Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Cardinal Theodore McCarrick Resigns

LightAngel

2 minutes ago, danydandan said:

Let's be honest, all these child abusers should be excommunicated and sentenced to death. I can't see how anyone would try and commend the Church for how it has handled this situation, there should be a mass culling of these priests in my opinion. But I will say that Catholic priests aren't the only ones. For example Ghandi was a child abusers.

I wouldn't go with a sentence of death because that would be to easy for them. I would say castration so they can't do it again and live with it.

1 minute ago, Truthseeker007 said:

I wouldn't go with a sentence of death because that would be to easy for them. I would say castration so they can't do it again and live with it.

Nah they could still do bad stuff, I'd rather there be zero tolerance. Every country should follow India's lead and death to all child abusers.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, danydandan said:

Nah they could still do bad stuff, I'd rather there be zero tolerance. Every country should follow India's lead and death to all child abusers.

Well either way anything is better then what the church does. It is kind of a conspiracy but the last pope was actually let go because of all he did. They couldn't arrest him though because the church pretty much is the power of Rome. I mean I don't know for sure but just what I hear on the printing press.

8 minutes ago, Truthseeker007 said:

Well either way anything is better then what the church does. It is kind of a conspiracy but the last pope was actually let go because of all he did. They couldn't arrest him though because the church pretty much is the power of Rome. I mean I don't know for sure but just what I hear on the printing press.

In my opinion, the abusers and the abuse was covered up to avoid embarrassment. The church should also have a zero tolerance policy on abuse too.

I'm Irish and the stories you hear about Nuns, the Christian Brothers and disgusting priests would make you want to kill them all.

Read up on the laundries we used to have here, they were run by Nuns and they knew priests came to visit to have sex with the girls and they did nothing. People who let abuse happen are as bad as those who do it. They should be shot too.

Edit: and the worst thing is, this abuse was widely known about. Still nothing was done in parishes because of the power the church held. These days thank God this is are different.

Edited by danydandan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, danydandan said:

In my opinion, the abusers and the abuse was covered up to avoid embarrassment. The church should also have a zero tolerance policy on abuse too.

I'm Irish and the stories you hear about Nuns, the Christian Brothers and disgusting priests would make you want to kill them all.

Read up on the laundries we used to have here, they were run by Nuns and they knew priests came to visit to have sex with the girls and they did nothing. People who let abuse happen are as bad as those who do it. They should be shot too.

I think it can come down to also that priests are suppose to remain sex free. I mean being the devils advocate here it is hard on a person without any sexual interactions. SO I think maybe the church could at least change that policy. I think it would cut down on victims if a priest is happily married. I am just trying to think of solutions.

I have heard of how the nuns are abused also which goes back to my last point.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Truthseeker007 said:

I think it can come down to also that priests are suppose to remain sex free. I mean being the devils advocate here it is hard on a person without any sexual interactions. SO I think maybe the church could at least change that policy. I think it would cut down on victims if a priest is happily married. I am just trying to think of solutions.

No, Nuns are the abusers too.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magdalene_Laundries_in_Ireland

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magdalene_asylum

They beat the shyt out of the girls and women in their care, sold babies, stole babies, sold sex to priests and done alot worse stuff.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/religion-and-beliefs/magdalene-laundries-i-often-wondered-why-were-they-so-cruel-1.3521600?mode=amp

Sorry to ruin your day. If you read the links you'll be very shocked and sickened.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Truthseeker007 said:

Well show us that then. We all have questions about this. If you can enlighten us on this go right ahead. I mean to us it seems the church and it's servants is above the law. After all the guy that poisoned all these children is only just being moved. Where is the help for these children that he abused sexually? DO you think a public apology by the church is going to help after these children were molested by this monster? What is wrong with you buddy?

I just did the laity. Now you're taking about the religious of a specific Church.

The question you originally replied to asked where all the Christians. 

You can't read? 

Here, just some of the party's submissions.

http://www.tjhcouncil.org.au/royal-commission/tjhc-submissions-to-royal-commission.aspx

Edited by Golden Duck
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, danydandan said:

Let's be honest, all these child abusers should be excommunicated and sentenced to death. I can't see how anyone would try and commend the Church for how it has handled this situation, there should be a mass culling of these priests in my opinion. But I will say that Catholic priests aren't the only ones. For example Ghandi was a child abusers.

Well that's what the Royal Commission was about - institutional child sexual abuse. It conducted 57 case studies.

Let's be truly honest - most of the population don't care about excommunication. All citizens are required to report these crimes to the police.

But, if you are responding to what I actually wrote I specifically mentioned the laity, not the Church.

2 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

Well that's what the Royal Commission was about - institutional child sexual abuse. It conducted 57 case studies.

Let's be truly honest - most of the population don't care about excommunication. All citizens are required to report these crimes to the police.

But, if you are responding to what I actually wrote I specifically mentioned the laity, not the Church.

Prehaps I should have emphasised the sentence to death, this applies to all child abusers.

Laity is still apart of the Church, perhaps not authorised but still apart of it. Like a Nun or a brother. I'd be very much inclined to assume these types would care about excommunication.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Truthseeker007 said:

"Let go" that's interesting. What factual information have you got on that? 

30 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

"Let go" that's interesting. What factual information have you got on that? 

I agree I very much doubt anyone was 'let go'.

I'd love to see some evidence for that claim.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, danydandan said:

Prehaps I should have emphasised the sentence to death, this applies to all child abusers.

Laity is still apart of the Church, perhaps not authorised but still apart of it. Like a Nun or a brother. I'd be very much inclined to assume these types would care about excommunication.

You were offering your opinion that they should be excommunicated and executed; I assume as neither a member of the laity or the religious. The lapsed, irreligious or secular will not care about Church sanctions; particularly given that excommunication can be absolved.

When you look at Ridsdale; that he's been laicised seems insignificant. 

While I can't discount your sentiment on how objectionable child sexual abuse is. I simply can't agree to it mandating execution; that's an objectionable road to go down. 

18 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

You were offering your opinion that they should be excommunicated and executed; I assume as neither a member of the laity or the religious. The lapsed, irreligious or secular will not care about Church sanctions; particularly given that excommunication can be absolved.

When you look at Ridsdale; that he's been laicised seems insignificant. 

While I can't discount your sentiment on how objectionable child sexual abuse is. I simply can't agree to it mandating execution; that's an objectionable road to go down. 

Yeah I'm not Religious, was raised Catholic so I know all the bad and good the church does. Unfortunately the bad gets highlighted too often and the good gets over looked. But that being said my comments were made regarding the Churches lack of disciplinary procedures as a result of there members carrying out child abuse, I actually can't think of any priest in Ireland who was sentenced to prison for child abuse who was excommunicated. But my point is that if the Church did carry out excommunication because of it then prehaps it would be a good deterrent.

I agree regarding laicised is basically a slap on wrist while being told your bold.

When I actually think about it prehaps the death penalty is a bit extreme due to the possibility of an innocent being killed due to being found guilty from a false accusation.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Truthseeker007 said:

True.

Things isn't just black and white.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, LightAngel said:

True.

Things isn't just black and white.

Domination is the religious system.

Well, I don't think anyone disagrees that pedophiles who abuse kids should be prosecuted.  But, I don't think they should suffer any more punishment than what the law demands, and that doesn't usually include execution.  And most of the cases of abuse that are prosecuted are filed by Christians.  So in asking where the Christians are on this issue is...well...they're the one's prosecuting and fighting for justice against corrupt Church officials.  And this doesn't just happen in the Catholic Church, all religions have these scandals in comparable numbers to their population.  Power can corrupt those who are not of the highest moral character no matter the institution.

And I really don't understand the comments about celibacy in the priesthood or other orders in Catholicism.  Celibacy has absolutely nothing to do with the sexual abuse of children.  It's not like if they weren't in the priesthood they could then satisfy their perverted sexual desires and everything would be fine.  Just because a pedophile has normal heterosexual sex doesn't mean they won't have the temptation of their perversions for children which is still just as bad, in or out of the Church.  So celibacy has nothing to do with the child sexual abuse issues in religion.

I guess one of the problems with the way people decide to enter the Priesthood is that they think that a declaration to celibacy will somehow prevent the temptations of their perversions, but it really doesn't work that way.  If someone is struggling with perverse sexual temptations then they really should not be in the priesthood, or in any ministerial capacity in the church for that matter.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Noxasa said:

Well, I don't think anyone disagrees that pedophiles who abuse kids should be prosecuted.  But, I don't think they should suffer any more punishment than what the law demands, and that doesn't usually include execution.  And most of the cases of abuse that are prosecuted are filed by Christians.  So in asking where the Christians are on this issue is...well...they're the one's prosecuting and fighting for justice against corrupt Church officials.  And this doesn't just happen in the Catholic Church, all religions have these scandals in comparable numbers to their population.  Power can corrupt those who are not of the highest moral character no matter the institution.

And I really don't understand the comments about celibacy in the priesthood or other orders in Catholicism.  Celibacy has absolutely nothing to do with the sexual abuse of children.  It's not like if they weren't in the priesthood they could then satisfy their perverted sexual desires and everything would be fine.  Just because a pedophile has normal heterosexual sex doesn't mean they won't have the temptation of their perversions for children which is still just as bad, in or out of the Church.  So celibacy has nothing to do with the child sexual abuse issues in religion.

I guess one of the problems with the way people decide to enter the Priesthood is that they think that a declaration to celibacy will somehow prevent the temptations of their perversions, but it really doesn't work that way.  If someone is struggling with perverse sexual temptations then they really should not be in the priesthood, or in any ministerial capacity in the church for that matter.

I don't agree with the punishment part of your post, the rest I do agree with.

Over in England, and I assume other countries, where young men travel away from there families to play professional Football (soccer) as a teenagers they were also exposed to monsters who would abuse them. There has been a number of cases of these abusers brought to light recently. Just today a coach from Celtic was convicted of child abuse. As a result of these abusers a number of people have taken there own life, thus as a result I feel the death penalty is justified for such criminals.

It appears that no matter where or how, when ever there is a chance of a child being exposed to these individuals, these individuals find away to be exposed to them.

Edited by danydandan

"A new grand jury report says that internal documents from six Catholic dioceses in Pennsylvania show that more than 300 "predator priests" have been credibly accused of sexually abusing more than 1,000 child victims."

:(

On 8/14/2018 at 12:52 AM, danydandan said:

I don't agree with the punishment part of your post, the rest I do agree with.

Over in England, and I assume other countries, where young men travel away from there families to play professional Football (soccer) as a teenagers they were also exposed to monsters who would abuse them. There has been a number of cases of these abusers brought to light recently. Just today a coach from Celtic was convicted of child abuse. As a result of these abusers a number of people have taken there own life, thus as a result I feel the death penalty is justified for such criminals.

It appears that no matter where or how, when ever there is a chance of a child being exposed to these individuals, these individuals find away to be exposed to them.

Well, I can see the logic in that.  If a victim is so traumatized that they lose their life due to it, then it does seem like justice would demand the life of the perpetrator of the crime.  But not all, or even most, victims commit suicide even though they spend a lifetime dealing with the emotional pain.  Maybe the answer is life in prison without parole.  The only problem is child molesters usually get grouped together in their own ward so as to not be exposed to the general population who tend to kill people like that.  So they're shielded from the torment that they should have to deal with by being in prison for those crimes.  Well, I guess it's never a perfect world.  At least if they were spending life in prison they'd be out of society and can't harm anyone else.

On 8/13/2018 at 3:54 AM, Truthseeker007 said:

To open their eyes and see. I know that is asking to much.lol!

Christians watch the same news you do, and feel the same revulsion. 

Is it your belief that Christians think child sexual abuse is OK? Really?

Or, just that they turn the other way?

Edited by DieChecker
  • Thanks 1

On 8/13/2018 at 4:19 AM, danydandan said:

I doubt death is in the forecast, as the Pope has gone on the record as being completely, 100%, against killing anyone for any reason. Including the worst death row offenders.

Logically, this should be the Christian perspective, as Christians are told that God has reserved Vengeance for himself. Christians are supposed to Judge Not, but are widely seen as being some of the most Judgemental people. Which, I am afraid, might very well be true.

On 8/8/2018 at 9:01 AM, Noxasa said:

No, they're not "infallible."  You don't understand the concept ex cathedra infallibility which doesn't mean the Pope is infallible in all that he says or does.  LOL.

I understand it just fine. I just don't agree with it.

Papal infallibility is a dogma of the Catholic Church that states that, in virtue of the promise of Jesus to Peter, the Pope is preserved from the possibility of error "when, in the exercise of his office as shepherd and teacher of all Christians, in virtue of his supreme apostolic authority, he defines a doctrine concerning faith or morals to be held by the whole Church."[1][2]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Papal_infallibility

On 8/13/2018 at 4:38 AM, danydandan said:

Edit: and the worst thing is, this abuse was widely known about. Still nothing was done in parishes because of the power the church held. These days thank God this is are different.

Those PA cases show time and time again where a diocese tried to do something about an offending priest and the Vatican shut it down. 

I'm sure there were some good actors.

It's just that in the face of such corruption and debauchery...they should have left the Church. 

Dirty.Old.Man.