Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Majority of US Welcome Putin to White House

OverSword

US media coverage suggests hostility toward diplomatic engagement with Russia as a matter of course. A new HarrisX poll, however, suggests that this is not the view of the majority of the American public, with 54% approving of President Trump inviting Russian President Vladimir Putin to the White House for a second summit.

Source

So what is it with the press these days?  They don't report the news, instead they instruct us how to think and feel. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Oh yeah...polls are correct when they say what you want to believe. 

All the rest of the time, they're bs. 

Lol.

I do not welcome Putin to the White House, and I don't know anyone besides Trump who seems to do so. 

Not to mention that the antimedia is another conspiracy site, and this probably isn't even a real story.

Edited by ChaosRose
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Just now, ChaosRose said:

Lol.

I do not welcome Putin to the White House, and I don't know anyone besides Trump who seems to do so. 

I have a feeling that if you return to this thread later you won't be able to say that.  I don't see how having US/Russia summits could possibly be viewed as a bad thing.  Oh, that is unless...Trump...Because Trump bad and we would rather America fail than Trump succeed.  Seriously I don't get people these days.  I disliked Bush and Obama every inch as much as I dislike trump, yet never once did I hope they would do a bad job or the wrong thing, even though they mostly did just that.

• Like 4

Just now, OverSword said:

I have a feeling that if you return to this thread later you won't be able to say that.  I don't see how having US/Russia summits could possibly be viewed as a bad thing.  Oh, that is unless...Trump...Because Trump bad and we would rather America fail than Trump succeed.  Seriously I don't get people these days.  I disliked Bush and Obama every inch as much as I dislike trump, yet never once did I hope they would do a bad job or the wrong thing, even though they mostly did just that.

Oh I'm sure there will be lots of people claiming to be Americans who will disagree with me.

Do you have any real source for this "info?"

• Like 2

Lol.

lol, that is a great argument, well i do, for once, and I'm sure you'll see others do so as well

8 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

Oh I'm sure there will be lots of people claiming to be Americans who will disagree with me.

Do you have any real source for this "info?"

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-putin-summit-washington-white-house-poll-americans-support-a8462336.html

7 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

Here's a poll that most Americans disagree with what Trump did at the Summit.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/07/polls-most-voters-disapproved-of-trumps-putin-summit.html

Really?  Click your link and the headline is

Polls: GOP Voters Think Trump’s Putin Summit Went Great

• Like 1

I'm sure I can find Trump saying don't listen to polls, too.

And saying believe them.

LOL

• Haha 2

I'm sure I can find Trump saying don't listen to polls, too.

And saying believe them.

LOL

No doubt :)

5 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Maybe we should start a poll.

Yep...and then every Russian in the world can comment that yes Americans approve.

That would be helpful. 

LOL

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

Lol.

Not to mention that the antimedia is another conspiracy site, and this probably isn't even a real story.

So you don't believe in any discussion and suggest a total cold war standard with zero communications?  Can you explain why?

12 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

So you don't believe in any discussion and suggest a total cold war standard with zero communications?  Can you explain why?

Trump.

20 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

Yep...and then every Russian in the world can comment that yes Americans approve.

That would be helpful. 

LOL

As far as we know there are perhaps one or two Russians on UM.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

Because it's better than being a traitor.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Because it's better than being a traitor.

In what way is Trump a traitor? 

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

Trump.

This is the same part, the same liberals, that wanted to capitulate to the USSR and railed against Regan for standing up top them and facing them down.  I still remember teh worship teh left had for Gorbachev, it was an embarrassment.  Now they want war because the Russians did what they always do during our elections., try and create divisiveness.  Funny thing is we knew ALL about it and Obama did nothing!. In fact Obama told the cyber-chief to "Stand down." the efforts to thwart the Russian efforts.  http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/06/21/obama-cyber-chief-confirms-stand-down-order-against-russian-cyberattacks.html

Crickets from annoying on that one.  He did it, presumablky, because he knew it was inconsequential and had zero effect and he didn't want Trump saying the Russians swung the election results.  LMAO

Edited by Merc14

I welcome Putin to this country.  Not as some conquering hero, just as a guest.  But I don't know why he would want to come here with the history of our interference in his country because we were spreading Democracy and that made us right.

• Like 1

And here you have it, the latest breaking news:

White House pushes follow-up Trump-Putin meeting to next year
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/white-house-pushes-follow-up-trump-putin-meeting-to-next-year/2018/07/25/a8e1ed4c-9039-11e8-bcd5-9d911c784c38_story.html

The White House on Wednesday pushed to next year President Trump’s planned meeting with Russian President Vladi­mir Putin, a move that comes amid intensifying criticism of Trump’s conflicting statements on Russian interference in U.S. elections.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OverSword said:

Really?  Click your link and the headline is

Polls: GOP Voters Think Trump’s Putin Summit Went Great

Anyone in this forum that thinks the summit went "great", what is the reasoning behind that?  Was it the behind closed doors meeting, or standing in front of the press with his tail between his legs "misspeaking"?  I am genuinely curious to find out the "great" part.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1