Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Eldorado

Facebook loses $120B of market value

33 posts in this topic

Eldorado

Facebook stock suffered the largest one-day loss of any publicly traded company in history when its shares plunged nearly 20 percent Thursday, erasing about $120 billion of the social media giant's market value. Some shareholders are now saying co-founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg is part of the problem.

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/tech/nation-now/2018/07/26/facebook-mark-zuckerberg-net-worth-drops/843178002/

Such a shame.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

The Caspian Hare

The younger generation does not seem to be adopting it. Then there are the privacy concerns, data selling, accusations of bias.

• Like 4

seanjo

I'd bin it if there was an alternative. Alt left ******s.

Sir Wearer of Hats
41 minutes ago, The Caspian Hare said:

The younger generation does not seem to be adopting it. Then there are the privacy concerns, data selling, accusations of bias.

It’s like pop music, each generation has theirs which is perfect but the next generation doesn’t like it and instead adopts it’s own pop music which, to them, is perfect.

• Like 3

LostSouls7

its what they get for spying. and being new world order pieces of garbage!

karma is truly a horny ****..

Facebook is the new myspace.. and its their own fault for being power hungry and greedy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

CrimsonKing

This has probably been my favorite news headline this year,i feel kinda like Michelle Obama did when for the first time in her life she was proud of her country... :rofl:

I remember not too long ago Zuke was one of the Dems biggest future hopefuls for POTUS!...glad that never happened,as stupid as he made our voted in idiots/representatives look when being questioned about his spying and selling info...it's insane to think about what he could have gotten away with as POTUS! :w00t:

I havn't had or used "fakebook" since '10 and have lived a perfectly normal life without it ;)

Hope this is the begining of the end...

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Eldorado
34 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

It’s like pop music, each generation has theirs which is perfect but the next generation doesn’t like it and instead adopts it’s own pop music which, to them, is perfect.

Who wants to be in the same social club as mum and dad and sometimes granny and grandpa!?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Gromdor

I remember when everyone was on AOL.   I still have Facebook.  My original idea for it was on online photo album for the friends and family.  But with the security issues, identity theft, etc. the wife and I stopped posting pictures of us and the kid for the most part.  Seems that most of the people that still post just use it as a platform to argue politics and post amusing videos.  Pretty much the only reason I still have it now is to see the occasional snapshot of what friends from years ago are doing.

I guess my point is that I'm uncertain as to the overall purpose of it anymore and whether or not it can securely provide for that purpose.

• Like 3

LostSouls7
5 hours ago, CrimsonKing said:

This has probably been my favorite news headline this year,i feel kinda like Michelle Obama did when for the first time in her life she was proud of her country... :rofl:

I remember not too long ago Zuke was one of the Dems biggest future hopefuls for POTUS!...glad that never happened,as stupid as he made our voted in idiots/representatives look when being questioned about his spying and selling info...it's insane to think about what he could have gotten away with as POTUS! :w00t:

I havn't had or used "fakebook" since '10 and have lived a perfectly normal life without it ;)

Hope this is the begining of the end...

Trust me it is.. facebook is done

• Like 2

LostSouls7
4 hours ago, Gromdor said:

I remember when everyone was on AOL.   I still have Facebook.  My original idea for it was on online photo album for the friends and family.  But with the security issues, identity theft, etc. the wife and I stopped posting pictures of us and the kid for the most part.  Seems that most of the people that still post just use it as a platform to argue politics and post amusing videos.  Pretty much the only reason I still have it now is to see the occasional snapshot of what friends from years ago are doing.

I guess my point is that I'm uncertain as to the overall purpose of it anymore and whether or not it can securely provide for that purpose.

i just use it to act crazy on there.. and make money lol.. other than that i really dont post anything personal

qxcontinuum

Virtual money of a virtual product. Ppl. that invest real money into internet business and expect to retire must be really dumb. 

Gromdor
16 hours ago, qxcontinuum said:

Virtual money of a virtual product. Ppl. that invest real money into internet business and expect to retire must be really dumb. 

Bitcoin?

• Like 1

Mr.United_Nations
On 28/07/2018 at 9:38 PM, LostSouls7 said:

its what they get for spying. and being new world order pieces of garbage!

karma is truly a horny ****..

Facebook is the new myspace.. and its their own fault for being power hungry and greedy

Ha myspace was full of emos

• Like 1

Truthseeker007

I have made a lot of friends on Facebook and found lost ones so I don't mind it.

• Like 1

acute

"den of iniquity"

:lol:

• Like 1

AnchorSteam
On 7/28/2018 at 7:26 PM, LostSouls7 said:

Trust me it is.. facebook is done

It is certainly losing it's status as a powerhouse, that much is certain. 

I have never used Facebook, not once in my life. I was thinking about it a couple of years ago, just to make contact with people I lost along the way... but then they started to get all political and the privacy issues came up.

Screw it. Nobody that doubles-down on doing the wrong things gets a minute of my time.

• Like 1

LostSouls7

Facebook blocks anyone with views about freedom..; they are evil and globalist who hate America..

and hate you and hate Freedom. I just use it to make money. But it's going down like myspace did.

I predicted its downfall last year and people thought I was crazy. but hey now people see how evil they truly are.

aztek

wow, what a tragedy, NOT. 

lost_shaman
Posted (edited)

I hope Facebook goes the way of MySpace, and the sooner the better! It depresses people. There is an entire generation of young people who don't know what it's like to actually interact with each other face to face. I can't even sit and watch a Movie with my own Daughters because every two minutes they are on their phones checking Facebook. It's ridiculous.  You can't even have a conversation with a young person because mid-sentence they will ignore you because their phone dings with a facebook notification. I say good riddance to Zuckerberg  and I hope Facebook fails and dies! The world will be a better place without it!

Edited by lost_shaman

Bama13
On 7/28/2018 at 5:12 PM, Eldorado said:

Who wants to be in the same social club as mum and dad and sometimes granny and grandpa!?

Jimmy Buffet fans? I have seen little kids (7-8 yrs old) to older folks (75+) at his concerts. Every one seems to have a good time!!

Dark_Grey

Reminder that Facebook records your browsing habits if you leave the Facebook tab open on your computer. It's practically a form of spyware at this point...

aztek
Just now, Dark_Grey said:

Reminder that Facebook records your browsing habits if you leave the Facebook tab open on your computer. It's practically a form of spyware at this point...

this forum does it too, i see things i searched for on this forum as adds

• Like 1

Dark_Grey
2 minutes ago, aztek said:

this forum does it too, i see things i searched for on this forum as adds

I got recommended videos on YouTube yesterday for topics I heard discussed in a podcast. I have no idea how that happened as the topics were very obscure and not at all something I have searched for personally. My only guess is that the Google software on my phone must be listening to not only my phone calls but to any audio coming through the phone. I've never seen that before - very creepy.

aztek

i was googling protein bars this morning , now they are as adds on this forum homepage.

spy.jpg

• Like 1

aztek
Posted (edited)
Just now, Dark_Grey said:

I got recommended videos on YouTube yesterday for topics I heard discussed in a podcast. I have no idea how that happened as the topics were very obscure and not at all something I have searched for personally. My only guess is that the Google software on my phone must be listening to not only my phone calls but to any audio coming through the phone. I've never seen that before - very creepy.

yea that sucks, i'm glad my company issued phone has pretty good security software installed, never had that happen to me, yet

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1