Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Transcriptional Changes in Cancer Cells....

rashore

Interesting study....

Transcriptional Changes in Cancer Cells Induced by Exposure to a Healing Method

Abstract

Energy healing, or healing with intent, is a complementary and alternative medicine therapy reported to be beneficial with a wide variety of conditions. We are developing a delivery technology for a method previously tested in mouse models with solid tumors (the Bengston method) independent of the presence of a healer. The goal of this study was to assess whether stored or recorded energy has an impact on breast cancer cells in vitro, using energy-charged cotton and electromagnetic recording of healers practicing the method. Expression of genes involved in cancer and inflammation pathways was measured by quantitative reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction (qRT-PCR).

http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/1559325818782843

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

It is nice to see efforts like this being made.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Placebo effect.

I'm not too sure individual cancer cells/cultures have the ability to experience or induce in themselves a placebo effect.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Placebo effect.

Nothing wrong with it if it helps heal and relieve pain. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Piney said:

Nothing wrong with it if it helps heal and relieve pain. 

It's a band-aid, a lie. I don't trust it. To me stuff like this is similar to telling someone that everything'll be fine, then putting a bullet in their head. Then you have all the snake oil people buzzing around it, suckering people in. Next comes to delusional ones who think they can 'energy heal' everything. Fuel for a nest of liars.

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

It's a band-aid, a lie. I don't trust it. To me stuff like this is similar to telling someone that everything'll be fine, then putting a bullet in their head. 

Well, there is both a appropriate time and inappropriate time to use it. You do use it on the terminally or severally ill. Just on the hypochondriacs and the panickers.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I still call this bull.

Of course you do.. Well then, how would an individual cancer cell under lab conditions have the mental capability to induce the placebo effect in itself? I know you have done a lot of research on placebo effect- how does an individual cell that isn't attached to a human host trigger it in itself?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, rashore said:

Of course you do.. Well then, how would an individual cancer cell under lab conditions have the mental capability to induce the placebo effect in itself? I know you have done a lot of research on placebo effect- how does an individual cell that isn't attached to a human host trigger it in itself?

Doesn't matter. You can delete every comment I have made in this thread for all I care. I do not believe this. I have my reasons. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

This has nothing to do with the subject of this thread.

18 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Doesn't matter. You can delete every comment I have made in this thread for all I care. I do not believe this. I have my reasons. 

Why are you behaving like a child? In this particular thread you can't cry 'placebo' because it isn't relevent to the subject. You've been caught out. Why don't you read OPs carefully, have a think about what's actually said and then make a comment?

Magical thinking doesn't cure cancer. My grandfather died of lung cancer, my mother in laws best friend died of ovarian cancer, and my wife has the same thing. I have something actually at stake in this. Do you? If I could've just fix those people, save their lives, maybe my grandpa could've seen his great grandkids, maybe my m-i-l's best friend could've seen her's, and maybe just freaking maybe my wife wouldn't be sick. It's easy to look at something and say "HAH, Xeno's wrong." when you've got nothing to lose.  

Edited by XenoFish

14 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Magical thinking doesn't cure cancer. My grandfather died of lung cancer, my mother in laws best friend died of ovarian cancer, and my wife has the same thing. I have something actually at stake in this. Do you? If I could've just fix those people, save their lives, maybe my grandpa could've seen his great grandkids, maybe my m-i-l's best friend could've seen her's, and maybe just freaking maybe my wife wouldn't be sick. It's easy to look at something and say "HAH, Xeno's wrong." when you've got nothing to lose.  

You're completely missing the point and you're using your emotions as a smokescreen. In this particular instance 'placebo' cannot come into play! We all have friends and relatives who have cancer now or have died from it, you are not special in that respect. "If I could've just fix those people" .... seriously?! It isn't all about you. Just because you spent so long on 'practising magic' with no tangible results doesn't mean that others can't produce something that appears 'magical' because we don't know how it works at the moment. The work mentioned in the OPs link is still in very early stages. 

Edited by ouija ouija
  • Like 1

I have had results from my practices. I just don't talk about them. And if I gave into them as they were. I'd be just another delusional voice on the forum, like so many others. That's the difference between the old me and the person I am now. And yes I am going by my emotions, because someone I have loved since 2nd grade is ill and I CAN'T HELP HER. So I hurt okay, you happy now. Does that make you feel better? I am powerless to take care of a person who has been my best friend since I was a child, a person I could always help, and I can not do that. So when I see stuff like this to me it's a false hope for people who are ill or dying. I wish all of it was real, I wish I could just magick it all way, but I can't, I can't cure my wife of cancer. So do what you're good at, mock me, ridicule me, I expect nothing less from you. 

• Sad 1

This is intriguing. I'll have to read the study in its fullness later.

Naturally I am very skeptical of anything energy healing but I'll Def try to check it out with a open mind. 

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I have had results from my practices. I just don't talk about them. And if I gave into them as they were. I'd be just another delusional voice on the forum, like so many others. That's the difference between the old me and the person I am now. And yes I am going by my emotions, because someone I have loved since 2nd grade is ill and I CAN'T HELP HER. So I hurt okay, you happy now. Does that make you feel better? I am powerless to take care of a person who has been my best friend since I was a child, a person I could always help, and I can not do that. So when I see stuff like this to me it's a false hope for people who are ill or dying. I wish all of it was real, I wish I could just magick it all way, but I can't, I can't cure my wife of cancer. So do what you're good at, mock me, ridicule me, I expect nothing less from you. 

Not mocking, not ridiculing ...... just suggesting you look at UM OPs here with a more rational and open mind. And take a little time before replying; ditch 99% of the emotion.

The article was a challenging read and I'm not sure how much of it I understood (or retained for that matter) but it brought another study to mind. 

I too, like some of the others here, am skeptical, but certainly have no objection to further investigation on this.

The other study I referred to is about how we glow with our own form of bioluminescence.

https://www.sciencealert.com/you-can-t-see-it-but-humans-actually-glow-in-visible-light

It's unrelated, but it made me wonder if there are properties we have that we have yet to identify. If we can glimmer and illuminate light, for example, perhaps we are also capable of emitting something that has the capability to interact human to human in a way that,among other things, can promote healing.

It's a bit of a stretch I know, but I can't think of any other possible explanation behind this kind of healing.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

perhaps we are also capable of emitting something that has the capability to interact human to human in a way that,among other things, can promote healing.

You have no idea how scary an idea like that is to me. Especially with my past.

Edited by XenoFish

21 hours ago, rashore said:

Rashore's direct question to you, Xeno. Do you have an answer for her?

42 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

Rashore's direct question to you, Xeno. Do you have an answer for her?

He did answer my question. It was more of a belief based answer than a research based one.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

You have no idea how scary an idea like that is to me. Especially with my past.

It really shouldn't be a scary concept though. We already have some ability to heal. A gentle voice, a gentle touch, love, laughter. All of those things have medicinal qualities when you think about it. How about determination, optimism and a resolve to get better? Those too can play a role.

Take it a step further. We are so much more than we currently know. Not in a fantastical or supernatural sense, but in a biological/physical one. We're so incredibly complex that medical professionals and scientists are still discovering new things about us. Is it so improbable that we might have the ability to 'communicate' with one another on a molecular level, for example? Or that perhaps any 'energy' we emit might impact another person, even in a tiny minuscule way?

I don't have a medical or scientific background, so I really don't know what I'm talking about. But the point I'm trying to make is that 'healing' may not be outside the realm of possibility. It may be that we are able to have a tiny, rather than a large, life saving impact, but sometimes, minuscule is better than nothing.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, rashore said:

That's not what this article is saying, though. It's saying regarding an alternative therapy that it's "reported" to have an effect. It doesn't say a study showed evidence of a documented effect on cancer cells.

That would truly be something. 

People reporting that they feel better after having this alternative therapy applied to them could be (and since we have no actual evidence to the contrary...probably is) placebo effect...which we all know very well. 

Xeno probably knows more about this subject than most here. Indeed, it's very personal. 

I know a lot of people are hopeful of alternative medicine. That said, there isn't documented evidence showing that it actually works on cancer cells. 

This is an article showing how people are planning to administer an alternative therapy, which they're doing because it's "reported" to have an effect.

Like I said...we all know about placebo effect. 

Edited by ChaosRose
  • Like 1