Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

MO's Castle House -Buy It If You Dare!

rashore

The owners of the historic Castle House in Brumley, MO, have taken what is usually considered a negative for any home—its reputation for being haunted—and turned it into a positive. Billed as the Haunted Castle House, it's currently operating as a ghost-themed B&B, offering both ghost tours and overnight stays.

The property has even earned the title of "most haunted house in the Midwest." If you're going to live in a haunted house, why not have it be the most haunted?

The four-bedroom, two-bath house, built in 1850 by Dr. Walter Dixon, is called the Castle House, thanks to its unusual building style. It was inspired by a home Dr. Dixon saw in London, and its walls are made of thick, poured concrete (now clad in siding). It includes a 30-foot turret and a staircase that the good doctor had shipped from the United Kingdom.

https://www.sfgate.com/realestate/article/missouri-castle-house-midwest-haunted-Brumley-13082545.php

• Like 4

I'd live in a haunted house in a minute!

Naturally one guest room reserved for UM members ... but please mind the glowing girl with no face who floats down the halls. 

ghost1-smiley-face.gif?1302011369

peurlarge.gif

• Like 3

It could do with a repainting inside, never been all that into "miserably taupe" or "screaming fits scarlet", but, it seems alright. 120k? eh...poured concrete walls is a plus. OK. Fair enough for someone, but I will probably stay in my old 120 year farmhouse on the river here. Just not a Midwest kind of person, I think.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, The Caspian Hare said:

I'd live in a haunted house in a minute!

Naturally one guest room reserved for UM members ... but please mind the glowing girl with no face who floats down the halls. 

ghost1-smiley-face.gif?1302011369

peurlarge.gif

I'd totally be that permanent guest in a heartbeat

• Like 1