Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Paranormal activity around my house?

Josie Finney

Ok, so before I start I’m not a crazy psycho. 

I live in a very old house - built in approx 1600s and during our time here, we have heard walking around, banging, and even seen black figures. 

However its now 4am, and something very strange has just happened. This part will sound crazy - I don’t know if it’s related or if I’ve just got a really messed up imagination however I’ve just woke up from a nightmare where a man (felt like a father figure) was obsessed with killing people. It was a family, I was there in the family, and there seemed to be a lot of friction - I remember thinking that he was going to kill me at one point, then I thought he was going to kill my mum (who wasn’t my mum in real life) - I remember going into the kitchen and this man (really messed up part) had killed someone and stuffed their body into a teddy. Then I remember being on the landing and hearing a dragging sound from the attic. It was like someone was dragging a body. The dragging would stop and then carry on a few minutes later..

so now I’ve just woke up and I’ve just been in the kitchen. I was stood at the back door and I heard what sounded like a hissing sound outside - no one was there. There’s a door that separates the lounge and the kitchen. I suddenly hear about 5 knocks on the opposite side of the door.. it stops and I freeze. and then the knocking starts again however the knocking didn’t stop! It was constant knocking one after the other. I opened the door quickly and then it stopped... 

It just feels so strange and eery. I don’t know I guess I just want someone to make sense of it..

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Josie Finney

• freetoroam

• toast

• Miss Meeseeks

Top Posters In This Topic

Was this a dream or not? For the knocking part.

If theres paranornal activity going on then spirits tend to knock on things to let you know that they are present.

But if its a spirit that has bad intentions then they will knock and do such things to stir up ****. 

No.

Paranormal activity around my house?

No.

42 minutes ago, Josie Finney said:

The knocking wasn’t a dream :)

I know the knocking wasnt a dream thats why I made that statement about the knocking. 

Knock knock

Welcome to UM, seriously hope you enjoy the place, but I gotta say, probably the single quickest way for people to get the impression that you may be a "crazy psycho"(which I don't...yet) is by starting your initial post by saying: Ok, so before I start I’m not a crazy psycho.

Just sayin.

On 05/08/2018 at 5:50 AM, Browng0at said:

But if its a spirit that has bad intentions then they will knock and do such things to stir up ****. 

You had a nightmare, people do have then. It can be a result of watching horror movies, reading about killings, hearing about a murder, medication you may be taking, depression, worrying about something or your belief in ghosts.

An old house will have knocking sounds, especially at night when you hear them better. If your house has wood in there, doors, beams, flooring, then you could expect these sounds. 

If you have an attic it could be a rodent or owl in there, i have heard them in old houses i stayed in, they can appear close by and loud...especially at night.

Your house is not haunted, its just old.

On 05/08/2018 at 5:02 AM, Josie Finney said:

Ok, so before I start I’m not a crazy psycho.

No you are not, but you are not aware of the noises old houses make, and trust me, they can be pretty noisy for numerous reasons. Structure and animals.

And they can make some pretty loud banging noises.

• 1 month later...