Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Federal air marshals tracking ordinary

aztek

Federal air marshals have normal citizens under surveillance and are recording their movements - even if they aren't suspected of a crime or on a watch list

All US citizens who come into the country are automatically screened for potential inclusion in Quiet Skies, and thousands of Americans have reportedly already been subject to surveillance at the airport and on their flights under the program. Travelers stay on the Quiet Skies watch list for up to 90 days or three encounters, and they’re never notified they’re on the list at all.

t’s still unclear what merits being added to the watch list in the first place. The program lays out 15 rules to screen passengers, but the full checklist was not obtained by the Boston Globe and is reportedly a mystery even to the marshals who conduct the surveillance.

Once US citizens are added to the program, marshals flying with them will track a number of behaviors, like whether subjects are “abnormally aware” of their surroundings, whether they display “excessive fidgeting,” a “cold penetrating stare,” or an “Adam’s apple jump,” and whether the individual sleeps during a flight.

https://www.vox.com/2018/7/29/17627734/quiet-skies-tsa-flight-surveillance

Crazy.

Everyone who's afraid to fly would be under suspicion, because they can't sleep during flights. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, OverSword said:

Sounds like the TSA is bored. 

Well, that got to be good news surely? No terrorism is going on! Cause for celebrations!

• Like 1

This is just one part of a continuing trend. We're to blame for not addressing and confronting it. We remained silent when they frisked toddlers. We remained silent when they searched grandmas. We were cool with being treated like prison inmates at public airports in order to feel "safe". We were so upset by the mass murders on 9/11 that we weren't able to grasp the outcomes of swapping and switching freedom for security. The surveillance state continues to reap the benefits of our gullibility. Both political parties never let a crisis go to waste. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hahahaha....

I have Zero problem with what the air Marshal's do.

You do? Too bad.

• Like 1

For all of law enforcement and military, my deepest respect for you.

Thank you.

The Israeli's have a similar type of program, which is working.  I have no problem with an air marshal sitting beside me, or keeping track of me in an airport, or on a plane.

Feeling safe flying is more important to me than being cautious about my behavior.

It's outside the airport, where the feds set the Constitution on fire, and find they no longer have a country to protect.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Raptor Witness said:

The Israeli's have a similar type of program, which is working.  I have no problem with an air marshal sitting beside me, or keeping track of me in an airport, or on a plane.

Feeling safe flying is more important to me than being cautious about my behavior.

It's outside the airport, where the feds set the Constitution on fire, and find they no longer have a country to protect.

Thank you for your report and impressions.

8 hours ago, Paranormal Panther said:

This is just one part of a continuing trend. We're to blame for not addressing and confronting it. We remained silent when they frisked toddlers. We remained silent when they searched grandmas. We were cool with being treated like prison inmates at public airports in order to feel "safe". We were so upset by the mass murders on 9/11 that we weren't able to grasp the outcomes of swapping and switching freedom for security. The surveillance state continues to reap the benefits of our gullibility. Both political parties never let a crisis go to waste. 

And both of them need to be dumped by the voters, but too many people have allowed their pride and their identities to become dependent on those grungy old parties.

However, there is hope, Trump was elected despite the demands of both parties, and despite non-stop character assassination he is more popular now than when he was elected. Step back from the usual routine and think on that a second. Refuting the main parties IS possible.

In fact, both parties should have been relegated to 2nd-string has-been status years ago, but their grip  on the media keeps so many people enthralled and obedient that all sorts of failed dingbats and shaggy old ho's are still in the halls of power. 

They will be gone someday, but how many of us are they going to take with them?

• Like 3

How is this any different than having a cop follow you down the road?  You know he's probably running your plates, making him aware of your whole driving history.  Then he turns and you go on your way.  Nothing happened.  The next time he follows someone it may take a criminal off the streets.   We're all being surveilled all the time.  We don't think about it much but whenever something happens, suddenly there is video from a dozen different angles.  

Edited by Big Jim
typo
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, AnchorSteam said:

And both of them need to be dumped by the voters, but too many people have allowed their pride and their identities to become dependent on those grungy old parties.

However, there is hope, Trump was elected despite the demands of both parties, and despite non-stop character assassination he is more popular now than when he was elected. Step back from the usual routine and think on that a second. Refuting the main parties IS possible.

In fact, both parties should have been relegated to 2nd-string has-been status years ago, but their grip  on the media keeps so many people enthralled and obedient that all sorts of failed dingbats and shaggy old ho's are still in the halls of power. 

They will be gone someday, but how many of us are they going to take with them?

The media routinely demonize or ridicule outsiders like Kucinich and Paul. Their false portrayals fool the gullible populace who won't vote for "dangerous populists". Trump was the exception to this rule, and it's difficult to overcome it. Many American voters still believe that establishment propaganda is gospel truth. Trump's win may be the proverbial camel's nose under the tent. It might lead the way for more victories by unconventional candidates. That remains to be seen. Many or most people prefer the devil they know.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

NEWS FLASH!!!

Federal Air Marshals are doing their job!

Harte

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Harte said:

NEWS FLASH!!!

Harte

Agreed , but, as someone who flew domestic and internationally 3-4x a month the last 2.5 years or so I would really like to see what notes if any they have on me and whether that had anything to do with the couple of times CBP paid extra attention to me. Just out of curiosities sake, kinda like wanting to see your medical chart I guess. 

• Like 2

I bet they'd keep a close eye on me.

I just grew a handlebar mustache.

Harte

Just now, Harte said:

NEWS FLASH!!!

Harte

their job is something very different, at least it was when this started, look at reality, no air marshal ever saved a plane from hijacking, they did subdue few drunks and troublemakers, that is about it.     think what can be done with that data , and how it may affect you in the future.

Just now, Raptor Witness said:

The Israeli's have a similar type of program, which is working. 

no they do not, i know what elal does, and it is very different

15 hours ago, Paranormal Panther said:

..... Trump's win may be the proverbial camel's nose under the tent. ...

I've never heard that expression before, and I had to google it to understand its meaning. 

It is excellent, and I will be using it at every opportunity forthwith. it is FAR more interesting than the English equivalent: "the thin end of the wedge". 

One thing... why does the expression say "under" the tent ? Wouldn't it make more sense to say "in" the tent ? 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

One thing... why does the expression say "under" the tent ? Wouldn't it make more sense to say "in" the tent ? 

When someone, or a camel, is sneaking into a tent they don't come through the entrance.  They come in at ground level by prying up the fabric between stakes somewhere else.  Hence, the camel gets it's nose under the tent.

5 hours ago, aztek said:

their job is something very different, at least it was when this started, look at reality, no air marshal ever saved a plane from hijacking, they did subdue few drunks and troublemakers, that is about it.     think what can be done with that data , and how it may affect you in the future.

What data? 

You mean info about how you looked nervous?

Who gives a crap about that?

And please, Air Marshalls have ALWAYS been observing passengers. What the hell else did you think they were doing?

Harte

8 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

I've never heard that expression before, and I had to google it to understand its meaning. 

It is excellent, and I will be using it at every opportunity forthwith. it is FAR more interesting than the English equivalent: "the thin end of the wedge". 

It would. I took liberties with the idiom, though. It's a reference to unforeseen and unpredictable negative things. I put a new positive spin on it in that new candidates might end the two-party lock on politics.

On 8/1/2018 at 7:14 AM, RoofGardener said:

Well, it is more like "under the edge of the tent wall" but that does not roll off the tongue.

The rest of the Camel will be in the tent with you soon, is what the expression means, its just about the only useful thing we got from a dozen years of cultural exchange with the Muddle East at close range. 

• 3 weeks later...