Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
UM-Bot

'Super-Earth' most likely candidate for life

62 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

seanjo

Right, now all we have to do is break the laws of physics, or invent a star drive.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Golden Duck

Spore drive 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Astra.

Well, hopefully in the not-too-distant future we'll know for certain whether microbial life exists or not in the sub-glacial lake that's already been discovered beneath the surface of Mars. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
L.A.T.1961

It might be more accurate to say that 452b would be a good place to look if it can be proven to exist. A recent study has suggested  there is about a 16% chance it is a real planetary body rather than a false positive result. 

 

https://arxiv.org/abs/1803.11307  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
1 hour ago, Golden Duck said:

Spore drive 

Still trying to wrap that around my head.........along with a ship design Gene rejected......

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nnicolette

abiogenesis zone - a region in which the planet is bathed in the correct type and level of ultraviolet radiation from its star to initiate the same types of chemical reactions that were believed to have kick-started life here on Earth.

to be honest this is a new concept to me. How exactly do we know what type and level of ultraviolet radiation it takes bro kickstart life? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
third_eye

I don't see no Super Moon ...

~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TripGun

Just need to make ready an absence engine that runs on darkness, then I realize what year it is and that such devices are not into existence yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
xratedmoralstory

FML.. great.. another so called planet we’ll never see in our lifetime. Who gives a flying *****? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TruthandKnowledge

I can't believe that in this day in age, trying to still decide if we are alone in the universe is a waste of discussion. How close minded and self absorbed can one be to seriously think that we are all that is out there. Especially with all the evidence of superior ancestors on THIS planet alone. Denying it is just delaying the inevitable and preventing proper growth as a race. ugh

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Imaginarynumber1
8 hours ago, NicoletteS said:

abiogenesis zone - a region in which the planet is bathed in the correct type and level of ultraviolet radiation from its star to initiate the same types of chemical reactions that were believed to have kick-started life here on Earth.

to be honest this is a new concept to me. How exactly do we know what type and level of ultraviolet radiation it takes bro kickstart life? 

Because we live on a planet where life exists

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Imaginarynumber1
1 hour ago, TruthandKnowledge said:

I can't believe that in this day in age, trying to still decide if we are alone in the universe is a waste of discussion. How close minded and self absorbed can one be to seriously think that we are all that is out there. Especially with all the evidence of superior ancestors on THIS planet alone. Denying it is just delaying the inevitable and preventing proper growth as a race. ugh

We has a sample size of 1 when it comes to planets with life. Hardly anyone says that there is no chance of other life. We simply do not know at this point. 

And no, ancient alien crap or "superior ancestors" or whatever does not count as evidence of anything

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
2 hours ago, TruthandKnowledge said:

Especially with all the evidence of superior ancestors on THIS planet alone.

What evidence?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Golden Duck
9 hours ago, Piney said:

Still trying to wrap that around my head.........along with a ship design Gene rejected......

As in Roddenberry?  Edict one the current producer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TruthandKnowledge
1 minute ago, Piney said:

What evidence?

Really? lol this whole site has a section dedication to ancient sites, buildings and monuments cut with such precision and on such a grand scale that even in this days age is difficult. And you want me to tell you where to look?  Am I missing something here?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
1 minute ago, Golden Duck said:

As in Roddenberry?  Edict one the current producer?

As in Roddenberry. I had the book he wrote when the first batch of movies came out and it contained all the concept art and what he thought of it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dejarma
2 hours ago, TruthandKnowledge said:

I can't believe that in this day in age, trying to still decide if we are alone in the universe is a waste of discussion. How close minded and self absorbed can one be to seriously think that we are all that is out there. Especially with all the evidence of superior ancestors on THIS planet alone. Denying it is just delaying the inevitable and preventing proper growth as a race. ugh

2

the usual confusion.. as always:

the existence of life elsewhere in this universe is not in question here-- where has anyone suggested we are alone in the universe?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
Just now, TruthandKnowledge said:

Really? lol this whole site has a section dedication to ancient sites, buildings and monuments cut with such precision and on such a grand scale that even in this days age is difficult. And you want me to tell you where to look?  Am I missing something here?

 Your talking to a Native American archaeology advisor.  What evidence specifically? 

Are you now going to tell me it wasn't us who built all that great stuff in South and Central America? 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dejarma
4 minutes ago, TruthandKnowledge said:

Am I missing something here?

yep

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Golden Duck
3 minutes ago, Piney said:

As in Roddenberry. I had the book he wrote when the first batch of movies came out and it contained all the concept art and what he thought of it. 

Sorry autocorrect got me on my previous post. So you're talking the older Roddenberry, the creator. Cool.

I was confused when I saw Gene Rodenberry as producer for Discovery.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TruthandKnowledge
10 minutes ago, Piney said:

 Your talking to a Native American archaeology advisor.  What evidence specifically? 

Are you now going to tell me it wasn't us who built all that great stuff in South and Central America? 

Why would I tell you that. Have I insinuated everything here was alien? No but I will insinuate that a lot of our past had extraterrestrial help or were much further advanced than we were. As for your title, it means nothing unless you actually practice your preach. 

 

As for evidence this site is filled with it. Not sure how much more you need. You must be the type who only believes with one sense. Your eyes. Can't believe I have to actually write some of these out when they're in plain site already. Anyways..

 

Sacsayhuaman - Would have required Lasers and Machines we don't have.

The 600 meters long sacsayhuaman wall have a zingzang structure. Each block of this wall weighs hundreds of tons. Sacsayhuaman wall protected famous archaeological tower named muyu marca, sala marca and paunca marca, also a temple related to sun.

Gobekli Tepe

 

Gobekli tepe is the oldest archaeological site in the world located in Turkey. This construction let you remind the high level artistic power of stone age people around 11000 years ago. The used lime stone pillars weighing 15 to 22 tons for making this construction, those are cut down from huge blocks of rocks.

 

 Moai Statues, Easter Island

Stone Hendge

Pyramids of Egypt etc etc..

 

How naïve can you be to say our ancestors were either more advanced on many levels OR were assisted by someone who was. There are only two logical answers. WTF.

 

 

 

Edited by TruthandKnowledge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dejarma
1 minute ago, TruthandKnowledge said:

Sacsayhuaman - Would have required Lasers and Machines we don't have.

so you're told= & you believe without question.. enjoy

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Astra.
2 hours ago, TruthandKnowledge said:

 Especially with all the evidence of superior ancestors on THIS planet alone. 

Please elaborate.

*Never mind...I just read your last post.

Edited by Astra.
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
6 minutes ago, TruthandKnowledge said:

 OR were assisted by someone who was.

Oh, so we were too stupid and backwards?

http://www.cusco-peru.info/sacsayhuaman.htm

Where did you get the "laser" part? 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.