Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pyramids as encoded knowledge

edenlog

"The most important part of the original golden text says: “the master Egyptian priests (were 130) said: based on observing the motions of the celestial bodies, we identified the time intervals of Earth’s cataclysmic and extinction cycles (e.g., inundations, fires from meteorites, extinction and re-origination); accordingly, we asked our King A-so-ra-eid (the Taurus) the son of So-ra-g (Scorpion) to give his order to build the pyramids, based on informing him about the results of our studies. Firstly, the coming great deluge will happen when the star Regulus of the Leo (in the sidereal zodiac) enters the first minute of Cancer (in the tropical zodiac); then they mentioned the positions of planets, moon and comet during this event. Secondly, the coming great fire, from meteorites, will happen when Regulus enters the last minute of the fifteenth degree of Leo,"

"The information mentioned in this papyrus is not part of modern archeological discoveries, because it remained for centuries in an Arabic text book without English translation"

I always thought the pyramids were storehouses of knowledge to encode sciences because the tomb theory alone never made any sense to me. Not only this, but it seems ancient megaliths could be past ages of the earth and these people left their knowledge, hence the use of materials (according to their level of tech) would be used to preserve such knowledge.  And the length bewteen destruction cycles may be increasing, and mankind's power of comprehension increases as the time till destruction draws near.  I believe that now (for this cataclysm if such a thing were to occur) humanity will send a specific device into space encoding zettabytes, (or more) of data from cultures around the world detailing up to date scientific and knowledges complementing by past discoveries. I also wonder if such a thing is already in space by a past civilization, or traveling somewhere in space.  

Check out the paper here (the author has more than one paper):http://www.academia.edu/download/36424210/H-Aboulfotouh-Relativistic-Tilts-Pyramids-Paper.pdf

• Like 1

I always thought the pyramids where like crèche for everything living on earth.

28 minutes ago, edenlog said:

"The most important part of the original golden text says: “the master Egyptian priests (were 130) said: based on observing the motions of the celestial bodies, we identified the time intervals of Earth’s cataclysmic and extinction cycles (e.g., inundations, fires from meteorites, extinction and re-origination); accordingly, we asked our King A-so-ra-eid (the Taurus) the son of So-ra-g (Scorpion) to give his order to build the pyramids, based on informing him about the results of our studies. Firstly, the coming great deluge will happen when the star Regulus of the Leo (in the sidereal zodiac) enters the first minute of Cancer (in the tropical zodiac); then they mentioned the positions of planets, moon and comet during this event. Secondly, the coming great fire, from meteorites, will happen when Regulus enters the last minute of the fifteenth degree of Leo,"

Any proof that this book actually existed? Because I was one of the people looking for evidence of a meteor strike in North America about 13,000 years ago and there isn't any. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I always wondered if someday in our post-apocalyptic future...

modern art is still standing, and someone else is trying to figure out what use it had for us.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Piney said:

Any proof that this book actually existed? Because I was one of the people looking for evidence of a meteor strike in North America about 13,000 years ago and there isn't any. 

In another paper he references Al-Maqrizi 

"As we understand from the text of Al-Maqrizi, the following paragraph is a modified version of an old story on the pyramids that was mentioned in an old golden plate that was found and translated during the days of King Philip (father of Alexander), which is based on a dream of King Soraied3 . It should be kept in mind while reading this work."

Referenced to -" (Al-Maqrizi, 1845, Vol. I, pp. 216-217), the golden plate was duplicated in papyri during different eras. "

Further he references to-"Al-Maqrizi said they were 130 priests"

"Al-Maqrizi (1364-1442 AD) the Great Egyptian historian has mentioned that, "there were seven schools in ancient Egypt. Each school was for specific field and was named after one of the seven moving stars: the Sun, the Moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn. The period of study at each school is seven years, and each of their graduates was called Baher (Brilliant). The priest who graduated from the seven schools, who spent 49 years of study, was called Quater (Master); his respectable status was just below the king of Egypt." (AlMaqrizi, Bolaque edition, 1849, Vol. I)."

"Al-Maqrizi, Al Mawaes Wal A'atebar Bezeker Al-khetat Wal Asar (Sermons and Lessons with the Discourse on Alleys and Monuments), Vol-I, Dar Al-Tahrier, Bulaque Edition, Cairo, 1849."

These are found here:http://www.geocities.ws/fotouh28/H-Aboulfotouh-Horizon-I.pdf

10 minutes ago, edenlog said:

In another paper he references Al-Maqrizi 

"As we understand from the text of Al-Maqrizi, the following paragraph is a modified version of an old story on the pyramids that was mentioned in an old golden plate that was found and translated during the days of King Philip (father of Alexander), which is based on a dream of King Soraied3 . It should be kept in mind while reading this work."

Referenced to -" (Al-Maqrizi, 1845, Vol. I, pp. 216-217), the golden plate was duplicated in papyri during different eras. "

Further he references to-"Al-Maqrizi said they were 130 priests"

"Al-Maqrizi (1364-1442 AD) the Great Egyptian historian has mentioned that, "there were seven schools in ancient Egypt. Each school was for specific field and was named after one of the seven moving stars: the Sun, the Moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn. The period of study at each school is seven years, and each of their graduates was called Baher (Brilliant). The priest who graduated from the seven schools, who spent 49 years of study, was called Quater (Master); his respectable status was just below the king of Egypt." (AlMaqrizi, Bolaque edition, 1849, Vol. I)."

"Al-Maqrizi, Al Mawaes Wal A'atebar Bezeker Al-khetat Wal Asar (Sermons and Lessons with the Discourse on Alleys and Monuments), Vol-I, Dar Al-Tahrier, Bulaque Edition, Cairo, 1849."

These are found here:http://www.geocities.ws/fotouh28/H-Aboulfotouh-Horizon-I.pdf

Medieval Arab folklore. The Arabian Nights refer to a vase of unlimited water, a robotic rooster, and mummies coming back to life. Do you believe these legends also?

Edited by Lord Harry
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This site claims to translate selected chapters of the same text by Al-Maqrizi from a french version saying:

"Sa'id al-Lagawi (al-Andalusi), in his book The Generations of Nations, reported that all the sciences known before the Flood were first taught by Hermes, who lived in Upper Egypt. This Hermes was the first to ponder celestial substances and the movement of the stars. He was the first to build temples to worship God. He occupied himself with science and medicine, and he wrote well-measured poems for his contemporaries about things terrestrial and celestial. It is also said that he was the first to predict the Flood and anticipate that a celestial cataclysm would befall the earth in the form of fire or water, so, fearing the destruction of knowledge and the disappearance of the arts, he built the pyramids and temples of Upper Egypt. Within these, he included representations of the arts and instruments, including engraved explanations of science, in order to pass them on to those who come after him, lest he see them disappear from the world. This Hermes is the same as Idris."

There is also the reference to the 130 priests " A few days later he had another dream in which he felt that the fixed stars had descended on the earth in the form of white birds and catching men while in flight, rushed between two high mountains which closed over them, and the bright stars became dark and obscure. Full of terror when he awoke, he went to the temple of the Sun, prayed, rolled in the dust, and wept. As soon as it was day, he gathered the chief priests of all the provinces of Egypt; the number was 130. "

" And they said: “Yes, whoever wants to be saved must go to reach the master of the Ark.” Thereupon I awoke full of terror.’ The King said: ‘Take the elevations of the stars and see what needs to happen.’ After a thorough review, it was recognized that a deluge would occur after which would appear a fire out of the constellation Leo which will burn the world. ‘See,’ said the King said, ‘if this disaster will reach our country.’ ‘Yes,’ they said, ‘the flood will reach us and we will be ruined for many years.’ ‘See,’ said the King, ‘if this country becomes prosperous as before or if it will remain still covered by water.’"

(http://www.jasoncolavito.com/al-maqrizi-on-the-pyramids.html#.W2SLhPn0m00)

These legends sound akin to Jesus feeding the multitude, turning water to wine and Elisha manifesting oil and food and healing the sick spontaneously. 

Trying to remember a Greek legend, but I can't remember one that fits closely enough.

Edited by Opus Magnus

12 minutes ago, Lord Harry said:

Medieval Arab folklore. The Arabian Nights refer to a vase of unlimited water, a robotic rooster, and mummies coming back to life. Do you believe these also?

I do not believe anything, I never assume anything nor do I judge what people write, I only look for logicality based on my own personal experiences in natural philosophy.  And then I look into modern scientific discoveries and  see what they say about the topics that are similar to what is written in old texts.  Modern sciences readily explains multiple cataclysmic events and even predicts future ones, not only that, but the stars and their motions can be calculated and events predicted based on this.  So I do think it is logical to conclude that there might be some truth, this is my own personal conclusion. belief  has nothing to do with it, nor am I trying to convince anyone of anything, I am just presenting what is there.

Edited by edenlog
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, edenlog said:

This site claims to translate selected chapters of the same text by Al-Maqrizi from a french version saying:

"Sa'id al-Lagawi (al-Andalusi), in his book The Generations of Nations, reported that all the sciences known before the Flood were first taught by Hermes, who lived in Upper Egypt. This Hermes was the first to ponder celestial substances and the movement of the stars. He was the first to build temples to worship God. He occupied himself with science and medicine, and he wrote well-measured poems for his contemporaries about things terrestrial and celestial. It is also said that he was the first to predict the Flood and anticipate that a celestial cataclysm would befall the earth in the form of fire or water, so, fearing the destruction of knowledge and the disappearance of the arts, he built the pyramids and temples of Upper Egypt. Within these, he included representations of the arts and instruments, including engraved explanations of science, in order to pass them on to those who come after him, lest he see them disappear from the world. This Hermes is the same as Idris."

There is also the reference to the 130 priests " A few days later he had another dream in which he felt that the fixed stars had descended on the earth in the form of white birds and catching men while in flight, rushed between two high mountains which closed over them, and the bright stars became dark and obscure. Full of terror when he awoke, he went to the temple of the Sun, prayed, rolled in the dust, and wept. As soon as it was day, he gathered the chief priests of all the provinces of Egypt; the number was 130. "

" And they said: “Yes, whoever wants to be saved must go to reach the master of the Ark.” Thereupon I awoke full of terror.’ The King said: ‘Take the elevations of the stars and see what needs to happen.’ After a thorough review, it was recognized that a deluge would occur after which would appear a fire out of the constellation Leo which will burn the world. ‘See,’ said the King said, ‘if this disaster will reach our country.’ ‘Yes,’ they said, ‘the flood will reach us and we will be ruined for many years.’ ‘See,’ said the King, ‘if this country becomes prosperous as before or if it will remain still covered by water.’"

(http://www.jasoncolavito.com/al-maqrizi-on-the-pyramids.html#.W2SLhPn0m00)

Nothing would have withstood the global flood recorded in the Bible. Including the Giza pyramids.

2 minutes ago, Lord Harry said:

Nothing would have withstood the global flood recorded in the Bible. Including the Giza pyramids.

Are there biblical passages that say this or something similar?  The effects of a flood might be realized by understanding the force of water, the length of time something is under such force and the conditions around that force with environmental factors of the body of water in question. Minor floods occurs all the time, even these do not destroy all of  modern mankind's architecture.  There might be a way of scientifically validating such topics

3 minutes ago, edenlog said:

Are there biblical passages that say this or something similar?  The effects of a flood might be realized by understanding the force of water, the length of time something is under such force and the conditions around that force with environmental factors of the body of water in question. Minor floods occurs all the time, even these do not destroy all of  modern mankind's architecture.  There might be a way of scientifically validating such topics

Yes. Unfortunately I don't have my Bible with me now. When I do, I will post the relevant verses here.

I can't recall the exact verse, but the Book of Genesis records that all the high places under heaven were covered by the flood waters. No man made structure would have survived a flood of that power.

Edited by Lord Harry
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Piney said:

What is it with all this Younger Dryas woo these days?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, GlitterRose said:

I always wondered if someday in our post-apocalyptic future...

modern art is still standing, and someone else is trying to figure out what use it had for us.

Good point.   Imagine if buildings are crumbles but the Arch in St. Louis is still standing.   That would boggle people minds.   The Arch is 630 feet tall compared to the 475 of the great pyramid.  

Now if those aliens would have built a 630 foot tall smooth stainless steel arch instead of rock pyramids, we would really be dumbfounded.  

• Haha 3

The translated passages from the aforementioned website reads

"After his death, Surid [the supposed builder] was buried in the pyramid and his riches and treasures with him. Surid, according to the Copts, is said to have built temples, filled them with treasures and engraved on their walls all the sciences..."

The theory of the tomb alone does not hold weight to me but both tomb and "Time capsule" (so to say) does make more sense, I have looked into egyptian mythology and there are some similarities bewteen modern science and what they wrote. 

I do think that, because of the barrier of language and the barrier of culture thousands of year back, that mythological stories might need to be interpreted with a scientific viewpoint, or at least looked at from a different perspective to try and grasp what is being told and not dismissed as imaginal tales. 

I come to this conclusion because no one or civilization can seemingly just erect large stone structures without some scientific knowledge and that their mathematics and geometry do not just appear in human minds without some study into how nature works, and from this it reasonable to think that they perhaps did have some sort of scientific knowledge and that knowledge could be recorded. 

While there are many references to spirits and magical spells, I wonder  what they are trying to tell us behind these words, and maybe there is some sort of technology out there we have not yet fully realized, I find it hard to dismiss over 100 ancient cultures that make mention of spell and magic, because I do not fully understand it, I try to see what modern sciences has to say about the nature of reality and how this could fit into their "magic technology". 

It is not my job to determine what is possible or not, I'm just here because I am always ardently curious and gone to great lengths to rid myself of psychological biases in order to see as clearly as I can this world around us and this place we call reality.

Edited by edenlog

I do so love it when someone puts forward an idea that’s somewhat different to accepted theory, shall we say, and end it with comments to the tune of “I had to stop thinking like everyone else to see it” because they always have a flavour of “and you’re all too stupid to see what I’ve seen”. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, edenlog said:

It is not my job to determine what is possible or not, I'm just here because I am always ardently curious and gone to great lengths to rid myself of psychological biases in order to see as clearly as I can this world around us and this place we call reality.

You should come to the science section and join in the conversation about the Holographic Principle and reality. Could use a fresh perspective on it, especially one that see's reality so clearly.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, danydandan said:

You should come to the science section and join in the conversation about the Holographic Principle and reality. Could use a fresh perspective on it, especially one that see's reality so clearly.

I have no idea how clear my sight is, I only strive to become as unbiased as possible. To do this I make a sustained conscious effort.

6 hours ago, edenlog said:

I have no idea how clear my sight is, I only strive to become as unbiased as possible. To do this I make a sustained conscious effort.

That's a laudable goal, but using Arab myths to try to understand the pyramids or ancient Egypt in general is not going to put you on a realistic course.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, kmt_sesh said:

That's a laudable goal, but using Arab myths to try to understand the pyramids or ancient Egypt in general is not going to put you on a realistic course.

Thanks for your opinion, I will take it into consideration

12 hours ago, edenlog said:

"The information mentioned in this papyrus is not part of modern archeological discoveries, because it remained for centuries in an Arabic text book without English translation"

I always thought the pyramids were storehouses of knowledge to encode sciences because the tomb theory alone never made any sense to me. Not only this, but it seems ancient megaliths could be past ages of the earth and these people left their knowledge, hence the use of materials (according to their level of tech) would be used to preserve such knowledge.  And the length bewteen destruction cycles may be increasing, and mankind's power of comprehension increases as the time till destruction draws near.  I believe that now (for this cataclysm if such a thing were to occur) humanity will send a specific device into space encoding zettabytes, (or more) of data from cultures around the world detailing up to date scientific and knowledges complementing by past discoveries. I also wonder if such a thing is already in space by a past civilization, or traveling somewhere in space.  

Check out the paper here (the author has more than one paper):http://www.academia.edu/download/36424210/H-Aboulfotouh-Relativistic-Tilts-Pyramids-Paper.pdf

Arabs wouldn't have been able to read Egyptian hieroglyphs from anywhere close to the 26th century BC and the constellations given are Greco-Roman in origin which didn't even exist then. What few constellations the Egyptians had did not correspond to the Greco-Roman ones. That's two major flaws in the story right there. 

cormac

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, edenlog said:

not only that, but the stars and their motions can be calculated and events predicted based on this. 

No, just no.   Sadly, we have to deal with the facts that all cycles are not  working in coordination, and randomness plays a larger part than many are comfortable with accepting.

• Like 2