Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Left believes 2018 could be the last Election

lost_shaman

Last night on Real Time with Bill Maher, who is a very popular Comedian and leftist pundit on HBO with a very large U.S. audience and widely adored by left wing progressives had a guest on his show, Malcolm Nance author of the book "The Plot to destroy Democracy" who Maher called a great Patriot, and during their opening conversation one of the things they discussed was that if the Left loses the 2018 Mid-terms that this will be the last Election held in the United States! They truly believe that the Republicans and President Trump are determined to make President Trump a U.S. dictator determined to rule the World along with President Putin in Moscow and over throw the Governments in Europe to form a two State Autocratic world Government. 

Malcolm claimed that Russia's first step to destroy Americas constitution is to elect a President, and then he said that's exactly what they had done was to elect a U.S. President an obvious reference to President Trump. Maher then adds that the last two Presidents elected lost the popular vote, of course "we" don't use the popular vote to elect Presidents "we" use the electoral college system but never mind this FACT or that Maher's statement was factually incorrect. The Left is willing to ignore "our" constitution if they lose, but I digress. Then they go on to discuss the precieved attacks on the U.S. intelligence agencies and and Maher says they are not power hungry, but he wishes they were which is a direct infference that he wishes they would undertake a Coup against our current Administration! Then they discuss the current U.S. reaction to Russia (which is hysteria on the Left) and Maher says he think we are currently under reacting to Russia ( a Nation with a GDP roughly the same as the State of Texas is obviously the biggest boogeyman on Earth). Malcolm then agrees quoting George Washington saying "we are out gunned, out manned, out numbered, out planned, we need to make an all out stand". He goes on to say that is "where we are we are under attack and this election that's coming up, this could be the last one as we know it if we lose it" talking about the Democrats losing the Mid-term elections and failing to re-take the House and Senate. 

Maher then goes on to ask what Malcolm thinks President Trump and President Putin said to one another in their private meeting and suggests Preseident trump may have told President Putin to just wait until we win the elections and then the U.S. would lift sanctions and other things, however this is EXACTLY WHAT President Obama told then Russian President Medvedev to tell then Prime Minister Putin in 2012 which the Left completely ignored at the time. Malcolm then goes on to compare the meeting between Trump and Putin to the WWII meeting in Yalta saying he believes they discussed the dividing up of the World between the U.S. and Russia! 

The progressive Left in this country has lost their collective minds and an unbelievable percentage of the Left buys into this type of hysteria that was on full display on Bill Maher's show last night. This is a truly scary situation we are now living with in the United States.

Edited by lost_shaman
  • Like 5

What's amazing is they think this kind of crazy talk will energize their base to go out and vote. What they don't get is that the moderate Dems aren't stupid, nor are they on board with the outlandish theories they know have no base in reality.  This country has laws in place to stop any so called coup from happening. Do they think we believe that all the Representatives in both houses of Congress will sit around and go "Oh well....I guess Trump is president for life... we'll all go home now..." It simply can't happen, not won't, can't! So those people they want to get to the voting booths will sit home again, like they did the last election, embarrassed by the ridiculousness their party is spouting. And these people who think they are the "intellectual elite " will keep trying to fool their "ignorant" base with fear of Russia and dictatorships, guaranteeing another loss.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I can't even watch comedy central late night any more, all they talk about is trump 

It is dangerous, seems like a call to action-vote, maybe. The severity the left puts on the situation could escalate into violence in the real world really easy. 

There really isn't any action concerned citizens can take as to the hate being spewed out, as any action would increase the potential for violence ten fold. Like a barking dog on a chain, if you just walk by the dog loses reason to bark-shout at it and he might break the chain.

Just take the brunt of their message and vote for what you believe in, hope this cycle of orchestrated violence passes and you and your loved ones are no worse for the wear.

I think riots will be a real possibility if the elections don't go left this time around, like a pre-pubescent temper tantrum.

I try to remind myself that these people could truly believe our country is under attack and they live in a media induced state of fear, so when someone brings up politics and I can tell they lean left I ask questions. Its amazing how deep these people are in what I see as delusion, but I mostly just listen. Usually through questioning I break their resolve just a bit, and dealing with confusion they go back and research more.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Left? The USA doesn't have any left. They have far right (Democrats) and extremely far right (Republicans). At least, a teacher I had at high school here in Sweden taught us that both the two big parties in the USA are far to the right of all the parties in the Swedish parliament.

Edited by fred_mc
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, fred_mc said:

Left? The USA doesn't have any left. They have far right (Democrats) and extremely far right (Republicans). At least, a teacher I had at high school here in Sweden taught us that both the two big parties in the USA are far to the right of all the parties in the Swedish parliament.

I'm sorry you were so brainwashed in school, sadly that's now happening to our young people here in the U.S. too. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, seanjo said:

Mind you the Tea Party went a little crazy as well.

At least they always picked up their trash! ;)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Yep.

It's getting very 1984 around here. 

When the POTUS says not to believe your eyes and ears, but only what he tells you...there's something wrong.

The lady who wrote Democracy in Chains was just on Bill Maher sounding absolutely panicked. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/15/books/review/democracy-in-chains-nancy-maclean.html

• Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, fred_mc said:

What a shame that you were taught by someone who had no idea what they were talking about.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

30 minutes ago, GlitterRose said:

When the POTUS says not to believe your eyes and ears, but only what he tells you...there's something wrong.

The lady who wrote Democracy in Chains was just on Bill Maher sounding absolutely panicked. 

Yes I saw Mrs. MacLean being as hysterical as everyone else on the Show last night. Talking about how President Trump is a puppet of the Koch brothers (despite the FACT that President Trump just denounced Charles Koch on Friday in a tweet saying he disagrees with him and DOES NOT NEED his money!) But of course that was not mentioned at all by Mrs. MacLean or Bill Maher or anyone else on his panel of FOOLS! 

Donald J. TrumpVerified account @realDonaldTrump
FollowFollow @realDonaldTrump
More

Charles Koch of Koch Brothers, who claims to be giving away millions of dollars to politicians even though I know very few who have seen this (?), now makes the ridiculous statement that what President Trump is doing is unfair to “foreign workers.” He is correct, AMERICA FIRST!

3:38 AM - 2 Aug 2018

Donald J. TrumpVerified account @realDonaldTrump
FollowFollow @realDonaldTrump
More

The globalist Koch Brothers, who have become a total joke in real Republican circles, are against Strong Borders and Powerful Trade. I never sought their support because I don’t need their money or bad ideas. They love my Tax & Regulation Cuts, Judicial picks & more. I made.....

3:14 AM - 31 Jul 2018
Edited by lost_shaman
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, fred_mc said:

And why exactly should our politics be graded according to the standards of your country?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I see things like this as laying the groundwork for riots and rebellion.  Convince the Left that their vote will not count so when they lose they will think they know why.  The reason our country has remained reasonably stable since it's inception, compared to places that rule by coup, is that the populace has believed in the result of elections, win or lose.  Destroy that belief and you destroy stability.  I have seen so many paranoid interpretations of the summit meeting between Trump and Putin, all of which are based on absolutely zero knowledge.  People seem to have forgotten that if you know nothing, you know nothing.  It reminds me of Carl Sagan's story about early astronomers' interpretation of Venus.  All they could see was a white disk, so they inferred clouds, which meant moisture, which meant there were swamps, which must mean life. They saw nothing and deduced there were dinosaurs!  I prefer to imagine that T & P had some refreshments, shook hands and proceeded to try to make small talk about how rough it can be for men in their position.  Anything to find some common ground on which to base a relationship.  

The scariest thing about posts like this is the fact that more people than ever are getting their news from comedians.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Eh, fear is one of the most powerful tools to motivate the masses to react or vote.  Both parties have been doing it for ages. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, fred_mc said:

That's true.

The UK Conservative Party is to the left of the US Democrats.

You know what is funny. It is the Democrats and the Left that tried to remove all barriers that stop dictatorship, Trump restored those barriers and enforced them with the help of congress and Republicans.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Wes83 said:

I can't even watch comedy central late night any more, all they talk about is trump 

I've heard that from even some flaming leftist liberals. Same target night after night. Gets boring.

I think riots will be a real possibility if the elections don't go left this time around, like a pre-pubescent temper tantrum.

Considering that many who are vehemently anti-Trump live in exclusive Liberal bubbles, I'd imagine that could be true. When the only thing you hear reinforces your own belief, even if it is demonstratively wrong, it can spur people into violent action, or at least into rebelliousness.  

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

Myself, I'd like to see Senate Term Limits, and House Term Limits, also. I think it would help to stifle cronyism, and the corruption brought by lobbyists. 

I totally agree with this! 100 likes for you. Unfortunately this would require a convention of States to achieve because the career politicians on both sides of the isle would never vote to limit their political careers. The few decent politicians that would already retire after a couple of terms so they are never around in the numbers needed to vote on such a law. 

Just look at John McCain for example, he's to old and sick to even be in D.C. to vote and likely will die within the next year and he's still running for another term!!! He's already in his 5th term as a Senator right now.

Edited by lost_shaman
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Big Jim said:

I see things like this as laying the groundwork for riots and rebellion.  Convince the Left that their vote will not count so when they lose they will think they know why.  The reason our country has remained reasonably stable since it's inception, compared to places that rule by coup, is that the populace has believed in the result of elections, win or lose.  Destroy that belief and you destroy stability. 

Yes, and that is also true of both sides.  Even on this site people on the right were talking about getting their guns out because they were tired of a foot on their neck.    There is no reason to believe elections are fair if even our President does not believe that.  In this I think President Trump is leading the way toward distrust.  Anybody in power that wants to preserve our system  should do their utmost to correct any shortcomings and restore confidence in our elective process.

3 hours ago, skliss said:

What they don't get is that the moderate Dems aren't stupid, nor are they on board with the outlandish theories they know have no base in reality. 

There are less people in the middle all the time.  I can't call myself a Democrat, and my balanced budget, self reliance, inclusive justice for all feelings make me a little leery of the  current Republicans.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DieChecker said:

I've heard some Democrats who even now lament that the 22nd Amendment only allowed Obama to serve two terms. They'd vote him back into office again and again, for life likely, if they were allowed to.

Myself, I'd like to see Senate Term Limits, and House Term Limits, also. I think it would help to stifle cronyism, and the corruption brought by lobbyists. 

Term limits are popular but the problem with them is that  they inadvertently give more power to the bureaucracy. Politicians come and go; administrators stick around long after. People working in government departments have years or even decades of expertise and can run rings around a newly elected politician. They will of course always promote the expansion and funding of their own little domains. We focus too much on politicians when the administrative state has become branch of government in its own right.

Edited by The Caspian Hare
spelling / grammar
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, The Caspian Hare said:

Term limits are popular but the problem with them is that  they inadvertently give more power to the bureaucracy. Politicians come and go; administrators stick around long after. People working in government departments have years or even decades of expertise and can run rings around a newly elected politician. They will of course always promote the expansion and funding of their own little domains. We focus too much on politicians when the administrative state has become branch of government in its own right.

Wouldn't an answer to this be term limits for bureaucrats themselves as well? Maybe top tier bureaucrats get hired for a 15 year stint in a government job and a decent retirement package after that.

ROFL. One guest on the Maher show, and it's the end of the world ? :D  I think we are lacking a sense of perspective here ? 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

ROFL. One guest on the Maher show, and it's the end of the world ? :D  I think we are lacking a sense of perspective here ? 

It's virtually the entire entertainment/news complex. And plenty of people get their morality spoon fed to them from the television.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, seanjo said:

Or rules to govern their neutrality and behavior.

We already have those, and the don't seem to be working!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

I just used this as one recent example. The entire Left is in a hysteria here. If you don't believe me turn on MSNBC, ABC, CNN, NPR, PBS, VICE, or any others I've forgot and you'll see it 24/7. Or pick up a TIME mag, or a copy of NYTIMES, or dozens of other print media and you can read it daily. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, lost_shaman said:

I just used this as one recent example. The entire Left is in a hysteria here. If you don't believe me turn on MSNBC, ABC, CNN, NPR, PBS, VICE, or any others I've forgot and you'll see it 24/7. Or pick up a TIME mag, or a copy of NYTIMES, or dozens of other print media and you can read it daily. 

No doubt,they seem to be nearing "meltdown" mode for this midterm...

Starting to realize the left politicians have had absolutely no substance to run on,they have completely wasted the past 2 years on nothing but "Trump/Russia"...and that's it!

They HAVE to win the midterms,at this rate Trump WILL be President through '24...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1