Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Super-Earth' most likely candidate for life

UM-Bot

8 minutes ago, TruthandKnowledge said:

How naïve can you be to say our ancestors were either more advanced on many levels OR were assisted by someone who was. There are only two logical answers. WTF.

yeah WTF!! = as far as this kind of thinking goes; I feel it's an insult to those who died building these amazing things via clever <<humans>> & slavery .... where's your respect???

13 minutes ago, TruthandKnowledge said:

Gobekli tepe is the oldest archaeological site in the world located in Turkey. This construction let you remind the high level artistic power of stone age people around 11000 years ago. The used lime stone pillars weighing 15 to 22 tons for making this construction, those are cut down from huge blocks of rocks.

It's being discussed in the Alternate History section. I don't see you participating.....

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Piney said:

It's being discussed in the Alternate History section. I don't see you participating.....

LOL Well snap! Thanks for the invite. Hard to be everywhere you know

23 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

yeah WTF!! = as far as this kind of thinking goes; I feel it's an insult to those who died building these amazing things via clever <<humans>> & slavery .... where's your respect???

lol did you miss the part I said it was either US humans... superior versions of us... or humans assisted by those who are? sheeesh

Just now, TruthandKnowledge said:

LOL Well snap! Thanks for the invite. Hard to be everywhere you know

You still haven't answered the laser question. :lol:

We have a member here named @Jarocal  who is the in-house expert on pre-Columbian building techniques. He can explain how it was actually done. 

4 minutes ago, TruthandKnowledge said:

lol did you miss the part I said it was either US humans... superior versions of us... or humans assisted by those who are? sheeesh

I do experimental archaeology and you would be surprised that the simplest techniques give the best results. No high tech needed. Just a lot of thought. Modern flint knappers couldn't reproduce a Clovis point's center groove until a man named Jack Cresson figured it out with months of experimentation. But the "eureka" moment  turned out to be the simplest thing. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Piney said:

I do experimental archaeology and you would be surprised that the simplest techniques give the best results. No high tech needed. Just a lot of thought. Modern flint knappers couldn't reproduce a Clovis point's center groove until a man named Jack Cresson figured it out with months of experimentation. But the "eureka" moment  turned out to be the simplest thing. 

You're still proving my point. Irregardless... we still can't do it today. Unless you can show me we can?  Either we had better technology and were more evolved on many levels... 10000's years ago... or we had help.

Science suggests we weren't smart enough. However the proof is what is left behind. We simply don't know HOW or WHERE their truth and knowledge came from. I'm not denying WE made many of the monuments are selves, if not all...however for other reasons, I believe there's a good chance they had outside help on MANY occasions.

Why is that so hard to believe?

49 minutes ago, Piney said:

Where did you get the "laser" part? 

Probably from the movie Mars Attack.

giphy_2.gif

I still love that film..:lol:..

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TruthandKnowledge said:

You're still proving my point. Irregardless... we still can't do it today. Unless you can show me we can?  Either we had better technology and were more evolved on many levels... 10000's years ago... or we had help.

Yes we can. I just recommended a guy who does it today and can explain how it's done. @Jarocal  reproduces pre-Columbian building techniques. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TruthandKnowledge said:

Science suggests we weren't smart enough.

References? Links? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, TruthandKnowledge said:

Why is that so hard to believe?

Because there is zero evidence for it, and we know how most of these things were constructed.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I hope we discover life, and indeed, sentient life elsewhere in the galaxy in my lifetime. For one thing, I'd love to watch what such a revelation does to our religions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seti42 said:

I hope we discover life, and indeed, sentient life elsewhere in the galaxy in my lifetime. For one thing, I'd love to watch what such a revelation does to our religions.

I imagine it would do nothing to the Casual believer. It's the hardcore evangelists and fundamentalists that would have a problem with it, I would think. Trick of the devil and all that

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

I imagine it would do nothing to the Casual believer. It's the hardcore evangelists and fundamentalists that would have a problem with it, I would think. Trick of the devil and all that

Agreed. I also have no issue with the casual believer. It's the hard core faithful I want to see have a meltdown, lol.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, TruthandKnowledge said:

no superior anything! just poor ol' normal humans

19 hours ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

18 hours ago, TruthandKnowledge said:

19 hours ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Because we live on a planet where life exists

So how does that equate to we know the ranges on the type and amount of radiation needed to start life? Guessing how much we had doesnt do that, sorry. We dont even have a concrete figure when the first chemical reaction of such happened here or if it even did happen that way let alone the exact range of radiation and limits. I call bs. There is a %19 chance this planet even exists and we already know how much radiation is reachimg the surface? Something doesnt add up. How exactly did they decide the limits of this accepted "life starting zone"? Let alone how life started?

Edited by Nnicolette
Fumbled my quotes

On 8/2/2018 at 8:10 AM, NicoletteS said:

How exactly do we know what type and level of ultraviolet radiation it takes bro kickstart life? 

Well it's not quite as difficult as it may seem. First we have good understandings of how different Stars behave and what type of light different Stars emit. So that is not much of a mystery to us. Second, we also have a quite good understanding of the types of precursor chemistry that is present in newly forming Star systems and also a decent understanding of the type of chemistry that will be present in and on newly formed terrestrial type rocky Earth-like planets. and the type of chemistry that will likely be predominate on such planets atmospheres.  Third, we are talking about Planets where liquid water will be present. 

Now that all these things together and when you recreate this chemistry in sterile lab conditions, we are seeing that different levels and wavelengths of UV light are much better at breaking molecular bonds and creating the prebiotic building blocks of life such as RNA amino acids and lipids  than other types of levels and wavelengths of UV light. 

As such we can narrow our search to these types of Stars as being more likely to give rise to life than other Stars. In other words some Stars have "goldilocks" properties themselves. 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Piney said:

I'm interested in lithic technology, (see my Avatar) and I think I have an idea how this was done. Can you share how this was done, I'm curious if I'm right or off base on this? Thanks.

Edited by lost_shaman

1 hour ago, lost_shaman said:

I'm interested in lithic technology, (see my Avatar) and I think I have an idea how this was done. Can you share how this was done, I'm curious if I'm right or off base on this? Thanks.

Leave a small tit on the base then push a antler pressure flaker straight in on it. It's best to have it in a stick "vise". 

Your avatar is a Adena-Middlesex "beaver tail" point and from the break it was probably used as a knife. 

The Adena were the ancestors of the Southeastern and Central Algonquians. My ancestors. :)

• Like 1

On 8/2/2018 at 6:36 PM, TruthandKnowledge said:

Really? lol this whole site has a section dedication to ancient sites, buildings and monuments cut with such precision and on such a grand scale that even in this days age is difficult. And you want me to tell you where to look?  Am I missing something here?

And you surmise that aliens created these sites because of the architecture? 

6 hours ago, NicoletteS said:

Because we know how ultraviolet light affects life and what ranges it causes certain reactions. It's not that hard.

1 hour ago, Piney said:

Leave a small tit on the base then push a antler pressure flaker straight in on it. It's best to have it in a stick "vise". 

Your avatar is a Adena-Middlesex "beaver tail" point and from the break it was probably used as a knife. 

The Adena were the ancestors of the Southeastern and Central Algonquians. My ancestors. :)

Thanks. That's more or less how I thought it was done. A pressure fracture. I was thinking my artifact was more like a Dallas dart point. I found it just on the Texas side of the Red River, it's broken because it had been plowed in a field at some point relatively recently.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lost_shaman said:

Thanks. That's more or less how I thought it was done. A pressure fracture. I was thinking my artifact was more like a Dallas dart point. I found it just on the Texas side of the Red River, it's broken because it had been plowed in a field at some point relatively recently.

During the Early Woodland Period there was a expansive continent wide trade network and many of the same points have localized names.