Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What on earth is Q Anon

andoniogonde320

Hi andoniogonde320. 

Please share your thoughts on the video that you posted.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Daughter of the Nine Moons said:

Hi andoniogonde320. 

Please share your thoughts on the video that you posted.

Pretty good explanation of the Q phenomenon 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, andoniogonde320 said:

Pretty good explanation of the Q phenomenon 

Oh yeah? Go on...

Just another neckbeard looking for viral fame. 4chan produces people like that in spades.

• Like 7

I haven't paid this phenomenon much attention but if there really are 40K sealed indictments and they are ever pursued actively, that is, thousands of arrests, it would start a Civil war.  The establishment would completely go insane over it and fight back with everything they have.  Law enforcement entities would be the first battleground.  

The reality is this is the most dangerous conspiracy theory of our time. As someone who has been following this somewhat closely for a while now its really stunning not just how desperately detached from reality Q and his followers are but how often pieces of the conspiracy mongering which starts there ends up being parroted in the right wing's more legitimate media sources. 

The hatred and misinformation which is fomented through Q has set the stage for a percentage of our society to have the necessary tools to wholly invent their own reality fully independent of facts, logic or decency. 

Now that Q's own posts have started to resemble the desperate lashing out nature of Trump's tweets I have to wonder is this just some neckbeard in his moms basement or if Q's followers are right and he really is someone embedded with Trump - or the man himself. 

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 7

7 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

"This savage child-race still hasn't figured it out"                                                                                                 

That was so esoteric

One day, I will appreciate your sense of humour.

No promises.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

That was so esoteric

One day, I will appreciate your sense of humour.

No promises.

Just some amusing irrelevance in the face of absurdity. Trump has fifty million Twitter followers with which he bypasses the MSM and people are paranoid about communications between some of his supporters that encourages them to do their own research and come to their own conclusions and not take anything posted even there, verbatim.                                                                           http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/07/29/us-therapists-see-increase-patients-trump-anxiety-disorder

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Just some amusing irrelevance in the face of absurdity. Trump has fifty million Twitter followers with which he bypasses the MSM and people are paranoid about communications between some of his supporters that encourages them to do their own research and come to their own conclusions and not take anything posted even there, verbatim.

That is an incredibly friendly description of what is going on over there but its not really accurate or at least its certainly not complete. Any time a politician encourages or even ignores the cult like behavior among Q followers every American should start paying attention.  

• Like 2

Of course Q Anon's cryptic Nostradamus like predictions and equivocations aren't the real problem the problems come from the cult like followers. 

Take a look around #Qanon on Twitter. The responses vary of course, from the mundane to the insane, however the vitriol which is created, highlighted and elevated is truly scary. 

Take a tour around https://twitter.com/hashtag/qanon

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Farmer77 said:

That is an incredibly friendly description of what is going on over there but its not really accurate or at least its certainly not complete. Any time a politician encourages or even ignores the cult like behavior among Q followers every American should start paying attention.  

To what, the nonsensical ravings of lunatic minds who see a Russian hacker in every bush and a conspiracy behind every tree? To people who run screaming with their hands over their heads because opposition members display thoughtfulness and cooperative intelligence, calmly researching facts independent of a MSM who feel marginalized because they've lost control of political discourse? To fools who freak out over a letter of the alphabet, who live in dread of a mysterious "conspiracy" everyone seems to know about?

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

To what, the nonsensical ravings of lunatic minds who see a Russian hacker in every bush and a conspiracy behind every tree?

To the accelerated erosion of rational thought. A movement which frames any opposition to it as pedophiles dehumanizes its opposition. We as a nation can scream and yell and argue over political viewpoints and that is healthy. Once you truly dehumanize political opposition things become extremely dangerous.  

• Like 3

• Like 1

Just now, Hammerclaw said:

Apparently, not when it's your side doing the dehumanizing, demonizing, marginalizing half the electorate as "Deplorables" mobbing and harassing people for their political and religious differences. Yet, you are oblivious to your own hypocrisy.      

Haha so an artist depicting the POTUS as decapitated is the same as the POTUS supporting a movement which has declared any political opposition as a pedophile? Thats a grand attempt at moral equivocation. 

Is the need for political justification so strong that you truly cant see the troubling trend happening and identify it? 

Have you actually gone and looked at the link I supplied? 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Haha so an artist depicting the POTUS as decapitated is the same as the POTUS supporting a movement which has declared any political opposition as a pedophile? Thats a grand attempt at moral equivocation. 

Is the need for political justification so strong that you truly cant see the troubling trend happening and identify it? 

Have you actually gone and looked at the link I supplied? 

All you are doing is the equivalent of me posting Antifa memes and painting all the left with their colors. I don't claim responsibility for our fringe nutcases, on or off line, any more than you do yours. What I see is a few on the Right treating the Left as some on the Left treats the Right. That always freaks you guys out.

• Like 8

All you are doing is the equivalent of me posting Antifa memes and painting all the left with their colors. I don't claim responsibility for our fringe nutcases, on or off line, any more than you do yours.

If I were painting all of the right with Q follower colors you would be correct. Honestly thats not at all what im trying to do.  As is im simply pointing out the creation of a new cult which daily expresses their fantasies of state sanctioned violence and the violation of the constitutional rights of their political opponents. Im in no way saying everyone on the right buys that drivel, just that enough do that we should probably pay attention. 

3 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

What I see is a few on the Right treating the Left as some on the Left treats the Right. That always freaks you guys out.

To a certain extent you're not wrong. I think this is my largest problem in the Trump era. I actually agree with quite a bit of the rhetoric. Look beyond the rhetoric though and you see where comparisons to the past begin to fall apart and or you see where the rhetoric is serving interests which dont place America first. 

Your statement above is a perfect example of that. 

• Like 2

If I were painting all of the right with Q follower colors you would be correct. Honestly thats not at all what im trying to do.  As is im simply pointing out the creation of a new cult which daily expresses their fantasies of state sanctioned violence and the violation of the constitutional rights of their political opponents. Im in no way saying everyone on the right buys that drivel, just that enough do that we should probably pay attention. 

To a certain extent you're not wrong. I think this is my largest problem in the Trump era. I actually agree with quite a bit of the rhetoric. Look beyond the rhetoric though and you see where comparisons to the past begin to fall apart and or you see where the rhetoric is serving interests which dont place America first. 

Your statement above is a perfect example of that. 

Who gets to define "America"? Is your definition the same as mine? The fact is, "America" is a synthesis of disparate points-of-view and the party in office, since the '60s, has taken to more and more marginalize and disparage that of the other. The out party that pleads for dialogue and discussion of commonalities tends to forget all about it, once back in office. Politically, we are quite polarized and it would take a war to shake us out of it. Sad, but true.

• Like 3

Who gets to define "America"? Is your definition the same as mine? The fact is, "America" is a synthesis of disparate points-of-view and the party in office, since the '60s, has taken to more and more marginalize and disparage that of the other.

Sure they have while replacing the American population's input with that of corporate entities and of course their own futures. 

4 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

The out party that pleads for dialogue and discussion of commonalities tends to forget all about it, once back in office. Politically, we are quite polarized and it would take a war to shake us out of it. Sad, but true.

Quite true. All the more reason we should identify dangerous movements which will inch us towards that end. 

Keep the context of all of this in mind as well. This is being perpetrated by supporters of the man who has intricate financial ties to the Kremlin and who has sided with the Kremlin over the US's own intelligence apparatus.

The same Kremlin which has stated their goal of "balkanizing" the US. What better way to make balkanization happen than to convince as many people as possible that their political opponents are sub-human? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Sure they have while replacing the American population's input with that of corporate entities and of course their own futures. 

Quite true. All the more reason we should identify dangerous movements which will inch us towards that end. 

Keep the context of all of this in mind as well. This is being perpetrated by supporters of the man who has intricate financial ties to the Kremlin and who has sided with the Kremlin over the US's own intelligence apparatus.

The same Kremlin which has stated their goal of "balkanizing" the US. What better way to make balkanization happen than to convince as many people as possible that their political opponents are sub-human? 

Dude, I lived through the Cold War and the Red Scare. This is pattycake by comparison.:rolleyes:

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Hammerclaw said:

Dude, I lived through the Cold War and the Red Scare. This is pattycake by comparison.:rolleyes:

I did duck and cover drills due to Russian bombers myself. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

25 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

I did duck and cover drills due to Russian bombers myself. 

I had a gyro made by a muslim guy, once. It was pretty good.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Just now, Imaginarynumber1 said:

I had a gyro made by a muslim guy, once. It was pretty good.

Nice! Extra tzatziki and red onions I hope.....its the only way  

• Like 2