Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

David Paulides Missing 411 missing people

johncbdg

1 hour ago, Goddess of the Mist said:

I stumbled across the Dave Paulides Missing 411 stuff last fall and became pretty obsessed with it for a while!  I haven't read his books, but I have listened to many many interviews with him where he talks about all these different cases.  There were so many cases that were just flat out strange, and to me, the guy seems honest.  I'm not saying he isn't trying to sell books, but I do think he may be on to something strange.  Many of the cases were just too bizzare.  And the thing is, he doesn't try to lead you to believe any particular thing; lets you form your own opinion.  I know there are killers out there walking around, but some of these cases go beyond what a person could do to another.  

But he does kinda lead you to believe stuff. He never says it, but he does.

Like previously mentioned, he omits facts, provides plenty of speculation, but no evidence to support the speculation. 

Sure some cases may be strange and he may come across as honest, he might even believe what he’s claiming. But what he’s claiming is statistically insignificant. 

He arrives at wild conclusions and creates links between cases which are 100% his own speculation with not a shred of supporting evidence or reason.

Are there any specific cases you think are most compelling? Or as a whole does it just feel like something is strange is going on?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Goddess of the Mist said:

I stumbled across the Dave Paulides Missing 411 stuff last fall and became pretty obsessed with it for a while!  I haven't read his books, but I have listened to many many interviews with him where he talks about all these different cases.  There were so many cases that were just flat out strange, and to me, the guy seems honest.  I'm not saying he isn't trying to sell books, but I do think he may be on to something strange.  Many of the cases were just too bizzare.  And the thing is, he doesn't try to lead you to believe any particular thing; lets you form your own opinion.  I know there are killers out there walking around, but some of these cases go beyond what a person could do to another.  

That is a common trick of the fringe. They say vague things and then let your mind fill in the blanks.

Here is an example. In photos of Mars the fringe author tells you, "look at all of the infrastructure." It is up to yo to decide that the long fault lines are: electric power lines, pipelines, roads, or whatever. They say infrastrcture and it is your responsibility to make up whatever seems appropriate to you.

What I have seen of Paulides is that he likes to suggest berry bushes are of interest. Are these berries humans eat? Are they berries animals eat? Are they even berries? Are these supposed berry bushes within 5 feet, 10 feet, 50, 100, 1000, or something else? Are the berries in season - supposing they are even any berry bushes in the area.

I believe the strange is not in the cases but in the minds of those that want to believe in whatever Paulides is trying to sell. He is suggesting that something strange is happening. He does that in nearly every sentence in his videos. Then the listener decides whatever strange is strange to them as a focal point to latch on to.

Since 1916 Yosemite lists 40 some missing people. That's not many considering that the Valley hosts 50,000 people on a summer day. Lots of strange things happen in the area such as the serial killer that was surrounded and captured by the residents of the nudist camp in the 1980s. Great heroes did their civic duty and a story that to some might be stranger than anything Paulides cares to bring up.

• Like 2

On 15/08/2018 at 4:44 PM, stereologist said:

In other words you have nothing to post - AGAIN!

Paulides video is a collection of vague and unsupported comments of no merit.

Which river is it?

Which state is it?

How many people?

What medical examiners?

What year?

What parks?

What search group?

Paulides is fooling those that can't seem to think for themselves. Please use some critical thinking when watching such boring and zero content videos.

Where are the facts? 

You got so much to say with your repeat posts,look my only problem is not with Paulides but with you posting and posting same old story look take it up with him you got so much to say about what he is doing and where you say he is wrong,make the video if you think you are right or do both write the book to go with your new video.

But he is not on his own here is Rusty West listen is he telling lies about the people who go missing each year.there are many more doing same as them both.

10 more of the strangest state and national park missing person cases out there

3 hours ago, Goddess of the Mist said:

Yes, and yes. It's been a little while, but there was one case where these guys were hiking on a well traveled trail in Colorado. They were on their way to a cabin, and all were very well-equipped and experienced. A couple of them decided to stop and rest while the other went on ahead. Long story short, that guy went missing and was found sometime later WAY far away, boots off, none of his gear used. I know I'm skipping lots of detail, but it made no sense. There were lots of cases like that, involving experienced hikers, hunters, campers, etc. 

Any chance you could find a link or something for that specific case?

On 17/08/2018 at 4:41 PM, johncbdg said:

*snip*

But he is not on his own here is Rusty West listen is he telling lies about the people who go missing each year.there are many more doing same as them both.

My bold. Yes he is telling lies. Directly. Lol.

Have you even watched that video?

Edit: And whatever voice he is putting on is ****ing horrendous. This is a warning for anyone who is thinking of clicking on the video. 

Edited by Timothy
Edit.
  • Like 1

Video was posted to YouTube 31 July 2018.

#10: Says ‘no trace of Tim has been located yet’ at 02:45. However, his remains were found on 26 July 2018, 5 days before the video was uploaded. Appears it may have been the result of a fall, official cause of death pending.

#9: Missing without a trace but nothing weird. 

#8: Missing without a trace but nothing weird. 

It’s painful to watch but I’ll be back with the rest at some point. 

#7: Missing without a trace but nothing weird. 

#6: Says ‘but no other trace of Cacey was found, this case continues to baffle many’ at 09:04. However he was found dead 03 July 2018 and it was determined to have been suicide.

#5: Missing without a trace but nothing weird. 

#4: Missing without a trace but nothing weird. Pronounces the guys name wrong too.

#3: Missing without a trace but nothing weird.

#2: Missing without a trace but nothing weird.

#1: Missing without a trace but nothing weird.

@johncbdg, I had a feeling that video would be crap. It doesn’t support your argument at all, it supports what myself and others have been trying to get you to understand.

Edited by Timothy
Typo.
  • Thanks 1

On 8/17/2018 at 2:41 AM, johncbdg said:

You got so much to say with your repeat posts,look my only problem is not with Paulides but with you posting and posting same old story look take it up with him you got so much to say about what he is doing and where you say he is wrong,make the video if you think you are right or do both write the book to go with your new video.

You continue to post the same BS inn thread after thread - nothing. All you seem capable f doing is complaining about other posters.

The problem is your inability to think or to examine a video. It seems that you need to be told many times before it sinks in. So far it is clear that nothing has sunk in.

Your dubious suggestion is always that someone must be telling a lie. They can mislead with telling a lie. I know I've stated that several times - just as often as you suggest they must be telling lies.

Let's see if there is a lie in there.

1. It claims hundreds of people go missing in our parks every year. I'm certain that is a lie.

2. The video is full of vague claims that should be a warning to anyone with even half a brain that the video is misleading such as "many are not found", or "hundreds", or "many cases"

The first case is Tim Cannon. The video speaker is a LIAR. He was found. Didn't you make even a modest effort to check the video?

https://www.aspentimes.com/news/experience-telluride-hiker-found-dead-after-missing-for-nearly-3-weeks/

Apparently the mystery in the Anderson case is that the narrator found nothing to say. :lol:

The McCrann case is being followed up. It is not so mysterious other than someone is missing. The report tells us that the woman disappeared in an icy area.

https://katu.com/news/local/search-resumes-for-missing-portland-woman-alissa-mccrann

Now to make it mysterious we learnt that her brother died in a mysterious explosion in his own house. (Actually, LOL the cause is known. Just playing the game the video plays.)

https://patch.com/oregon/portland/butane-hash-oil-mishap-caused-n-kerby-avenue-house-explosion-fire-officials-say

Cornelius Zippro case is SOLVED. Did that video leave you with the mysterious sense the person was never found? Then they misled you. It was a suicide.

https://www.gainesvilletimes.com/news/authorities-say-death-missing-gainesville-man-was-suicide/

I stopped looking up cases after that because the task was so boring.

Not a single mysterious angle was produced for any of these people. Nothing. All it does is list people missing.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Goddess of the Mist said:

Yes, and yes. It's been a little while, but there was one case where these guys were hiking on a well traveled trail in Colorado. They were on their way to a cabin, and all were very well-equipped and experienced. A couple of them decided to stop and rest while the other went on ahead. Long story short, that guy went missing and was found sometime later WAY far away, boots off, none of his gear used. I know I'm skipping lots of detail, but it made no sense. There were lots of cases like that, involving experienced hikers, hunters, campers, etc. 

Beware of the label experienced. I've met lots of yahoos that claimed to be experienced and they were tender foots, wannabees, green horns, or whatever you want to call them.

I love to point out the case of the AT hiker that did everything possible to kill themselves after hiking nearly all of the 2000 mile trail. How could they make so many mistakes that led to their own death after spending so much time on the trail? Time outdoors does not always mean they are knowledgeable about outdoor safety and being sensible.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Goddess of the Mist said:

and

https://www.vaildaily.com/news/search-suspended-for-missing-indiana-man/

Sorry for the delay...I'm just now refreshing my memory on some of these cases.  Be sure to watch to the end of the video (it's only about 15 minutes). It really puts things into perspective.  His body was found 4.5 "air" miles away, but it would have been many more when traveled by foot.  

Will take a gander. Thanks. 

@Goddess of the Mist, the first minute of that video is inaccurate. And reading up on this case, it’s most likely he backtracked along the path and then ended up on another one where he died. 

In the case of McGrogan notice that he traveled to over 11,000 feet. He is from Indiana and would not have been acclimated. At least that would have slowed down his efforts. We don't know how well he would acclimate to that altitude, but he might have been like me with at least some minor distress like a headache and some occasional dizziness.

When we read articles such as this one we need to be careful.

http://www.nbc15.com/home/headlines/UPDATE-Rescue-search-for-missing-hiker-turns-into-recovery-mission-251109751.html

For example, i says he had a GPS with him. Fine. Did he ever use it?

It looks like the search didn't find the body because he went in the wrong direction. That's not unusual.

• Thanks 1

First off they pretend there is a profile. They list about every type of ground cover. Weird right? I noticed fens were not in the list.

They claim the case is not solved. I take that as a lie. More generous people could call it an odd comment.

Paulides claims he'll show you the terrain, but shows you the trail without 8 feet of snow on it. That's misleading or worthless. He lists gear that was carried. I say so what. I've been in all sorts of extremes carrying much less.

He claims you couldn't lose the trail. He also pretends that all of the people are so boring they only walk on the one trail. He pretends everyone was headed to the same destination. Frankly, I don't believe that one bit.

Paulides continues what I believe  now to be a flat out lie stating that there were no tracks off of the trail.

Edited by stereologist
  • Thanks 1

So I found an article with a map showing that Booth Falls is in the next valley over from the trail tot he hut.

https://www.postindependent.com/news/local/missing-ind-hikers-body-found-just-1-5-miles-from-the-booth-falls-trailhead/

He probably went up spraddle creek and did not switch back to the left. He follows the creek up to the ridge and as the article states he fell to his death.

Years ago I was headed up to a rock climb and walked off the hiking trail. My partner and I made good time up to the cliff to climb and when we stopped at the base we were stunned that hikers had followed us off the trail and into the woods. We were almost two miles off the trail bushwacking and people blindly followed us

• Thanks 1

@johncbdg, have you lost interest? I’m interested to see your reply after the YouTube video you posted to support your argument did the exact opposite? 

And yes, I still want to know if you even watched that video before posting it. 

I’m sure @stereologist would appreciate it too, since we took time to take you to task for posting utter garbage that you somehow thought supported your argument.

Awaiting your statement, as your credibility with everything you post here, and on YouTube continues to be diminished. Being anonymous may actually have been a better option for you.

What positive has come from us knowing your real name? Unless it’s a masquerade? 

I do not understand you. 

What's going on is simple. Woods and mountainous regions are actually VERY DANGEROUS places to go alone. And even more so for children. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

What's going on is simple. Woods and mountainous regions are actually VERY DANGEROUS places to go alone. And even more so for children. 

Good work, you cheeky little android!! :sk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@johncbdg, you must feel foolish about your last post in this thread, can you at least explain why you posted the video, if you didn’t even watch it... 

You’ve evidenced yourself as being magnitudes more foolish than you suggested I was in the other thread, and a few times over so far since you’ve been here. 

If you created a YouTube video with screenshots of your arguments from UM, it would definitely get more views than the other videos you’re posting. It would actually be entertaining too.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Goddess of the Mist said:

I feel like you didn't watch the whole video or read the article... 

I did both, the facts are pretty different than the stories they are trying to tell.

@Goddess of the Mist, following the above, I feel like you only watched that video and read that article. Did you do any research beyond that to actually check the facts? :lol:

What you’ve written doesn’t suggest it...

Edit: And lets not forget, I asked you for a specific case, you gave it. @stereologist and I investigated, you got it wrong.

So if you’ve got any sources we’re not aware of, other than the YouTube video and article mentioned, please provide it. Otherwise, best to check the facts. 

Edited by Timothy
Edit.

• 5 weeks later...

At Midnight Chicago time Coast to Coast AM's guest will be David Paulides hosted by George Knapp. ;)

DATESunday - September 30, 2018
HOSTGeorge Knapp
GUESTSDavid PaulidesOpen Lines

Dave Paulides has been researching mysterious missing persons cases in the US for years with his acclaimed series of books "Missing 411." Paulides returns with George Knapp for a 3-hour update on new cases and a new book which focuses on weird cases and law enforcement. The last hour will feature Open Lines.

https://www.coasttocoastam.com/show/2018/09/30

Indiana's oldest radio station WGBF in Evansville carries Coast to Coast AM live!

http://newstalk1280.com/listen-live/

I'll be tuned in for sure! Times have changed for the better! The auto embed as an option is great! Good luck to you all and don't become one of the missing the next time you are hiking in a state or federal parkland.:huh:

MK 

Edited by Malaria_Kidd
Added radio station for live feed to your pc or smart phone
  • Thanks 1