Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

‘We are Q’: A deranged conspiracy cult leaps

ExpandMyMind

7 hours ago, bee said:
10 hours ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

You got examples to show for that?

yeah.... the coordinated psychological hate campaign against President Trump and Alex Jones ...
that uses emotions and feelings and Perception Management to manipulate people ..

there are hundreds ( thousands?) of examples of that but you will have to start noticing them for yourself...

or not...it's up to you...

but thanks for the reply anyway :) 

:hmm:  

Let me ask that question again, but with a few added words. 

You got examples to show for that, that shows me your points I will believe you for?

I actually enjoy searching the net, books, watching programs and getting the answers I want and need. I thought, if you want me to see your points, you would do the work for yourself, to show how serious your points are. 

there are hundreds ( thousands?) of examples of that but you will have to start noticing them for yourself...

I'm sure there is. I also feel, there are also (thousands) of examples that will have me noticing things for myself that is the opposite of what you say. Plus, the sites and sources of where things come from, it could be bias, and I would think you would want an unbiased source to show your points are real and understandable. In other words, having someone else do the work for you, can backfire on you. It actually did for one poster, I think here years ago, that kept screaming for everyone to look for themselves for examples and sources to points and statements she said. I ended up posting links to sources that said the exact opposite to what she was stating about. 

You see what I am saying? It's not that, I want to believe you. I'm assuming, you want me to believe you. I don't have to, especially if I don't see sources backing up statements. Do you want me to believe you? Do you want me to understand what you are trying to say with your statement? 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Myles said:

Is this the flat Earth thread?

Down the hallway, to the left through another hallway, and your next three doors to the right. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

Down the hallway, to the left through another hallway, and your next three doors to the right. 

I thought this was a silly conspiracy thread?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Myles said:
1 hour ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

Well, why didn't you say so in the first place?!?

That's two doors down on the left! :ph34r:  

:D  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Honestly, hands up if you ever heard of QAnon before Tuesday?  I never heard of it until a liberal friend of mine came to me foaming at the mouth about the world ending because all Trump supporters follow this QAnon guy and believe everything he says.  Sound like BS to me. Just more emotional panicking from the left end of the spectrum.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Honestly, hands up if you ever heard of QAnon before Tuesday?  I never heard of it until a liberal friend of mine came to me foaming at the mouth about the world ending because all Trump supporters follow this QAnon guy and believe everything he says.  Sound like BS to me. Just more emotional panicking from the left end of the spectrum.

Yeah, there was some mention on this very forum.  Some of the stuff Ella posted was from QAnon. 

I most certainly had never heard of it/him/her until this thread was started. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Myles said:

It's a thread about silly conspiracy theories.

Edited by ExpandMyMind

9 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Hands up here.. QAnon topics/comments have been floating around here since last December.

2 minutes ago, rashore said:

Hands up here.. QAnon topics/comments have been floating around here since last December.

I've never heard of it or seen one of these threads.  But I rarely visit the conspiracy theory section.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OverSword said:

I've never heard of it or seen one of these threads.  But I rarely visit the conspiracy theory section.

Yeah, it's mostly CT. A little action in the politics threads like this topic was started in politics instead of the CT section. I haven't read though all of the stuff, but it seems like mostly random ambiguous whateverness. I remember there was a nutter who was claiming to be QAnon, or maybe just the regular Anon guy- but I can't remember if it was here on UM or somewhere else I saw that.

It seems to be the trend of the last couple years or so of political CT's rather than some of the more fun ones. Well, except Illuminati, that one is always popular too. I kind of miss the old school CT's of rock stars dying young curses and Stephen King shooting John Lennon varieties.

• Like 3

Okay I went to the conspiracy section and found a thread about it.  Here is a quote.

The reality is this is the most dangerous conspiracy theory of our time. As someone who has been following this somewhat closely for a while now its really stunning not just how desperately detached from reality Q and his followers are but how often pieces of the conspiracy mongering which starts there ends up being parroted in the right wing's more legitimate media sources. 

The hatred and misinformation which is fomented through Q has set the stage for a percentage of our society to have the necessary tools to wholly invent their own reality fully independent of facts, logic or decency. 

Now that Q's own posts have started to resemble the desperate lashing out nature of Trump's tweets I have to wonder is this just some neckbeard in his moms basement or if Q's followers are right and he really is someone embedded with Trump - or the man himself. 

That's from Farmer, one of our more liberal minded colleagues.  So he seems fairly well versed and calls it "one of the most dangerous conspiracy theory of our time"  So far I have seen no evidence to counter my initial impression that q Anon is a tool to panic liberals that conservatives are dangerous idiots who will believe anything because....Trump.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, rashore said:

I kind of miss the old school CT's of rock stars dying young curses and Stephen King shooting John Lennon varieties.

Stephen King killed John Lennon?  SWINE!

• Haha 1

Just now, OverSword said:

Stephen King killed John Lennon?  SWINE!

Lol, you hadn't heard of that one before? Apparently King shot Lennon, and convinced Chapman to be his dupe/body double and go to jail for the crime.

Ah, the good ole CT days, hehehehe.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Okay I went to the conspiracy section and found a thread about it.  Here is a quote.

That's from Farmer, one of our more liberal minded colleagues.  So he seems fairly well versed and calls it "one of the most dangerous conspiracy theory of our time"  So far I have seen no evidence to counter my initial impression that q Anon is a tool to panic liberals that conservatives are dangerous idiots who will believe anything because....Trump.

The whole Pizzagate conspiracy theory shows just how dangerous these ideas can be when weak-minded people who are already looking for an excuse to hate - Qanon's initial target audience - are fed these dangerous theories. 

This isn't the usual fun illuminati-type stories. Many of them are specifically designed to promote hate and violence, and target a subset of poorly educated people who are susceptible to those traits.

• Like 2

Why More Democrats Are Now Embracing Conspiracy Theories

Even as Democrats decry the false claims streaming regularly from the White House, they appear to have become more vulnerable to unsupported claims and conspiracy theories that flatter their own political prejudices. The reason isn’t just that a Republican now occupies the White House. Political psychology research suggests that losing political control can make people more vulnerable to misinformation and conspiracy theories.

Before the election, supporters of Donald J. Trump were the main audiencefor fake news stories. Mr. Trump shattered previous norms against making easily disprovable falsehoods in his public statements (including that he opposed the Iraq war from the beginning and that President Obama was not born in this country), and he paid little political price among his supporters.

cont...

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/15/upshot/why-more-democrats-are-now-embracing-conspiracy-theories.html

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Someone early in this thread pointed out with a link that pizzgate was not credited to q anaon. 

Someone early in this thread pointed out with a link that pizzgate was not credited to q anaon. 

I was saying they are of the same vein.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, rashore said:
30 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Yeah, it's mostly CT. A little action in the politics threads like this topic was started in politics instead of the CT section. I haven't read though all of the stuff, but it seems like mostly random ambiguous whateverness. I remember there was a nutter who was claiming to be QAnon, or maybe just the regular Anon guy- but I can't remember if it was here on UM or somewhere else I saw that.

It seems to be the trend of the last couple years or so of political CT's rather than some of the more fun ones. Well, except Illuminati, that one is always popular too. I kind of miss the old school CT's of rock stars dying young curses and Stephen King shooting John Lennon varieties.

I knew it!!!

:blink:  

Uhhhhhh, I don't really think that! :o  

Well, anyways, the way I see these CT media and news groups, is how I saw the 'news' being reported by such sources like 'The National Enquirer'  and such. I came to my own conclusion of how I should trust news sources like 'The Enquirer' when reading an article in it (I was waiting to get my hair down in a salon. It was sitting there.) about one celebrity and something happening to them and how it sensationalized an accident as being a self-inflicted situation, and then later on, watching a news program (one I believed to be reputable) on saying that the accident was really an accident. I picked up on this, and noticed these papers were twisting the truth or untruths a bit. 

I feel this is happening now, but with these up from the underground CT groups. What concerns me, is that I see more people believe this, then those I have noticed who believed in such published things like "The Enquirer". :no:  

You know, I may have just out of the side of my mouth spoke about the FCC earlier, but I am curious of various groups like the FCC feel about fake news groups and such. 

6 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

I was saying they are of the same vein.

I wouldn't go over to 4chan or 8chan to find out.  Good way to get a virus if you ask me ;)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I wouldn't go over to 4chan or 8chan to find out.  Good way to get a virus if you ask me ;)

From what I've heard, those boards are disgusting.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, OverSword said:

That someone was me, but it was in reference to a false claim about a certain Hillary Clinton and Huma Abedin video.

The problem with QAnon is that it has combined numerous conspiracy theories (including Pizzagate) to create one huge conspiracy with pedophilia at the core of it. That's what makes it so dangerous.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

That someone was me, but it was in reference to a false claim about a certain Hillary Clinton and Huma Abedin video.

The problem with QAnon is that it has combined numerous conspiracy theories (including Pizzagate) to create one huge conspiracy with pedophilia at the core of it. That's what makes it so dangerous.

And yet many former child stars claim to have been groomed to be the playthings of influential pedophiles, Corey Feldman being the most recent victim that comes to mind.  I don't really doubt that there are some messed up powerful people and I would be shocked if some weren't pedophiles.  I read an article about study from a university a couple of years ago that concluded that pedophilia is more common as a condition than the general public believe it is but is mostly suppressed.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

And yet many former child stars claim to have been groomed to be the playthings of influential pedophiles, Corey Feldman being the most recent victim that comes to mind.  I don't really doubt that there are some messed up powerful people and I would be shocked if some weren't pedophiles.  I read an article about study from a university a couple of years ago that concluded that pedophilia is more common as a condition than the general public believe it is but is mostly suppressed.

I agree but that's a far cry from what QAnon is claiming. According to their conspiracy theory, the Mueller investigation is a smokescreen whereby Mueller and Trump are working together to root out the murderous, Satanic, pedophilic deep state.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

I agree but that's a far cry from what QAnon is claiming. According to their conspiracy theory, the Mueller investigation is a smokescreen whereby Mueller and Trump are working together to root out the murderous, Satanic, pedophilic deep state.

Oh, that's true.  I was in a conference call with both of them last Friday. 

• Haha 2