Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Majority of US Welcome Putin to White House

OverSword

6 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

And here you have it, the latest breaking news:

White House pushes follow-up Trump-Putin meeting to next year
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/white-house-pushes-follow-up-trump-putin-meeting-to-next-year/2018/07/25/a8e1ed4c-9039-11e8-bcd5-9d911c784c38_story.html

The White House on Wednesday pushed to next year President Trump’s planned meeting with Russian President Vladi­mir Putin, a move that comes amid intensifying criticism of Trump’s conflicting statements on Russian interference in U.S. elections.

And by that time I assume the polls will show that Americans are against Trump inviting Putin to the White House for a summit. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Agent0range said:

Anyone in this forum that thinks the summit went "great", what is the reasoning behind that?  Was it the behind closed doors meeting, or standing in front of the press with his tail between his legs "misspeaking"?  I am genuinely curious to find out the "great" part.

That's not what I said.  I pointed out that her link which was supposed to say Americans disagreed with Trumps actions at the summit, had changed to Polls: GOP Voters Think Trump’s Putin Summit Went Great

2 minutes ago, OverSword said:

That's not what I said.  I pointed out that her link which was supposed to say Americans disagreed with Trumps actions at the summit, had changed to Polls: GOP Voters Think Trump’s Putin Summit Went Great

And I was quoting you for the content that said the majority of GOP Voters think the summit went great.  I saying you said it.  Considering the majority here are GOP Voters, I am curious to know as to what THEY think was great about it.  I mean, Foxnews even called it a big mistake, and when State News is criticizing, it must be bad.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, OverSword said:

And by that time I assume the polls will show that Americans are against Trump inviting Putin to the White House for a summit. 

Since when did polls become so important?

Besides, what's Trump's idea of a summit anyway? A closed door secret meeting with no concrete outcome that can be disclosed to the public? A poorly executed press briefing where he slumps at the podium like a blubbering know-nothing? Or is it just another opportunity to blast the intelligence community and media?

lol this reminds of of that Meme..

that says
"I hate my President , because my TV told me to" lol

people are such sheep :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, LostSouls7 said:

lol this reminds of of that Meme..

that says
"I hate my President , because my TV told me to" lol

people are such sheep :)

Or how about, I hate the media because my president told me to.

You need to put Trump in one of your jars.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

....I do not welcome Putin to the White House, and I don't know anyone besides Trump who seems to do so. ....

Ummm.. are you a citizen of the USA, living IN the USA ? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OverSword said:

Source

So what is it with the press these days?  They don't report the news, instead they instruct us how to think and feel. 

In a democracy the media does not dictate to the public their views and opinions.

People vote for who they want too and will support visits from leaders they want to see. Now Trump has done it hopefully we will see more politicians with a backbone follow suit.

I am waiting for one with the guts to say he/she will scale back immigration to 20,000 a year, execute all prisoners serving sentences of ten years or longer, and yes eradicate terrorism by deporting all those on the watch listen even if they haven't yet starting planning an attack.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OverSword said:

As far as we know there are perhaps one or two Russians on UM.

That is COMPLETE paranoid rubbish. 

Dobroy nochi, comrade OverSword.

Ooops... DAMN..... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The White House has just indicated that the Trump/Putin summit will be postponed until after the "witch hunt" has ended.

I guess that means once Hillary is in handcuffs.  Perhaps not far off!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Sooooooo... the upshot of this thread is that Polls cannot be trusted ? 

Gosh.. whoda thunkit. I mean... they did SO well with the USA presidential election, and Brexit. 

Why haven't we beheaded these witch doctors already ? 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, OverSword said:

I have a feeling that if you return to this thread later you won't be able to say that.  I don't see how having US/Russia summits could possibly be viewed as a bad thing.  Oh, that is unless...Trump...Because Trump bad and we would rather America fail than Trump succeed.  Seriously I don't get people these days.  I disliked Bush and Obama every inch as much as I dislike trump, yet never once did I hope they would do a bad job or the wrong thing, even though they mostly did just that.

I think you are missing the whole story of Russia waging cyber-warfare against the US, hacking into our power grids, electoral systems, political parties, and who knows what else that we just have not been made aware of yet. And you must be missing the fact that Russia also is attacking us using social engineering including actual fake news and fake social media groups to influence US public opinion and divide our society apart.

And you also must not understand that Putin has been systematically carrying out murders across the world of his enemies/political opponents for the past 10+ years.

In general, the United States historically does NOT invite murderous dictators who are actively attacking our country to the white house, and I really strongly recommend that we do NOT start doing that now. THAT is clearly just NOT a good idea by any stretch of the imagination and I do not trust anyone who would claim that this is a good idea.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

Anyone in this forum that thinks the summit went "great", what is the reasoning behind that?  Was it the behind closed doors meeting, or standing in front of the press with his tail between his legs "misspeaking"?  I am genuinely curious to find out the "great" part.

When was he in front of the press with his tail between his legs?  He had a gaff and it was really minor.  Unless you listen to the MSM.  He actually looked a bit bored.  None of us were there in the closed-door meeting, but common sense would say that Trump probably told Putin that whatever has happened in the past between our two countries is history.  Our future relationship begins now.  To show his seriousness, in front of the camera, he refrained from raking Putin over the coals or lay-down the law.  He didn’t try to belittle him and kept Putin’s dignity intact.  Ultimate statesmanship.  Putin has gone on camera stating that he did not interfere with our elections.  Now we wait to see what his next course of action is and what the evidence says.  It was a very good initial meeting.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

When was he in front of the press with his tail between his legs?  He had a gaff and it was really minor.  Unless you listen to the MSM.  He actually looked a bit bored.  None of us were there in the closed-door meeting, but common sense would say that Trump probably told Putin that whatever has happened in the past between our two countries is history.  Our future relationship begins now.  To show his seriousness, in front of the camera, he refrained from raking Putin over the coals or lay-down the law.  He didn’t try to belittle him and kept Putin’s dignity intact.  Ultimate statesmanship.  Putin has gone on camera stating that he did not interfere with our elections.  Now we wait to see what his next course of action is and what the evidence says.  It was a very good initial meeting.

I must have missed when FDR invited Hitler to the white house and ended WW2 through appeasement and keeping Hitlers dignity intact. Or when FDR visited Hitler and never called him out for his meddling in the sovereignty of Poland and just accepted Hitlers statement that he was not actually meddling in other nations affairs. Yeah, if FDR had done that, surely WW2 could have just been avoided altogether.

Yup, so Trump treating Putin this way is just brilliant statecraft, not appeasement. The fact that the Russians have a full transcript of the meeting and the US is left in the dark, that is just an unimportant detail. It doesn't really matter what two world leaders say or agree to in secret. After all, the Hitler/Stalin deal that shocked the world which was done in secret was just not that big of a deal and it didn't matter that they kept that pact secret initially.

Yeah, Putin is just a great guy, Trump meeting with Putin in secret is not a big deal at all, don't worry about it, go watch youtube or play video games and don't worry about it. Nothing to see here. Don't believe what you hear and what you see, only Trump knows the truth.

....now where have I heard all this rhetoric before..oh yeah..... Yeah, you guys who still support this guy- you are something special, aren't you?

Edited by Einsteinium
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

A minor gaff?  He didn't misspeak.  Even if you insert the word WOULD'NT, it still doesn't make sense.  Nothing in the press conference showed that he believed it was Russia.  Don't be a tool.  You don't have to read any news site, just watch the press conference.  But, if you want to believe some misspeaking excuse after a whole day of meeting with his advisors to decide how to handle the situation, you go right ahead.  And stop it with the whole raking Putin over the coals in front of the camera.  That is exactly what he does TO OUR ALLIES.  Like the saying says...there's a sucker born every minute.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Merc14 said:

In what way is Trump a traitor

Well he sided with the man who attacked your Presidential election over your own country. Doesn't get much more traitorous than that.

But I wasn't referring to Trump. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

you mean my evil jar ? lol

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, hacktorp said:

The White House has just indicated that the Trump/Putin summit will be postponed until after the "witch hunt" has ended.

I guess that means once Hillary is in handcuffs.  Perhaps not far off!

She is Pure evil

3 hours ago, Merc14 said:

So you don't believe in any discussion and suggest a total cold war standard with zero communications?  Can you explain why?

Appeasement doesn't work. Make no mistake about it, Putin is a dictator and he is a murderer who is willing to use radiation and chemical poisons to kill opponents of his abroad brazenly. Remember, Putin was once looked upon favorably by the US government. He is the one that chose to do things that soured that relationship. What you are suggesting here, is that we should bring Putin back to the table, despite him not changing a damn thing he is doing with respect to human rights, Crimea, or his political killings. I for one, do not think that Russia should be welcomed back into normal world relations at this point because they have not done anything to resolve the issues that led to them being kicked out of the stage in the first place. The message that sends to other authoritarians is chilling.

I really don't think you have thought this one through Merc.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Agent0range said:

And I was quoting you for the content that said the majority of GOP Voters think the summit went great.  I saying you said it.  Considering the majority here are GOP Voters, I am curious to know as to what THEY think was great about it.  I mean, Foxnews even called it a big mistake, and when State News is criticizing, it must be bad.

Yeah, I don't know I'm not a republican.  But I do find it interesting that at first news agencies ignore how polling indicates the citizens on this subject and then adjust their reporting to make it just GOP voters. The OP doesn't go into party affiliation at all, just states a majority of US citizens approve of the invitation but I don't recall seeing a source for that either. 

From my own view point dialogue with nations that are not our allies, and building common interests and trust between us is just good sense and key to a better future for everyone.  What gets me is that you stick the name Trump in front of it and there are people who would rather hostile relations and frowny faces.  I mean sure, NK is not a sure deal for a denuclearized future but we, and the world are on a better footing with NK than has existed for decades, and yet all we hear from the media is nay saying and minimization on what to me seems like a pretty good and so far successful effort on the part of our current leaders.  I don't get the bitterness.

Since when did polls become so important?

Besides, what's Trump's idea of a summit anyway? A closed door secret meeting with no concrete outcome that can be disclosed to the public? A poorly executed press briefing where he slumps at the podium like a blubbering know-nothing? Or is it just another opportunity to blast the intelligence community and media?

Kittens are jerks. ;)

I've hated the media much, much longer than Trump has been president. 

3 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Kittens are jerks. ;)

Adding a little wink to your ad hominems now huh? How cute.

• Like 1