Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

‘We are Q’: A deranged conspiracy cult leaps

ExpandMyMind

This is the Washington Post CONCLUDING that a large (and growing) section of the US population are followers of a "deranged conspiracy cult".

DjnJrm4UcAAkBsG.jpg

And here is that same Washington Post describing creepy Seagrams heiress Clare Bronfman, who was arrested and released on $100 million bond, as a member of an "alleged cult".

NXIVM is an actual cult...and much worse.

DjnJrm5VAAAt8TI.jpg

This is a clear example of MSM showing bias in favor of hideously sick criminals and bias against everyday American citizens.

The MSM ARE the enemy of the American people.  And the American people know it.

Edited by hacktorp
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, hacktorp said:

This is a clear example of MSM showing bias in favor of hideously sick criminals and bias against everyday American citizens.

I wouldn't put conspiracy theorist fanatics and every day American citizens in the same category.

• Like 6

Just now, Kittens Are Jerks said:

I wouldn't put conspiracy theorist fanatics and every day American citizens in the same category.

Good for you.

However, it is the mainstream media (Washington Post) that is doing just exactly that.

• Like 2

Here is a conspiracy theory for you.  Anti-Trumpers went to a Trump rally wearing Qanon shirts to discredit Trump supporters.

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I don't get the joke.  Do you really not know who that is?

I've never watched Star Trek. So I only know him from Breaking Bad. It wasn't a joke...but a general wonderment because I had never seen him in anything else to my knowledge.

• Like 1

Just now, Robotic Jew said:

I've never watched Star Trek. So I only know him from Breaking Bad. It wasn't a joke...but a general wonderment because I had never seen him in anything else to my knowledge.

Which is odd, as he’s one of those people eho’ve been in pretty much everything.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, hacktorp said:

Good for you.

However, it is the mainstream media (Washington Post) that is doing just exactly that.

I've read the Post's article and it's not doing exactly that at all. If anything, you have completely misrepresented their conclusions.

Indeed, you've misrepresented both articles to make a point that's not based on any reality.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, GlitterRose said:

It seems like people are trying to create their own alternate reality where the things they want to believe are true. 

That's a great description of the Resistance. It fits Antifa extremely well too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, OverSword said:

Here is a conspiracy theory for you.  Anti-Trumpers went to a Trump rally wearing Qanon shirts to discredit Trump supporters.

I don't think that's the case, but it's possible. Planted "White supremacists" infiltrated conservative groups in the past, so I wouldn't put it past them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, and then said:

Oh, my.  You just described the millions of faithful MSM consumers with glazed eyes and digital pitchforks...

And you just immediately jumped on the for or against bandwagon wich is damaging the ability of people to be able to get out of the rabbit hole. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Kismit said:

And you just immediately jumped on the for or against bandwagon wich is damaging the ability of people to be able to get out of the rabbit hole. 

You won't escape the proverbial rabbit hole by watching the Democratic propaganda news outlets, which are just as untrustworthy as Alex Jones. One skewed version of reality is not better than the next one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Witch doctaaaaahhh...

Witch doctaaaaahhh...

Ya see...that guy in the middle is Q, and those drones are his followers.

Except he's actually sending them out to do harm. 

Edited by GlitterRose

Conspiracy theories are for losers. QAnon is no exception.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/posteverything/wp/2018/08/02/conspiracy-theories-are-for-losers-qanon-is-no-exception/

Interesting opinion piece on why so many Trump supporters embrace conspiracy theories in spite of the fact that theirs is the winning team. The gist of the authour's theory is that it's Trump supporters' way of reconciling the gulf between expectations and realty. Specifically:

[D]espite his bombast, Trump has often failed to deliver for his most zealous supporters. Trade wars are neither good nor easy to win. There is no wall, and Mexico isn’t paying for it. Obamacare hasn’t been repealed. Overall, we aren’t tired of winning.

By building their own reality. Political scientist David Karpf argues that the appeal of QAnon looks like that of an “alternate-reality game.” In the Q continuum, Trump prevails against quasi-demonic enemies to protect the innocent despite the complicity of the media. That’s a lot better than watching him be outplayed by Kim Jong Un.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Paranormal Panther said:

You won't escape the proverbial rabbit hole by watching the Democratic propaganda news outlets, which are just as untrustworthy as Alex Jones. One skewed version of reality is not better than the next one.

I know this. But nobody can crawl out of the rabbit hole, if when somebody makes a statement pointing out sources which lack evidence are not reliable sources. Others immediately jump to the conclusion that the only alternative is mind control media. 

Not all mainstream media is bad and at least it is vetted  and fact checked. In fact the whole premise of being in the public eye makes it more susceptible to scrutiny than the fringe outlets. 

Skeptical analysis of all sources.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Paranormal Panther said:

No one is as untrustworthy as Alex Jones.

That's a false equivalency. 

There are respectable news outlets trying to convey the truth, and demonizing all of them only gets us State TV. 

• Like 3

Just now, Kismit said:

I know this. But nobody can crawl out of the rabbit hole, if when somebody makes a statement pointing out sources which lack evidence are not reliable sources. Others immediately jump to the conclusion that you the only alternative is mind control media. 

Not all mainstream media is bad and at least it is vetted  and fact checked. In fact the whole premise of being in the public eye makes it more susceptible to scrutiny than the fringe outlets. 

Skeptical analysis of all sources.

The MSM routinely air unvetted misinformation. Hence the long strings of corrections and retractions. That's not to mention faulty sources who have their own axes to grind. Some news personalities (Ross immediately comes to mind) got forced "vacations" due to things like this.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, GlitterRose said:

No one is as untrustworthy as Alex Jones.

That's a false equivalency. 

There are respectable news outlets trying to convey the truth, and demonizing all of them only gets us State TV. 

It's true. The Democratic propaganda news outlets may even be worse because they lie to even more people. There's nothing respectable about them, and they "convey the truth" only when it supports issues and people that they favor. That's the way it is.

• Like 3

Just now, Paranormal Panther said:

It's true. The Democratic propaganda news outlets may even be worse because they lie to even more people. There's nothing respectable about them, and they "convey the truth" only when it supports issues and people that they favor. That's the way it is.

People who believe alt-right propaganda probably do believe everyone else is lying to them, except that they are the ones being lied to. 

And whipped up into a frenzy of hatred. 

This is what autocrats do. 

It's why they demonize legit media sources.

They don't want anyone to know the truth. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Paranormal Panther said:

The MSM routinely air unvetted misinformation. Hence the long strings of corrections and retractions. That's not to mention faulty sources who have their own axes to grind. Some news personalities (Ross immediately comes to mind) got forced "vacations" due to things like this.

Yes. They are held accountable for thier misinformation.  Qanon are not..

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Kismit said:

at least it is vetted  and fact checked.

That's the thing with an increasing amount of it, Kismit, journalistic standards have CRATERED.  The first six to nine months of Trump's presidency the words "anonymous" or "unnamed" sources were the predominant means of pushing an agenda - without PROOF.  Several of those stories had to be retracted and later on, even when lies were proven they didn't bother to retract.  IMO, any journalist that writes for an editor or owner and intentionally skews facts for the sake of their career is a despicable individual, deserving of scorn by the public.  I'm speaking of those who have a flair for reporting the fact that water is wet but convincing people it's actually dry.  They are the 5th column in this country and a day may come when they're too frightened to even act like they're actually out in the world gathering facts to report.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:
6 hours ago, OverSword said:

I don't get the joke.  Do you really not know who that is?

I think he's talking about Jessica Jones.

And that's all the breadcrumbs you're getting!

Wait! Was John DeLancie on Jessica Jones?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Paranormal Panther said:

Agreed.  That door swings both ways.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, bee said:

if you are really interested in getting the whole picture you will have to watch this...

Alex Jones Final Statement on Sandy Hook

I really tried to watch that whole video, (which has some of the same footage that was in the video I posted), ((And, I actually did go back to watch the rest.) but it was to me, more of just making accusations. I'm sorry, but to me, that doesn't present the whole picture. The whole picture to what? The Sandy Hook story? I saw various information of that in various forms. 

The whole picture to Alex saying he is being manipulated? It just seems that whole video was showing how he thought it was all fake. I am not considering that as credible information. 

but I don't think you will.....

And you said that, why? 

and this thread is about Qanon...

I just mentioned how I think they might be jumping in, after I feel AJ seems to be busy with things he's being accused of. Interestingly, if you felt about continuing the thread about Qanon, maybe you shouldn't jumped in about AJ. 

but I responded to the usual knee jerk and
programmed reaction to AJ..

Knee Jerk? I mentioned how I felt about him. I never made any statements about him. I'm entitled to my feelings and opinions. I made mention it was my feelings. (Me: "And I do not trust infowars or what Alex Jones has to say. " "There is no way anyone can convince me of any good thoughts of AJ." ) You see, things I felt, thought, or feel as an opinion. Saying that I don't trust him, or that I don't have good thoughts about him, is not making statements. If they are knee jerk, (in which they are not) So what!

Look! I watched that video, (despite you felt I wouldn't. :rolleyes: ) I have watched videos of his before, just to really see him and what he's about. It got to the point, I can't stomach him and his videos. I figure, that I pretty much have the whole picture. It still doesn't convince me.

Ok. You're a fan! Ok, good for you. Doesn't mean that I have to be, or feel that I personally will give him a pass for what he says or does. 

That goes for the same how I feel about this Qanon. This really gets me. Like I have said before, there were times groups and people like this, were not as prolific or out in front in the news. To me, it was more underground. Now, it's not so much anymore. :no:  I worry about this and how we take in our news. I see a big problem with this. After Qanon, who's next?

What does the FCC have to say about this?

the machinations of a psychological operation designed to bamboozle people are a bit multi faceted
and can get complicated.... 

You got examples to show for that?

Edited by Stubbly_Dooright
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

You got examples to show for that?

yeah.... the coordinated psychological hate campaign against President Trump and Alex Jones ...
that uses emotions and feelings and Perception Management to manipulate people ..

there are hundreds ( thousands?) of examples of that but you will have to start noticing them for yourself...

or not...it's up to you...

but thanks for the reply anyway :) 

• Like 2