Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
kborissov

the Serapeum of Saqqara

356 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

kborissov

All,

I published a paper on this subject in the ancient origins. Please have a look when you get a chance. 

https://www.ancient-origins.net/unexplained-phenomena/serapeum-sarcophagi-021992

you can also find the paper on academia.edu

https://www.academia.edu/37092601/The_Serapeum_of_Saqqara._Alternative_theory_for_the_granite_sarcophagus

 

Thanks

 

Konstantin

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Carnoferox
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, kborissov said:

I published a paper on this subject in the ancient origins. Please have a look when you get a chance. 

You published it on a website, not in a peer-reviewed journal; it's an article, not a paper.

Edited by Carnoferox
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
freetoroam
6 minutes ago, kborissov said:

All,

I published a paper on this subject in the ancient origins. Please have a look when you get a chance. 

https://www.ancient-origins.net/unexplained-phenomena/serapeum-sarcophagi-021992

you can also find the paper on academia.edu

https://www.academia.edu/37092601/The_Serapeum_of_Saqqara._Alternative_theory_for_the_granite_sarcophagus

 

Thanks

 

Konstantin

Sorry, why do we have to go to elsewhere to see this.

Please post on here what you want to discuss and part of the article here.

You can not just come onto a site with a title and ask us to click elsewhere to see what it is about.

This is not a place to advertise.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lord Harry
Posted (edited)

The infamous Crown Prince of Crankdom strikes again. Tell us Boris? What exactly are your academic credentials? Why should scholarly minds listen to you?

 

Edited by Lord Harry
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kenemet
2 hours ago, kborissov said:

All,

I published a paper on this subject in the ancient origins. Please have a look when you get a chance. 

https://www.ancient-origins.net/unexplained-phenomena/serapeum-sarcophagi-021992

you can also find the paper on academia.edu

https://www.academia.edu/37092601/The_Serapeum_of_Saqqara._Alternative_theory_for_the_granite_sarcophagus

So what's your basic statement and why do you think the coffins are unexplained?  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Wearer of Hats

I took one for the team and started reading the article - the caskets in the Serpbeum were used via the fermentation of dead bull to produce electricity because of quartz.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Timothy
54 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

I took one for the team and started reading the article - the caskets in the Serpbeum were used via the fermentation of dead bull to produce electricity because of quartz.

Sounds legit. Do I just post my credit card details here?

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lord Harry

What's the matter @kborissov? Are all those episodes of Ancient Aliens playing keep away with your brain? Have nothing to say, huh?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kborissov
3 hours ago, Kenemet said:

So what's your basic statement and why do you think the coffins are unexplained?  

I did not say they unexplained. Sure they are but lots of holes in that theory... see paper on academia for basic statements. 

 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kborissov
1 hour ago, Lord Harry said:

What's the matter @kborissov? Are all those episodes of Ancient Aliens playing keep away with your brain? Have nothing to say, huh?

One thing is to talk to a smart Egyptologist quite different is to talk to a dumb egyptologist. Sorry, could not help!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Carnoferox
Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, kborissov said:

I did not say they unexplained. Sure they are but lots of holes in that theory... see paper on academia for basic statements. 

Again, it's an article and not a paper. Stop pretending.

Edited by Carnoferox
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kenemet
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

I took one for the team and started reading the article - the caskets in the Serpbeum were used via the fermentation of dead bull to produce electricity because of quartz.

<speechless>

This goes right up there with that "glowing light" and geysers.   That smells like a whole lot of ... fermenting bulls.  Yes indeed.

Edited by Kenemet
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lord Harry
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, kborissov said:

One thing is to talk to a smart Egyptologist quite different is to talk to a dumb egyptologist. Sorry, could not help!

 

Yes well, you never responded to this "dumb" Egyptologist's refutation of your assumption about mummies never being discovered in pyramids. So, how about you give that a go?

Edited by Lord Harry
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Swede
7 hours ago, kborissov said:

All,

I published a paper on this subject in the ancient origins. Please have a look when you get a chance. 

https://www.ancient-origins.net/unexplained-phenomena/serapeum-sarcophagi-021992

you can also find the paper on academia.edu

https://www.academia.edu/37092601/The_Serapeum_of_Saqqara._Alternative_theory_for_the_granite_sarcophagus

 

Thanks

 

Konstantin

Absurdity to the nth degree.

.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
John Bastien

Another Cranktology brain warp on full pulse mode.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lord Harry
Posted (edited)

What you have Boris is not a theory but an assumption. And a preposterous one at that. A theory requires evidence which can be analyzed and interpreted. 

Edited by Lord Harry
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lord Harry
Posted (edited)

Archaeologists have excavated the remains of ancient Egyptian breweries. None of them contained granite sarcophagi.

Edited by Lord Harry
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lord Harry
Posted (edited)

Apis Bull batteries, huh? Never heard that one before. LOL!

Edited by Lord Harry
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
John Bastien

This subject should soon be a necro thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kmt_sesh

Well, kborissov, you've done it again. You've bypassed Egyptological research in favor of absolutely wild speculation and assumption. Aside from the obvious mistake that there exists no infrastructure at all for electrical production or storage or usage in dynastic Egypt, you're ignoring the mountains of evidence we have for the Serapeum, what it meant to the Egyptians, and how it was used. To be certain, no legitimate Egyptologist or historian has any doubt that it was used for the interment of Apis bulls.

You're ignoring the plethora of textual material from both Egyptians and Greek about the Apis cult and where the bulls were buried. You're ignoring the many, many stela venerating the Apis bulls and their cult (example and example; note that the second example depicts an Apis reclining on one of the sarcophagi). Look into and study the reverence the great crown prince Khaemwaset paid to the Apis cult and Serapeum in Dynasty 19. Search out the many statues made for the Apis cult, and don't forget the enormous canopic jars placed in the Serapeum for the storage of the bulls' internal organs (example).

There are texts about this cult and its place stretching into the Ptolemaic Period, including details on how and when each succeeding Apis should be chosen.

So to summarize...debunked.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kmt_sesh
14 minutes ago, Lord Harry said:

...Bad mistake. Sorry Sesh. Outside on my deck getting bitten.

Oh, to be sure, I removed it. Rather than swearing at the poor little critters, try some bug spray.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lord Harry
Just now, kmt_sesh said:

Oh, to be sure, I removed it. Rather than swearing at the poor little critters, try some bug spray.

I honestly meant to send that as a private message to John. I would never use profanity on the open forum.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kenemet
22 minutes ago, Lord Harry said:

What you have Boris is not a theory but an assumption. And a preposterous one at that. A theory requires evidence which can be analyzed and interpreted. 

Also, there's a reason why we don't have bacon beer. (true fact:  there's no pork products in "bacon beer" https://bacontoday.com/bacon-beer/ )  But of course, in the World Of Imagination you can throw physical chemistry and biology out the window and have ... flying bacon that collides into quartz crystals and produces electricity that lights up a whole town because bacon is so awesome.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kmt_sesh
52 minutes ago, Kenemet said:

Also, there's a reason why we don't have bacon beer. (true fact:  there's no pork products in "bacon beer" https://bacontoday.com/bacon-beer/ )  But of course, in the World Of Imagination you can throw physical chemistry and biology out the window and have ... flying bacon that collides into quartz crystals and produces electricity that lights up a whole town because bacon is so awesome.

Ba...bacon beer? That's nirvana!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harte
7 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

I took one for the team and started reading the article - the caskets in the Serpbeum were used via the fermentation of dead bull to produce electricity because of quartz.

I have my doubts about the electricity part, but if this story of fermented bulls gets out, there'll be thousands lined up wanting to drink it.

See what I mean?

Harte

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.