Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Weird 'creature' filmed in Canadian woodland

UM-Bot

Dirt on the windscreen. Its easier to see at the end of the video. Look at the white dot on the dash board, the "gollum" moves in sync with the white dot. Very clearly not cgi or even intended as a hoax, just a dirty windscreen

• Like 3

Just to correct a false claim being made - NO, they didn't see anything by eye - from the video comments:

I was in the car with the girl who took the video, my boyfriend was driving. We never saw anything moving in the wood and the car was park on the side of the road to let my daughter look at the moose. I was very surprised when i saw her video

Also, as noted by several folks already, there is clearly at least one *other* spot above and right of the 'thing' that moves exactly in synch with it and in synch with the camera movement.  Yes, it's debris on the window, or possibly a reflection of something/s inside the car...

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 2

I'm not even sure what the hell I'm supposed to be looking at, honestly. I'd say this was click-bait but I'm already ****ing here so, I dunno.

• Like 1

My older Samsung Note3 does better video.

5 hours ago, Professor Buzzkill said:

Dirt on the windscreen. Its easier to see at the end of the video. Look at the white dot on the dash board, the "gollum" moves in sync with the white dot. Very clearly not cgi or even intended as a hoax, just a dirty windscreen

I'd agree. If people watch the video again, look at the bottom left corner. there will be a dot that moves exactly as the "creature" does. The dot is pretty far down and is in and out of frame, but when it is in the frame, it moves exactly the same.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bowserdog said:

is a bit of tree bark blowing in the wind thats why the moose is not worried about it

if its tree bark then it moved over 2 meters. 

• Confused 1

Definitely Virgin Mary....spitting image of the one on my scrambled egg this morning....

• Haha 1

I certainly wouldn't have gone over there to check it out. Not on your Nelly.

Edited by Black Monk
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Jon the frog said:

They talk about the bird dropping on the windshield?

exactly.

• Haha 1

I only watched it once, and I think I saw what they were talking about. There are a few possibilities in my opinion; from most likely to least likely:

1. Smudge
2. Costumed Hoaxster
3. CGI
4. Animal (Perhaps an unknown species, maybe even one not-of-this-Earth.)

Of course if the imagination were left to run wild, there are many more possibilities, but I'd rather keep things simple. 

I wished the video were more clear.

Edited by Virtue Boy
Grammar

It's a bug/smear on the windshield, 100%. It's obvious if you watch how it moves vs. how the camera shakes and look at the other crap on the windshield. They were filming the moose, nothing else.

Not a mystery, not CGI, just dirt. I don't understand how obvious crap like this gets posted...

Edited by moonman
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

The moving dot convinced me that it's a reflection of something inside the car (thanks to DieChecker for spotting). The movement doesn't line up well enough for it to be "on" the windshield for me. Either way definitely not paranormal.

• Like 1

It actually makes me angry that stupid, easily explained garbage like this gets posted as "unexplained". Anybody who studies it for more than five seconds can work out what it is (nothing but a windshield smudge/reflection), but those who don't bother to understand it will call it "evidence" and it will keep getting reposted again and again, wasting the time of everyone involved.

Ditch the garbage nonsense videos and save the speculation for something that actually deserves it.

Edited by moonman
  • Thanks 1

moon man I agree about it being a waste of time and forum space. It is obvious that it is explainable after one time watching the video. The only mystery is how people can be so dumb as to try to speculate any kind of "creature" is shown except a moose. But then again these forums are filled with people trying to make mountains from molehills. *SIGH*

3 hours ago, moonman said:

It actually makes me angry that stupid, easily explained garbage like this gets posted as "unexplained". Anybody who studies it for more than five seconds can work out what it is (nothing but a windshield smudge/reflection), but those who don't bother to understand it will call it "evidence" and it will keep getting reposted again and again, wasting the time of everyone involved.

Ditch the garbage nonsense videos and save the speculation for something that actually deserves it.

2 hours ago, onlookerofmayhem said:

moon man I agree about it being a waste of time and forum space. It is obvious that it is explainable after one time watching the video. The only mystery is how people can be so dumb as to try to speculate any kind of "creature" is shown except a moose. But then again these forums are filled with people trying to make mountains from molehills. *SIGH*

Just remember that having this video clearly and logically explained here at UM will help a LOT of people,  who don't know how to analyze such things, choose the reasoned way of looking at this one and any they will see in the future.  The woo sites can be very persuasive.

• Like 1

I totally understand Merc. This particular one is so low on the bar that it's frustrating. Akin to me posting a picture of a basket of laundry and proposing that it's evidence for life on the sun. I know the woo is strong. Is it bigfoot? Is it a ghost? Gollum from Lord of the Rings!? my brain hurts trying to understand the lack of logic. :(

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, onlookerofmayhem said:

I totally understand Merc. This particular one is so low on the bar that it's frustrating. Akin to me posting a picture of a basket of laundry and proposing that it's evidence for life on the sun. I know the woo is strong. Is it bigfoot? Is it a ghost? Gollum from Lord of the Rings!? my brain hurts trying to understand the lack of logic. :(

Completely agree.  100%  but if we don't explain that to folks on the edge then more fall for the woo.  There are a lot of folks here that were FTB's until they ran into some logical explanations and friendly help to the rational side of things.   Never ending mate.

• Like 3