Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

‘We are Q’: A deranged conspiracy cult leaps

ExpandMyMind

On Tuesday evening, the dark recesses of the Internet lit up with talk of politics.

“Tampa rally, live coverage,” wrote “Dan,” posting a link to President Trump’s Tampa speech in a thread on 8chan, an anonymous image board also known as Infinitechan or Infinitychan, which might be best described as the unglued twin of better-known 4chan, a message board already untethered from reality.

The thread invited “requests to Q,” an anonymous user claiming to be a government agent with top security clearance, waging war against the so-called deep state in service to the 45th president. “Q” feeds disciples, or “bakers,” scraps of intelligence, or “bread crumbs,” that they scramble to bake into an understanding of the “storm” — the community’s term, drawn from Trump’s cryptic reference last year to “the calm before the storm”— for the president’s final conquest over elites, globalists and deep-state saboteurs.

Their deranged conspiracy theories end up on here every few days. It's actually quite worrying that these beliefs are becoming more mainstream.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

anyone who doesn't believe in deep-state saboteurs is stubbornly refusing to believe what's been staring them in the face for years now. 

• Like 5

"We are Q." In England it would be "We are in a Q(ueue)"!

Image result for rolling about laughing gifI know, I know ...... I shouldn't laugh at my own jokes. Sorry.  

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, ExpandMyMind said:

It's actually quite worrying that these beliefs are becoming more mainstream.

Not to cause you more worry, but is it possible that all of this attention the media (and you) are bringing to a "conspiracy theory" will actually result in MORE folks buying into it?

And since you brought it up, can you explain (I really don't know the answer) what exactly the "conspiracy" part is all about?  Who are the conspirators here?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, hacktorp said:

Not to cause you more worry, but is it possible that all of this attention the media (and you) are bringing to a "conspiracy theory" will actually result in MORE folks buying into it?

And since you brought it up, can you explain (I really don't know the answer) what exactly the "conspiracy" part is all about?  Who are the conspirators here?

You're asking me when you seem to have a direct line to the actual fantasies that Q posts? I mean you post them quite often. You posted from what I thought was 4chan, but perhaps it was actually 8chan? They have the same format, yeah?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

You're asking me when you seem to have a direct line to the actual fantasies that Q posts? I mean you post them quite often. You posted from what I thought was 4chan, but perhaps it was actually 8chan? They have the same format, yeah?

I don't know anything about what 4chan/8chan is/are, so it sounds like you're ahead of me there.  I've heard what some people are saying about this Qanon having a connection to Trump, but they mostly say any conspiracy has to do with attempts to bring Trump down.  Is that the "conspiracy" referred to in the article?  Or is the article suggesting the Q thing is itself a conspiracy?  Kinda confusing.

Also, is the media saying this Qanon IS connected to Trump?  Or are they saying people have been DUPED into believing Trump has something to do with Qanon, when in fact he doesn't?

I've read some of these articles today, and while they come across as alarming, they don't really make much sense.  What do you think?

Edited by hacktorp

20 minutes ago, hacktorp said:

I don't know anything about what 4chan/8chan is/are, so it sounds like you're ahead of me there.  I've heard what some people are saying about this Qanon having a connection to Trump, but they mostly say any conspiracy has to do with attempts to bring Trump down.  Is that the "conspiracy" referred to in the article?  Or is the article suggesting the Q thing is itself a conspiracy?  Kinda confusing.

Also, is the media saying this Qanon IS connected to Trump?  Or are they saying people have been DUPED into believing Trump has something to do with Qanon, when in fact he doesn't?

I've read some of these articles today, and while they come across as alarming, they don't really make much sense.  What do you think?

I think there has been some confusion. The 'conspiracy' in the headline doesn't refer to an actual conspiracy. It means that the 'cult' is a cult of conspiracy theories. Basically they churn out conspiracy theory after conspiracy theory, therfore have been referred to as a 'conspiracy cult'.

As far as I know, no one has tried to connect Qanon to Trump. Trump hasn't mentioned him directly. Q says he is an insider high up in the government, and for some reason nutjobs believe his theories. 

You, whether you are aware or not, have posted some yourself. Regularly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Q says he is an insider high up in the government, and for some reason nutjobs believe his theories.

I see.  So rather than directly challenging this Qanon's credibility, the media has decided instead to attack the people who believe Qanon is a legitimate source of information.  That seems counter-intuitive...unless the media has no other option.  Interesting, to say the least.

All in all, it is remarkable that an all-out, coordinated media blitz, such as happened today, would be aimed at mere "nutjobs".  Unprecedented, in fact.  Something is up.

• Like 3

One major problem with these kinds of groups and people is the fact that their false claims often hurt real claims. For instance, they may claim that a cabal of Disney executives have a stable of sex slaves, which makes people doubt that Russian mobsters force women into the sex trade. My main problem is that false accusations ruin lives, and no political views will protect you from this fact of life. All of that said, one would have to be an ostrich to deny that there are many questionable "shenanigans" in many spheres of public life.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, hacktorp said:

I see.  So rather than directly challenging this Qanon's credibility, the media has decided instead to attack the people who believe Qanon is a legitimate source of information.  That seems counter-intuitive...unless the media has no other option.  Interesting, to say the least.

All in all, it is remarkable that an all-out, coordinated media blitz, such as happened today, would be aimed at mere "nutjobs".  Unprecedented, in fact.  Something is up.

Qanon claims to be a high level insider who knows what is really going on, and then posts stories about Hillary and Chelsea Clinton hiding home detention ankle bracelets under medical orthotic boots. A brief moment of skeptical analysis of those claims, shows how extrodinarily unlikely they were. and a complete lack of evidence for those claims made it even more bizzarre that people just believed it.

This one story shows that, the chances of Qanon actually having any form of insider knowledge, instead of just making things up in a similar way to how charlatan psychics work, is pretty unlikely. 

In short Qanon is a poor source for information, and those who can not look skeptically at the claims of anyone, without real evidence, those who swalow this sort of thing hook, line, and sinker are the group most responsible for spreading dis-information. Dragging people unwillingly down the rabbit hole. Thier belief is a  problem that does exist, in my opinion.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

It seems like people are trying to create their own alternate reality where the things they want to believe are true. 

It's just that when someone makes false claims against people, that's not without consequences. 

It's possible that "Q" is well aware of that, too. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, hacktorp said:

I haven't seen the media saying they are connected to Trump, or that Trump has anything to do with them.  They are just supporting him.  As if, somehow, there is some crazy deep state against Trump, but failed to stop him from getting elected.  It just makes no sense.  Some truly believe that if you expose the Russia investigation, Trump doesn't get elected.  Considering what his supporters were saying (you can't vote for someone under FBI) investigation, I don't think that's a bad way of thinking.  Yet, the "deep state" kept the investigation a secret.  There is no deep state.  People can't keep secrets.  It's human nature to blab about power.  

• Like 2

What's crazzzzzy... Is seeing die hard lefties posting conspiracy theories along with the fake news media claiming they know what's going on in the State of the Greatest nation ever recorded in the history of man kind!

What's obviously going on is America... The land of the free.. the Beacon of Freedom is thriving like a hornet's nest led by the promoter of truth and dignity to those who truly appreciate American values!

Like him or hate on him he represents you!  

God bless America and the great State of Israel!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Kismit said:

This one story shows that, the chances of Qanon actually having any form of insider knowledge, instead of just making things up in a similar way to how charlatan psychics work, is pretty unlikely. 

Okay, but didn't a few of those Qanon posts include some near-real time photos from inside Air Force One on their way to Singapore?

Pretty mean feat for a trickster, wouldn't you agree?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, acidhead said:

What's crazzzzzy... Is seeing die hard lefties posting conspiracy theories along with the fake news media claiming they know what's going on in the State of the Greatest nation ever recorded in the history of man kind!

What's obviously going on is America... The land of the free.. the Beacon of Freedom is thriving like a hornet's nest led by the promoter of truth and dignity to those who truly appreciate American values!

What is wrong with you? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

44 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

What is wrong with you? 

You'll figure it out.. 

Hopefully!

2 hours ago, acidhead said:

Alert the media. I think we've found Qanon.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

The one and only thing I saw from the guy was a post that said “trust Sessions”. I’m all like, “nope.”

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

What is wrong with you? 

He’s upset that instead of a tubby, rude, Orange bully, his country is run by a skinny, dad dancing, lefty twerp.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

He’s upset that instead of a tubby, rude, Orange bully, his country is run by a skinny, dad dancing, lefty twerp.

Even so, I'd swap our twerp for their twerp any day :D..

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I'm not familiar with this person or their claims but it seems a bit reaching to call anything you don't like conspiracy without actually being aware of facts or why your indoctrination calls for such. Now I want to see what it is that was found so threatening and damaging. I've noticed however that the word conspiracy is widely overused now and has been used excessively to describe any information that people would prefer to deny rather than actual conspiracies. Definitely drinks on insanity the naievity involved in actually believing what mainstream media and offcials tell you despite the plentiful attempts to mislead the public at every turn. Most of the things that have come to light are still called conspiracies and believed to be of that nature by the majority of the public and that is what' more alarming to me.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, NicoletteS said:

I'm not familiar with this person or their claims but it seems a bit reaching to call anything you don't like conspiracy without actually being aware of facts or why your indoctrination calls for such. Now I want to see what it is that was found so threatening and damaging. I've noticed however that the word conspiracy is widely overused now and has been used excessively to describe any information that people would prefer to deny rather than actual conspiracies. Definitely drinks on insanity the naievity involved in actually believing what mainstream media and offcials tell you despite the plentiful attempts to mislead the public at every turn. Most of the things that have come to light are still called conspiracies and believed to be of that nature by the majority of the public and that is what' more alarming to me.

The reason 'conspiracy' appears to be overused these days is thanks to the proliferation of yes, you guessed it, conspiracy theories.

It's never difficult to question the veracity of conspiracy theories as they are always so blatantly false, only an idiot would believe them. And to  illustrate just how idiotic QAnon supporters are, they believe that Mueller and Trump are working together to take down a cabal of deep-state plotters and pedophiles. They also believe that John Kennedy Jr. faked his death to avoid the deep-state cabal and to help Trump with his campaign. Some even believe Kennedy is Q.

So who were you calling naive and insane again?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Astra. said:

Even so, I'd swap our twerp for their twerp any day :D..

Our shower of Wallys are a parade of saints compared to other shower of Wallys around the world.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

The reason 'conspiracy' appears to be overused these days is thanks to the proliferation of yes, you guessed it, conspiracy theories.

It's never difficult to question the veracity of conspiracy theories as they are always so blatantly false, only an idiot would believe them. And to  illustrate just how idiotic QAnon supporters are, they believe that Mueller and Trump are working together to take down a cabal of deep-state plotters and pedophiles. They also believe that John Kennedy Jr. faked his death to avoid the deep-state cabal and to help Trump with his campaign. Some even believe Kennedy is Q.

So who were you calling naive and insane again?

Well your illustration isn't a conspiracy. I was aware of trumps attacks on sex traffickers as he quietly took down the sex industry in an attack on child traffickers. That' not a conspiracy I am well aware of what he' been doing and the fact that the media is silent about it. Kennedy tho wtf? Who am I calling naive is this a joke? Look at the string of facts trailed into nonsense you just put together. Perfectly illustrates my point. Anything people don' want to believe just gets twisted into a bunch of nonsense and called a conspiracy... no need to acknowledge that half the "conspiracies" are facts that somebody would prefer weren't mentioned, just smear them together with dope fiend talk and pretend that renders them untrue...

Anyways you are taking a similar approach by responding to my statement with a strawman rather than acknowledging what was actually said. I was just pointing out that on average most of the things that have been recently declassified or I have seen the patents for are called conspiracies and anybody that acknowledges them categorized as a nutter... and then it' smeared with some nonsense like you demonstrated. It is a factual observation. This is a commonly used deception tool for the naive and easy to confuse and trick such as yourself. Anybody who actually looks into things rather than lazily buying into the deception can see it.

Here's a random but common example... I get called a conspiracist if I say that NASA sprayed lithium into our atmosphere. Never mind that there is a page about it on the NASA website. That is indoctrination and it's rampant. Akin the sticking your fingers in your ears and saying la la la everytime your hear something you don' like. I could go on as this happens excessively in this country but I have a feeling you aren't wise enough to realize that I'm not talking about q as I still haven't read about him or cared to.

Edited by Nnicolette
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1