 1

Your just making things up too. You don't know what was said. 

No but we do know he has done this in the past to the point that the manager had to call the cops on him and we know his behavior was extreme enough this time that another customer thought he should say something about it to the manager. 

Weirdly he didnt say a woman was harassing a man, no he reported a man was harassing a woman. 

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I honestly feel it does. I honestly think he should have been assessed after the first complaint. 

In the U.S. people don't get "assessed" for telling someone else not to break the rules. Sorry if that bothers you.

• Thanks 1

• The topic was locked