Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Super-Earth' most likely candidate for life

UM-Bot

Well, hopefully in the not-too-distant future we'll know for certain whether microbial life exists or not in the sub-glacial lake that's already been discovered beneath the surface of Mars. 

• Like 3

It might be more accurate to say that 452b would be a good place to look if it can be proven to exist. A recent study has suggested  there is about a 16% chance it is a real planetary body rather than a false positive result. 

https://arxiv.org/abs/1803.11307  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Golden Duck said:

Spore drive 

Still trying to wrap that around my head.........along with a ship design Gene rejected......

• Thanks 1

abiogenesis zone - a region in which the planet is bathed in the correct type and level of ultraviolet radiation from its star to initiate the same types of chemical reactions that were believed to have kick-started life here on Earth.

to be honest this is a new concept to me. How exactly do we know what type and level of ultraviolet radiation it takes bro kickstart life? 

• Like 1

I don't see no Super Moon ...

~

Just need to make ready an absence engine that runs on darkness, then I realize what year it is and that such devices are not into existence yet.

FML.. great.. another so called planet we’ll never see in our lifetime. Who gives a flying *****? 

I can't believe that in this day in age, trying to still decide if we are alone in the universe is a waste of discussion. How close minded and self absorbed can one be to seriously think that we are all that is out there. Especially with all the evidence of superior ancestors on THIS planet alone. Denying it is just delaying the inevitable and preventing proper growth as a race. ugh

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NicoletteS said:

abiogenesis zone - a region in which the planet is bathed in the correct type and level of ultraviolet radiation from its star to initiate the same types of chemical reactions that were believed to have kick-started life here on Earth.

to be honest this is a new concept to me. How exactly do we know what type and level of ultraviolet radiation it takes bro kickstart life? 

Because we live on a planet where life exists

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TruthandKnowledge said:

I can't believe that in this day in age, trying to still decide if we are alone in the universe is a waste of discussion. How close minded and self absorbed can one be to seriously think that we are all that is out there. Especially with all the evidence of superior ancestors on THIS planet alone. Denying it is just delaying the inevitable and preventing proper growth as a race. ugh

We has a sample size of 1 when it comes to planets with life. Hardly anyone says that there is no chance of other life. We simply do not know at this point. 

And no, ancient alien crap or "superior ancestors" or whatever does not count as evidence of anything

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, TruthandKnowledge said:

Especially with all the evidence of superior ancestors on THIS planet alone.

What evidence?

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Piney said:

Still trying to wrap that around my head.........along with a ship design Gene rejected......

As in Roddenberry?  Edict one the current producer?

1 minute ago, Piney said:

What evidence?

Really? lol this whole site has a section dedication to ancient sites, buildings and monuments cut with such precision and on such a grand scale that even in this days age is difficult. And you want me to tell you where to look?  Am I missing something here?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Golden Duck said:

As in Roddenberry?  Edict one the current producer?

As in Roddenberry. I had the book he wrote when the first batch of movies came out and it contained all the concept art and what he thought of it. 

• Like 1

the usual confusion.. as always:

the existence of life elsewhere in this universe is not in question here-- where has anyone suggested we are alone in the universe?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, TruthandKnowledge said:

Really? lol this whole site has a section dedication to ancient sites, buildings and monuments cut with such precision and on such a grand scale that even in this days age is difficult. And you want me to tell you where to look?  Am I missing something here?

Your talking to a Native American archaeology advisor.  What evidence specifically? 

Are you now going to tell me it wasn't us who built all that great stuff in South and Central America? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Piney said:

As in Roddenberry. I had the book he wrote when the first batch of movies came out and it contained all the concept art and what he thought of it. 

Sorry autocorrect got me on my previous post. So you're talking the older Roddenberry, the creator. Cool.

I was confused when I saw Gene Rodenberry as producer for Discovery.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Piney said:

Your talking to a Native American archaeology advisor.  What evidence specifically? 

Are you now going to tell me it wasn't us who built all that great stuff in South and Central America? 

Why would I tell you that. Have I insinuated everything here was alien? No but I will insinuate that a lot of our past had extraterrestrial help or were much further advanced than we were. As for your title, it means nothing unless you actually practice your preach. 

As for evidence this site is filled with it. Not sure how much more you need. You must be the type who only believes with one sense. Your eyes. Can't believe I have to actually write some of these out when they're in plain site already. Anyways..

Sacsayhuaman - Would have required Lasers and Machines we don't have.

The 600 meters long sacsayhuaman wall have a zingzang structure. Each block of this wall weighs hundreds of tons. Sacsayhuaman wall protected famous archaeological tower named muyu marca, sala marca and paunca marca, also a temple related to sun.

Gobekli Tepe

Gobekli tepe is the oldest archaeological site in the world located in Turkey. This construction let you remind the high level artistic power of stone age people around 11000 years ago. The used lime stone pillars weighing 15 to 22 tons for making this construction, those are cut down from huge blocks of rocks.

Moai Statues, Easter Island

Stone Hendge

Pyramids of Egypt etc etc..

How naïve can you be to say our ancestors were either more advanced on many levels OR were assisted by someone who was. There are only two logical answers. WTF.

Edited by TruthandKnowledge

1 minute ago, TruthandKnowledge said:

Sacsayhuaman - Would have required Lasers and Machines we don't have.

so you're told= & you believe without question.. enjoy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Especially with all the evidence of superior ancestors on THIS planet alone. 

Please elaborate.

*Never mind...I just read your last post.

Edited by Astra.
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, TruthandKnowledge said:

As for evidence this site is filled with it. Not sure how much more you need. You must be the type who only believes with one sense. Your eyes. Can't believe I have to actually write some of these out when they're in plain site already. Anyways..

How much time have you spent in the field?

• Like 2