Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Glitched Out: Cases of Disappearing Keys

rashore

It’s the strangest thing when you mysteriously lose an item, only for it to reappear in a location you swear you’ve already checked five times.

Maybe you blame forgetfulness. Maybe you think you just missed it, and perhaps owe your eye doctor a visit. However, there’s also a more extraordinary explanation, if you are so inclined.

In paranormal circles, it’s known as disappearing object phenomenon (DOP). This is a broad term, and encapsulates a number of otherworldly causes for objects going missing — paranormal entities borrowing your stuff, items blinking out of existence, and even tears in the fabric of space and time.

Or a computer glitch.

That’s right: You may, right now, be nothing more than a collection of bits existing in some kind of cosmic computer software. When something inexplicably vanishes only to rematerialize in its usual spot a few minutes, a few hours, or even a few days later, you might have just experienced a temporary hiccup in the universal simulation we call our reality.

https://www.strangerdimensions.com/2018/07/25/glitched-out-unusual-cases-of-disappearing-keys/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

It's really entertaining how some people think up the most outlandish explanations for something as simple as human error X-D

• Like 1

I swear there's a laptop of mine in one of those strange dimensions.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Whoever lives in those strange dimensions...

they really like single socks and remotes.

And of course, keys that don't open anything they have.

Edited by ChaosRose
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I know where the keys are.

They're in the freezer behind the frozen banana guacamole...

WAIT! 

Who STOLE the frozen banana guacamole????

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, ChaosRose said:

AYE ! they must love practical jokes the strange thing is that they never steal a pair of socks they always steal just one single sock.. maybe they had something to do with my missing ID which I didn't know I was missing util i was going to collect my post today at the post office. "Oh is this your ID card? you left it here last time and we have tried to contact you.."..yep it was mine i should get a lottery ticket.

Edited by Avalanche

At least they seem to have sound taste in socks.. they always seem to leave the one with the hole in it behind, and take the good one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

Reminiscent of this Twilight Zone story

Yeah, I watched that episode last winter. I'm glad they got away, but wonder where he wanted to take them instead. The blue men are scary with no expression.

• Like 2

DOP.

If it has an acronym it is a real thing, right?

:) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Really this whole thing reminds me of a thread I once saw on a different forum where somebody insisted "their native/original timeline had merged into ours"  because he remembered Australia being further away from Papua-New Guinea and insisted some naval battle in World War II couldn't have taken place with those two places this close together... Really t's just humans remembering things wrong all the time.
Or when people insist similar supernatural reasons because they dismembered a movie title or the name of a children's book.

23 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

They probably have a fetish for those things. So yeah, don't think about where that remote might have been the next time it "re-materializes" ;)

• Like 1

I recently had an odd case of vanishing items.

I moved from Boston to Detroit, and shipped a number of items to my new house. These items included 4 champagne glasses, which I can vividly remember wrapping in a bed sheet so they wouldn't break. When the box arrived, only 1 champagne glass was in there, and it was broken. The other 3 were missing, and there wasn't any broken glass in the box.

I suppose someone could have stolen them, but they weren't valuable, and it was a large box, full of other items. I don't really know what to make of it!

On ‎01‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 5:12 PM, rashore said:

I had a strange experience today.

I woke up this morning totally knackered (I dont know why as I got a good nights sleep as far as I know). In my knackered state I was kind of minimal thinking and the only thought was go to the toilet. I looked up and my bedroom door was open. This annoyed me as I had no clothes on. I looked back to close it and it was closed. Strange.

Is this my brain not working properly when I wakeup or is it the trance state I was in? Did the annoyance combined with the trance state alter reality to one where the door was closed? Crazy.

I remember this old horror movie where that guy from Cheers was a maintenance man or something and he stumbled on an alternate reality. 

He was like..yeah, you've got your standard alternate reality here.

Something like that, and was totally nonchalant about it.

I think the movie was called House. 

Anyway, it was pretty funny and this reminded me of it. 

Ha...he was an electrician...

Edited by ChaosRose