Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UM Fantasy Premiere League, League.

danydandan

Opening game tonight. Anyone have any Man U or Leicester players? I only have De Gea.

wow... it wont let me sub out Vardy... i have 45min till match starts... why arent they! Boooooo

it works now..

what is the Triple Captain, Free Hit & Bench Boost at the bottom?

3 hours ago, LucidElement said:

it works now..

what is the Triple Captain, Free Hit & Bench Boost at the bottom?

These are 'chips' you can play at any point of the season. You can only use each one once. 

Triple captain will triple the points of your nominated captain for that game week only. If your captain doesn't play, this will go to your vice captain. If he doesn't play, you lose it.

Free Hit lets you make as many transfers you want to in a game week without penalty. After you've played it your team will revert to it's original line up.

Bench boost will include the points scored by all your substitutes during that game week.

It's worth saving these until later in the season. When the FA Cup starts for premier league teams (January) you'll get some game weeks where some teams won't play (due to being involved in the cup). They'll make these games up later and will then play twice during a game week. Knowing when this happens and using your chips to maximise the number of players you have (as well as the number of times they'll play) can make a big difference.

• Like 1

Holy ****. @Arbenol is a shark.

On a side note, I wish we'd done a head to head league. Makes it more interesting when league members are facing off against one another.

8 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Holy ****. @Arbenol is a shark.

On a side note, I wish we'd done a head to head league. Makes it more interesting when league members are facing off against one another.

Can still set that up if people want.

36 minutes ago, danydandan said:

Can still set that up if people want.

I'd vote for it. See what others think.

8 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

I'd vote for it. See what others think.

2119797-1008729 code for head to head.

• Thanks 1

It won't start till next week.

I'm down for head to head.

What is dream team?  Is that someone's team?

14 hours ago, danydandan said:

2119797-1008729 code for head to head.

Do we have an even amount of people? Lol I could just look but that could be an issue

Sitting at the top with 32 points :) .. I know more games are tomorrow. Beginners luck . Im just getting back into soccer again... but I did choose france to win world cup and my world cup bracket did pretty well.

Salah my saving grace today I hope.

12 hours ago, LucidElement said:

Sitting at the top with 32 points :) .. I know more games are tomorrow. Beginners luck . Im just getting back into soccer again... but I did choose france to win world cup and my world cup bracket did pretty well.

Lol until everyone plays today.

Two questions. . So first what is the dream team? Is that the best team someone could have had, if they choose that correctly ?

And these bonus point ... it says Tosun (18) but he only got 5?.... i have a picture it wont let me upload ... 

It says bonus point system.. and says like neves (44)... Tosun (18) ..Keane(27) etc.... yet tosun only has 5 on my team. 

20 hours ago, LucidElement said:

Two questions. . So first what is the dream team? Is that the best team someone could have had, if they choose that correctly ?

And these bonus point ... it says Tosun (18) but he only got 5?.... i have a picture it wont let me upload ... 

It says bonus point system.. and says like neves (44)... Tosun (18) ..Keane(27) etc.... yet tosun only has 5 on my team. 

Not sure that your seeing bonus points, I haven't ever seen anyone get higher than 20 unless they are your captain which means they get double points. Bonus points are usually just a point or two for man of the match or a really good performance.

But anyway I'm second in the league and will be gunning for first this week.

I'm last :D I dropped Mane for Mikytarian like a donkey.

And I have Ozil. I thought 'no way he can have as bad a season as last year', but he's just phoning it in for the rest of his career it seems. 

Going to be a long season for me I think.

See that? I dont understand that right there?

Also, is the dream team just all top players that performed the best in their positions that week?

Resize Soccer.jpg

1 hour ago, LucidElement said:

See that? I dont understand that right there?

Also, is the dream team just all top players that performed the best in their positions that week?

Resize Soccer.jpg

I don't have a clue what them numbers mean.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/106533

That link kinda explains it, bit I'd ignore it if I were you.

Yeah the dream team each week is just the highest pointed players.

Edited by danydandan

2 hours ago, danydandan said:

I don't have a clue what them numbers mean.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/106533

That link kinda explains it, bit I'd ignore it if I were you.

Yeah the dream team each week is just the highest pointed players.

Thanks man, sorry this is first time ive done FPL Fantasy. So if you look at that link you sent me, it says like "

Forwards scoring a goal 24

"

so 24 bonus points? I know thats not right, because you only get 1-3.. i dont understand the larger numbers on that list on the right side?

35 minutes ago, LucidElement said:

Thanks man, sorry this is first time ive done FPL Fantasy. So if you look at that link you sent me, it says like "

Forwards scoring a goal 24

"

so 24 bonus points? I know thats not right, because you only get 1-3.. i dont understand the larger numbers on that list on the right side?

Either do I, perhaps it's to with the Draft Fantasy Football League? Or an average of what was given last year or it's a statistical command?

Edit: after reading that myself, what they do is select three players per game to give points to, 3,2,1. These bonus points are based on very complicated metrics and statistical analysis based on the items outlined in the link. It's not very transparent to be honest.

Edited by danydandan

18 hours ago, danydandan said:

Either do I, perhaps it's to with the Draft Fantasy Football League? Or an average of what was given last year or it's a statistical command?

Edit: after reading that myself, what they do is select three players per game to give points to, 3,2,1. These bonus points are based on very complicated metrics and statistical analysis based on the items outlined in the link. It's not very transparent to be honest.

thanks...and lastly, i noticed if you have a player who is captain and he does really well, do you get more points? some of these guys got 32 points for Mane. those who didnt have him capain got 16 i believe.

9 minutes ago, LucidElement said:

thanks...and lastly, i noticed if you have a player who is captain and he does really well, do you get more points? some of these guys got 32 points for Mane. those who didnt have him capain got 16 i believe.

Your captain gets double points. That's why it's so important.

19 minutes ago, danydandan said:

Your captain gets double points. That's why it's so important.

ok important to know. so any captain you choose gets double? and what does Vice get?