Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Parents paying for 'Fortnite' online tutors

Still Waters

Private tutoring and test preparation in the US has grown into a $7bn industry and is continuing to grow with a slew of educational startups, like Varsity Tutors, where students can pay for extra help online.

Now, some parents are even shelling out for extracurricular lessons in the video game Fortnite, paying for online tutors to help their children perform to the best of their ability in the game’s survivalist Battle Royale function – where 100 online players compete in a fight to the death, with only one winner.

https://www.theguardian.com/games/2018/aug/02/fortnite-tutorial-how-to-be-better-shooting-classes-parents-paying-teachers

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Tutors for video games?

Bring back child labor.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I can be a Games Teacher from my own couch?  That's my retirement plan sorted; now for the hard work of earning my degree.  *plugs-in X-box*

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Outrageous.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Here's the thing.

I can see being addicted to, say, Battlefield, or GTA, or just ..anything. It's fine. It's just the shh itty graphics. What's the point of owning a next gen console with photo-real imagery if you're going to waste it on cartoony crud like this? Doesn't Far Cry or Just Cause have an online multiplayer feature? There you go, then. Play a real game, you slack-jawed little dullards.

This generation of kids, man. As never before, they're feckless beyond words. 

• 1 month later...

This isn't new. There have been videogame tutors for ages, since I was a child playing Halo. I have a friend who was a professional Hearthstone player for a few years, he supported himself from prize winnings and by teaching. None of this is even remotely new, at all.

• Like 3

On 1/3/2019 at 5:48 PM, Podo said:

I was a child playing Halo.

GEEZUS!

I was a child playing Pong. :lol:

• Haha 2

On 1/5/2019 at 6:00 PM, Piney said:

GEEZUS!

I was a child playing Pong. :lol:

I was 11 when Halo 1 was released :P

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Podo said:

I was 11 when Halo 1 was released :P

You are seriously mature and have way too much common sense for your age and generation!

Must be from hanging with all those Natives  :whistle:

• Thanks 1

If one has the ? oddity to look some of these up, well some of the older kids are brutal to little tykes, maybe why parents are spending the bucks to get the teeter totters up to speed eh?!?!?!?!!?!? idk ^~^ CRYING :' 0   then laughing >_<  X_X  LATERZZZZZZ

DDDDDDDDDDDDELETE!.... I could not find a clean one... while funny .... ah not family appropriate  sheeeze what am I saying .... the tots are the one's CUSSING ! ... anyway not nice clean one's so I deleted the youtube clip.   No shortage of them just search with key set ::: making kids cry

Edited by MWoo7

Oh i have played fps since 1992 and can tutor 30 min 500$ in wolfenstein 3d and Doom doom2, cod ww2 black op4 zombies , just contact  me :-)

Edited by Avalanche

19 hours ago, Piney said:

You are seriously mature and have way too much common sense for your age and generation!

Must be from hanging with all those Natives  :whistle:

Thank you for your kind words :) Spend enough time around down-to-Earth, practical people, and they rub off on you, is all I can really say. The land really is the best teacher.

The industry moves fast - you better have a backup plan for your kid cause Fortnite could be dead in the water inside 5 years.

• Thanks 1