Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New theory 'solves' Bermuda Triangle mystery

UM-Bot

So they explained a possibility with ships. What about planes disappearing? How about electrical disturbances? I think this theory needs more information and evidence to convince me. Oh and what about the other eight triangles? Does these waves happen there also?

• Like 4

I like the explanation by Neil degrassethat due to the high influx of traffic in the area explains for all the disappearances. As he states it equals out compared to other high traffic areas.

• Like 5

I agree with Crystal Rose  about the aircraft.  However, if the 100 foot waves are the cause, you'd think some sort of wreckage would have washed up somewhere or trace wreckage would have been found during searches for missing ships.

• Like 4

This isn't news... I saw a show about this many years ago back when I watched tv. They also postulated that the huge methane bubbles from the ocean floor were the culprit. A huge rising methane bubble could both suck a ship under and cause a plane to fall from the sky. Neither explanation accounts for the magnetic abnormalities. 

Is anyone even acknowledging the glass pyramid underneath the water or the magnetic anomaly that it is? It's not like it isn't well documented now, but let's just keep pretending it's not there...

• Like 1

This is dumb. All they've managed to do is create a plausible solution to SOME of the SHIP disappearances. Doesn't prove anything else.

• Like 2

Given the amount of shipping, air traffic and private boats and aircraft, the "Bermuda Triangle" is one of the safest areas of ocean in the world.  The mystery is why there aren't more disappearances!

The other mystery is how Charles Berlitz managed to hoax so many people for so long

• Thanks 2

I don't feel like doing the research...when was the last time something or somebody went missing in the Bermuda Triangle?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NicoletteS said:

This isn't news... I saw a show about this many years ago back when I watched tv. They also postulated that the huge methane bubbles from the ocean floor were the culprit. A huge rising methane bubble could both suck a ship under and cause a plane to fall from the sky. Neither explanation accounts for the magnetic abnormalities. 

Is anyone even acknowledging the glass pyramid underneath the water or the magnetic anomaly that it is? It's not like it isn't well documented now, but let's just keep pretending it's not there...

Is there any ACTUAL evidence of magnetic abnormalities? I've never seen any conclusive scientific studies that show them. All the "evidence" I've seen is hearsay and personal anecdotes.

• Like 2

Agreed, old news. Also saw that show on tv that claimed it was rogue waves or methane bubbles.
But I can't find any factual evidence of this glass pyramid and its supposed 'magnetic anomalies', sorry. Only hearsay. There may be some ancient underwater ruins there, but no glass pyramids.

• Like 1

https://www.bermuda-attractions.com/bermuda2_000051.htm

Ships, boats, submarines and planes still vanish in that area. The thing is that I think that when you take into account the traffic that area has the disappearances are not much more excessive as a percentage than most other places. Some of those ships were not surprising. I know for a fact that the Marine Sulphur Queen was a rust bucket that would never have passed another inspection. Sulfur is corrosive and is hauled in a liquid form. Those type of ships seem to have a lot of problems. I worked in a shipyard for a lot of years and we often got ships in that had problems. When you look up their history they are often old ships nearing the end of their lives and are often run by low budget companies. They buy them cheap try to get a few years service out of them and then scrap them. Some don't have two years service in them. Some of the accidents are never adequately explained. I remember one ship that had a huge tear in its bow. It ran into something but they never figured out what it was. Another sulfur ship just suddenly burst into flame and was abandoned. When they brought it into the yard and put it on the dry dock the general consensus was that we were amazed that it would even float. It was scrapped and probably should have been scrapped a year or two earlier. They were lucky nobody was hurt.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, NicoletteS said:

I take it that you no longer watch tv? However natural radiators will account for the abnormalities such as snow storms and likely from 2 storms coming together to form these rogue waves. The 4 types of radiators can be strong enough to even disrupt bird navigations.

Oh and the second part you mentioned, I chuckled a little but it's ok, it's common for the real news behind such things to get ignored by the paranormal media however the pyramid thing is a hoax. https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/crystal-pyramid/

Unfortunately the paranormal is a mega million dollar industry and it's nothing to spend 100 thousand bucks to concoct some foolery because the income from it is many folds.

Edited by NightScreams
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Mr.United_Nations said:

Yes, very old news.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, NightScreams said:

14 hours ago, NightScreams said:

I take it that you no longer watch tv? However natural radiators will account for the abnormalities such as snow storms and likely from 2 storms coming together to form these rogue waves. The 4 types of radiators can be strong enough to even disrupt bird navigations.

Oh and the second part you mentioned, I chuckled a little but it's ok, it's common for the real news behind such things to get ignored by the paranormal media however the pyramid thing is a hoax. https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/crystal-pyramid/

Unfortunately the paranormal is a mega million dollar industry and it's nothing to spend 100 thousand bucks to concoct some foolery because the income from it is many folds.

Yes I'm aware that it is not commonly accepted as fact but also aware that snopes did not send divers or inspect ray browns recovered artifact. I'm not saying it's necessarily true but I definitely wouldn't pretend snopes actually looks into anything more than webpages just like most u.m. members. I read about that pyramid in one of my grandpa' books when I was little before the internet existed. Calling structures or ruins that don' vibe with accepted archaeoogical theory paranormal is a bit much tho. Anything that has been explained away as such under the pretense that money is to be made telling people is a farce. Think about how much money is to be made from keeping such a discovery unknown and being the first to scour such a site without any onlookers. Ever ask what if it was Atlantis? Do you think the location would be announced to the world? Or would they just say these rogue waves that happen to inhabit the area caused the magnetic anomalies such as a pyramid of such might produce? I'm not saying there is a pyramid, but which is more likely to make a compass spin? Are you aware of the electro-magnetic properties of a pyramid?

But wait I have another question. Did you actually look into any of the expeditions to this pyramid or just the conspiracy slanders? https://books.google.com/books?id=NihyBAAAQBAJ&pg=PA128&lpg=PA128&dq=team+investigates+underwater+pyramid&source=bl&ots=PTzm-L8kV0&sig=5NR3hLEdcv1qjr52hwTVkjymZvQ&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwik3LH_oc7cAhWKEHwKHScACyoQ6AEwEXoECAcQAQ  for example, the Miami science museum sent one such expedition. If it is a conspiracy then why weren' the results published? Surely if they found nothing it would be stated as such instead of quietly swept under? What about this? https://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/two-long-lost-maps-spark-a-quest-to-find-forgotten-pyramids-in-the-florida-swamps-6524337

The curator of the Miami science museum was a very accomplished scientist himself. With a huge interest in the local pyramids and apparent firsthand knowledge. Why dont we hear about him when researching the topic, only the red herrings? Why did he quit after 40 years as curator over "philosophical differences" shortly before he died... and yet as groundbreaking as his accomplishments are they are wiped from the record? Also if this many scientists are aware of undiscovered pyramids especially in florida, how likely do you find it that snopes accurately catalogued the bottom of the ocean or proved the research spanning 1929 to present wrong? You believe anything snopes tells you? Now I'm just asking questions so you all can think about it instead of always blindly agreeing with authority.... do you think snopes diving team checked the exact location or do you think they like to label things false without actually having a clue past what they read on the internet like other people here?

38128341_2192232170997038_7005165597638000640_o.jpg

Edited by Nnicolette

15 hours ago, Bunzilla said:

Agreed, old news. Also saw that show on tv that claimed it was rogue waves or methane bubbles.
But I can't find any factual evidence of this glass pyramid and its supposed 'magnetic anomalies', sorry. Only hearsay. There may be some ancient underwater ruins there, but no glass pyramids.

You aren't supposed to confuse the internet with the real world, people. Searching the internet for glass or crystal pyramids doesn't equate to "there are no pyramids". At least be wise enough to be aware of the difference between " there are conflicting webpages about it" and "it conclusively doesn't physically exist" 

I don't know that it does or doesn't, but at least I am wise enough to be aware of that fact. It' funny how often people act like everything in existence is catalogued. Must blow their mind every time a new species or ruin is discovered.

Edit: by the way since you said you couldn' find factual evidence of the 'supposed magnetic anomalies' of pyramids, here is a link I found if for you. It was pretty tough I just you know typed it into Google. https://www.google.com/amp/s/phys.org/news/2018-07-reveals-great-pyramid-giza-focus.amp  

Now equate these findings to a pyramid made of crystal submerged in salt water. And relate it to the spinning compasses and navigation anomalies reported around Bermuda. Now do you get why I brought it up?

Edited by Nnicolette

You aren't supposed to confuse the internet with the real world, people. Searching the internet for glass or crystal pyramids doesn't equate to "there are no pyramids". At least be wise enough to be aware of the difference between " there are conflicting webpages about it" and "it conclusively doesn't physically exist" 

I don't know that it does or doesn't, but at least I am wise enough to be aware of that fact. It' funny how often people act like everything in existence is catalogued. Must blow their mind every time a new species or ruin is discovered.

I don't think this is an accurate analysis of the situation.  It's not acting 'like everything in existence is catalogued', it's that if there was actually some decent evidence of a crystal pyramid underwater then someone by now would really have some very good evidence of it.  We are capable of underwater photography now, and considering that a crystal pyramid underwater would be pretty close to the most amazing discovery in history, if it exists it reasonably make one wonder why we're hearing about it in a comment section on the internet?  It doesn't help that despite you noting that no one is 'acknowledging' this crystal pyramid, like its existence has already been shown, that the link you chose to provide concerns Egyptian pyramids and not this crystal one.  What evidence for the crystal pyramid is going unacknowledged?

New species, new ruins, terrestrial pyramids, are all known to exist, so I don't think it's blowing anyone's mind, and I don't know why you would then be using it in a comparison to underwater crystal pyramids which are obviously in an entirely different category.

For me the best explanation is methane pockets releasing on the ocean floor as this would cause ships to lose buoyancy and would form methane plumes that would have aircraft dropping from the sky. But magic is a cool reason too.

• Like 1

Edit: by the way since you said you couldn' find factual evidence of the 'supposed magnetic anomalies' of pyramids, here is a link I found if for you. It was pretty tough I just you know typed it into Google. https://www.google.com/amp/s/phys.org/news/2018-07-reveals-great-pyramid-giza-focus.amp  

Now equate these findings to a pyramid made of crystal submerged in salt water. And relate it to the spinning compasses and navigation anomalies reported around Bermuda. Now do you get why I brought it up?

The article isn't about anomalies. It is showing the properties of the pyramid using known physics. The results are not from testing at Giza, but are based on numerical modeling.

The numbers at the top of each picture are wavelengths, the lambda symbol, and the wavelengths are in meters. These are long wavelengths in the AM part of electromagnetic spectrum.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medium_frequency

There was a 3 part documentry on the Bermuds Triangle, in the last part they talked about hurricanes. It seemed that hurricanes increase in speed or somethinf in this region

On 8/2/2018 at 1:56 AM, NicoletteS said:

never heard about this glass pyramid before.. always found the triangle interesting.. since i was a kid and was facinated by the In Search Of series hosted by Leonard Nimoy 

if you can point towards info on this pyramid would be interested.. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 10:34 AM, TripGun said:

For me the best explanation is methane pockets releasing on the ocean floor as this would cause ships to lose buoyancy and would form methane plumes that would have aircraft dropping from the sky. But magic is a cool reason too.

Yes, when I first heard about the methane I had one of those "ah-hah" moments. It would explain a lot. 

• Thanks 1

On 04/08/2018 at 4:01 PM, DingoLingo said:

never heard about this glass pyramid before.. always found the triangle interesting.. since i was a kid and was facinated by the In Search Of series hosted by Leonard Nimoy 

if you can point towards info on this pyramid would be interested.. 

If I remember correctly, the HMS Titanic sank after striking a giant floating pyramid made entirely from ice crystals! :su

• Haha 1

Putting forth a proclamation this (myth or fact) is "solved" by an 'idea' is pretty poor.