Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What does my dream mean?

Aurazzia

So this dream I had recently is one of the weirdest I’ve had in my life. I was in a church with my parents and a few other people and we were all praying because World War 3 was imminent. Missiles would be launched across the globe and kill most of humanity. As we were sitting someone ran into the church and shouted “It’s begun.” My parents and I, along with the rest of church, rushed to the front doors on to the porch. Outside, it was snowing and there were many mountains with snowy tops and the Aurora Borelais over head. In the distance rising just above the mountains were the lights of green missiles shooting up into the air. Beside me, everyone was silent. We could all do nothing but watch them. As they started to come down, everyone prepared for the end. Many hugged their families and kissed each other goodbye. My parents and I did the same. However, I also have two brothers who did not appear. My parents immediately started crying. My mother said “My sons, where are my sons!?” My dad, “My boys!” I knew that we wouldn’t find them in time so I hugged my parents and said “There’s nothing we can do now mom, dad. It’s too late.” And as I said that a light closed in and I looked up and saw their faces crying in agony.. and then they disintegrated and everything went black.

It stayed black and then it jumped forward. I had somehow survived and was laying on the porch holding my parents ashes, tears in my eyes. In the distance, a long cabin stood. I ran into the snow crying and then I heard a noise. I turned around and their above the hill running towards me was my two brothers, alive and well. With tears still in my eyes, I marched up to them. My brother said “What happened? Where’s mom and dad?” I immediately became furious. “WHERE WERE YOU TWO?! WHERE WERE YOU WHEN THE BOMBS HIT?” 

My little brother replied, “Sleeping in the cabin.” Upon hearing those words, I slapped them upside the head and screamed at them in my tearful voice. “They’re gone! In their last moments they knew NOTHING BUT AGONY. I will never forgive you two. The pain I saw, that will forever remain. You’ll never see them again.” Then it went black and I woke up with my throat hurting like I had been crying the whole night. 

Sorry if it’s long... but that’s the dream. I’m curious as to what it might mean and also because that scene where my parents were crying in the end is etched into my memory. It’s hard to forget a face in so much pain like that (even though it wasn’t real).

Id suggest looking up each dream symbol and reflect upon what u did, said, fekt upon the day before u had this dream. 

It means that you were asleep and likely experienced a full R.E.M. cycle, along with the other 4 stages of sleep. Just like every night. Dreams have no significant meanings. 

• Like 1

Heres all that i could do..

Ive had ten symbols ive cropped them bu the system has decided to be an ******* :devil: and reject the photos because they were "too big" so this is all that i can do. 

IMG_1737.PNG

It's probably just a reflection of current life stresses. The subconscious is just working a puzzle which has no real waking life implications. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Aurazzia said:

So this dream I had recently is one of the weirdest I’ve had in my life. I was in a church with my parents and a few other people and we were all praying because World War 3 was imminent. Missiles would be launched across the globe and kill most of humanity. As we were sitting someone ran into the church and shouted “It’s begun.” My parents and I, along with the rest of church, rushed to the front doors on to the porch. Outside, it was snowing and there were many mountains with snowy tops and the Aurora Borelais over head. In the distance rising just above the mountains were the lights of green missiles shooting up into the air. Beside me, everyone was silent. We could all do nothing but watch them. As they started to come down, everyone prepared for the end. Many hugged their families and kissed each other goodbye. My parents and I did the same. However, I also have two brothers who did not appear. My parents immediately started crying. My mother said “My sons, where are my sons!?” My dad, “My boys!” I knew that we wouldn’t find them in time so I hugged my parents and said “There’s nothing we can do now mom, dad. It’s too late.” And as I said that a light closed in and I looked up and saw their faces crying in agony.. and then they disintegrated and everything went black.

It stayed black and then it jumped forward. I had somehow survived and was laying on the porch holding my parents ashes, tears in my eyes. In the distance, a long cabin stood. I ran into the snow crying and then I heard a noise. I turned around and their above the hill running towards me was my two brothers, alive and well. With tears still in my eyes, I marched up to them. My brother said “What happened? Where’s mom and dad?” I immediately became furious. “WHERE WERE YOU TWO?! WHERE WERE YOU WHEN THE BOMBS HIT?” 

My little brother replied, “Sleeping in the cabin.” Upon hearing those words, I slapped them upside the head and screamed at them in my tearful voice. “They’re gone! In their last moments they knew NOTHING BUT AGONY. I will never forgive you two. The pain I saw, that will forever remain. You’ll never see them again.” Then it went black and I woke up with my throat hurting like I had been crying the whole night. 

Sorry if it’s long... but that’s the dream. I’m curious as to what it might mean and also because that scene where my parents were crying in the end is etched into my memory. It’s hard to forget a face in so much pain like that (even though it wasn’t real).

Dream imagery often manifests around internal conflicts. The thing with sequence and storylines is that hey are usually manifestations while the context of the emotions and feelings are the important bits. 

The best person to analyze a dream is the dreamer because the dreamer cannot be wrong. Why do some dreams commit themselves to memory so profoundly? One has two choices as an explanation. On one hand, it could be a psychological/biological quirk. An accident that we remember internal images while we sleep, or it could be an evolved trait with some sort of benefit us. I believe the latter. Powerful dreams are meant to be reflected on as you are currently doing. However, only you felt what you felt, and only you can understand it’s context. Here is my the exxercise that I recommend to others.

Pretend to be a dream interpreter with deep knowledge who’s identity is separate  from your real identity. Forget about what things are online and what others say. Start to write down an interpretation of the dream as if you are a second person ,but fully aware of your personal circumstances. 

Make it long and free write. You will see how the context rises to the surface and what it means for you. Your subconscious and internal spirit will rise and speak to you.

I hope thAt helps. Give it a try. You will be surprised.

Take care, and if you do it, I’d love to see what you came up with. 

Edited by White Crane Feather
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Im finding myself in a personal dilemma in regard to a connection with someone. We barely speak see each other in spurts. I dream of this person almost every night, and the dreams are always within the same context. Im the one he embraces and it's entirely ethereal and the detail is exquisite, absolutely envelopes me on a deep spiritual plane. I feel afraid this is become an obsession. But no matter how I try some nights ifind myself looking up at the moon thinking of him but In his presence i am distant. Could this be a thread? How can I understand what's going on subconsciously when some nights I don't want the dreams to end? 

"Dream symbolism" books are nonsense, unless it was written by the very person consulting it for meaning.

Images in dreams are not universally relevant to everyone, it's pretty moronic when you think about claims made to that effect. A circle doesn't mean the same thing to everyone, nor does an apple or a bird.

As far as the OP's dream, it simply sounds like you are afraid of losing your parents, scared of war and have some kind of resentment/mistrust against your siblings. It seems self explanatory to me, at least that's what I would think if it was my dream.

Edited by moonman

well all dreams are from the spiritual side & this dream is saying that if there is a war, & everyone disintegrates, then you will find that you are still perfectly alive & have brothers who are alive as well. Those are your spiritual brothers who also cannot die. They were appearing in the forms of your earth brothers to make you understand that they are real brothers & not strangers from somewhere else. 

Basically it is all a message from God, or the spiritual side, to let you know that although there are rumours of war, & people could die if there was, you will never die, & you will find that you are safe with your spiritual brothers if there ever is a nuclear bombing like that.

The angels of God who make people's dreams have very clear & articulate minds & they create awesome dreams out of just a simple idea. So the dreams can be way over the top & freak people out, when really they are just meant to portray a simple message. 

If the mind or subconscious could create dreams then people would dream of all the things in life that they like or desire. But that never happens. Instead the spiritual side creates all the dreams & gives people what they need instead of what they want.

You can ask the spiritual side to teach you things in your dreams. Before you go to sleep ask the spiritual side a question. Then when you wake up you'll find you were given a dream showing the answer to your question. Because the spiritual side speaks with symbolism you may not understand what is being told to you at first. You need to get involved with the spiritual side & get to know them, & after a while you will understand everything they are telling you in your dreams

On 10/08/2018 at 11:38 PM, moonman said:

"Dream symbolism" books are nonsense, unless it was written by the very person consulting it for meaning.

Images in dreams are not universally relevant to everyone, it's pretty moronic when you think about claims made to that effect. A circle doesn't mean the same thing to everyone, nor does an apple or a bird.

As far as the OP's dream, it simply sounds like you are afraid of losing your parents, scared of war and have some kind of resentment/mistrust against your siblings. It seems self explanatory to me, at least that's what I would think if it was my dream.

That was basically my analysis as well if you take dreams as subconscious processing of everyday issues.

Of course if the dreamer HAS no real siblings then the y represent something else 

But i disagree about dream symbols. All human subconscious processing involves imagery rather than words, and because human minds are quite similar, many images are common eg flying really does represent freedom and escape and happiness, water is deeply symbolic but it depends on the nature of the water.  Animals often represent particular symbolic virtues or threats.

Houses, especially your own home, have a deep meaning of belonging, attachment etc and the context of the dream is important  eg not being able to find your home is different to having a happy celebration at your home I still dream a lot of my childhood home  half a century since my childhood and 40 years after it was demolished It is a safe and comfortable place.  I also dream a lot about our farm home of 20 years which burned down in a major bushfire.

i go back there a lot in my dreams and often the house has been rebuilt exactly as it was, and someone else is living there although sometimes it has not and sometimes people are living in a different house, .  where as in reality it remains a vacant home block   Paths  roads and vehicles often mean travel along the road of life and what happens on them or the condition of the path represents  how oyu are feeling about your life voyage  I often cant find our car in my dreams which i am sure has a special significance  that i have not yet worked out. Sometimes it has been stolen and i have quite an exciting adventure tracking it down and busting the thieves at a secret chop shop. Other times it is simply gone (Ithink this represents a puzzle or dilemma in  my real life that i have to solve ) On the other hand i can travel huge distances in dreams quite tirelessly. i can walk or run many miles, or if i need to travel a longer distance i just start flying.   I also have short cuts that t have been in my dreams for years so i can cut 200 miles off a 400 mile journey by taking a secret passage or valley  

4 years after retiring i still,have lots of dreams about teaching, both in the schools I actually taught in, and the one I went to as a teenager.

Often  i cant find the right room or lesson plans, and i have to sneak around, trying to find the right class (the one with no teacher supervising) But last night  i was out on yard duty and was running late to class, a t a school where i taught 40 years ago.  So I flew, like superman, in through the front doors, up the stairs and into the class, while others looked on in wonder.

I then started an extemporaneous lesson about historical wars and conflict, by explaining how men love fighting, and telling the kids about all the weapons and wars i had a s teenager playing with other kids    

I think this means i miss teaching, but at the same time i can now go back and teach without having to follow all the rules of the real world and just enjoy myself  (Sometimes i am naked, or only half dressed or in my pyjamas, but no one worries (and don't appear to notice ) ,  and if it all gets boring or the boss starts  hassling  me for  lesson plans, marking, or reports  i just say  "I am not wasting my dream time on this." and end the dream    

Oh and another recurring dream with obvious significance is driving a car with no brakes, or very dodgy brakes that only slow oyu down marginally, through a big town or city.

You have to time your approach to traffic lights and intersections, using gears and momentum,  and cannot stop quickly or easily. That is a really clear allegory abut how life can be at times, when it feels out of control, and how you need to look ahead and anticipate problems,  and maintain control through finessing rather than abrupt  or last minute behaviour and responses.    

Edited by Mr Walker