Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
danydandan

UM Fantasy Premiere League, League.

357 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

danydandan
14 minutes ago, LucidElement said:

ok important to know. so any captain you choose gets double? and what does Vice get?

Yeap, I'm not sure but I think the purpose of a vice captain is a backup to your captain in case he doesn't play. So if your captain is out or doesn't play your vice captain becomes your captain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LucidElement
2 hours ago, danydandan said:

Yeap, I'm not sure but I think the purpose of a vice captain is a backup to your captain in case he doesn't play. So if your captain is out or doesn't play your vice captain becomes your captain.

Ok and i just am full of questions.

I thought that the transfer weeks (Add/Drop) was free? I dropped a few players and chose 2 replacements and it cost me 4-5 points that will reflect this weekend. Am i missing something or doing it wrong?
Basically, everytime i add and drop someone it will cost points off my overall score?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Essan

You have one free transfer each week.  Any additional transfers will cost you a 4 point deduction - but don't worry too much at this stage as over the course of the season most people will take quite a lots of "hits" - typically between 10 and 20.  The important thing is that the player you transfer in scores more points over the next few weeks to the one you take out :) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LucidElement

Thanks!

Like the betting app Draft Kings, will the players values increase and decrease over the weeks depening on performance? or are they fixed the whole season? For example, Salah i think was 12 or 14Mil on the salary cap... if he plays poorly will he go down to like 9 or 10mil?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
danydandan
7 hours ago, LucidElement said:

Thanks!

Like the betting app Draft Kings, will the players values increase and decrease over the weeks depening on performance? or are they fixed the whole season? For example, Salah i think was 12 or 14Mil on the salary cap... if he plays poorly will he go down to like 9 or 10mil?

Yrap value is dependent of form.

All the united players will gradually decrease in value as the edge closer to relegation.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LucidElement
6 hours ago, danydandan said:

Yrap value is dependent of form.

All the united players will gradually decrease in value as the edge closer to relegation.

Just so I understand more clear, are you saying that players individual costs will not fluctuate week to week depending on their performance ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Arbenol
3 hours ago, LucidElement said:

Just so I understand more clear, are you saying that players individual costs will not fluctuate week to week depending on their performance ?

 

I think a player's value is related to how many fantasy players are buying and selling.

So, for example, if Raheem Sterling reverts to his normal form of not being able to hit a cow's backside with a banjo and lots of people sell him, then his purchase value will decrease. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
danydandan
4 hours ago, LucidElement said:

Just so I understand more clear, are you saying that players individual costs will not fluctuate week to week depending on their performance ?

 

They do fluctuate but not by much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LucidElement

what is the "play wildcard?" .

I appreciate all you guys breaking this down for me... im a NFL Fantasy guy lol. first time on the EPL but im enjoying it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Essan

Playing the wildcard means you can change your entire team (or as many players as you want) for free.  However it can only be played twice.   You have one wildcard to play between now and the 29th Dec.  You then have a 2nd wildcard that can be played from 30th Dec until end of season.

The 2nd wildcard is usually held until near the end of the season when there are often a couple of "double gameweeks" - weeks when some teams play 2 games.  In a double gameweek it's worth trying to get as many players who play 2 games as possible.   So the wild card can help.

You also have 3 "chips":

Bench Boost - the week you play this, you get points from all 15 players in your squad
Triple Capatin - your captain scores 3x rather than 2x points
Free Hit - like a wildcard, but your "new" teams is for one week only, after which your team reverts back to what it was the previous week.

This chips are also best hed to use when there is a double gameweek

Edited by Essan
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
danydandan
1 minute ago, Essan said:

Playing the wildcard means you can change your entire team (or as many players as you want) for free.  However it can only be played twice.   You have one wildcard to play between now and the 29th Dec.  You then have a 2nd wildcard that can be played from 30th Dec until end of season.

I bet Mourinho wished he had one of these lol.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LucidElement
29 minutes ago, Essan said:

Playing the wildcard means you can change your entire team (or as many players as you want) for free.  However it can only be played twice.   You have one wildcard to play between now and the 29th Dec.  You then have a 2nd wildcard that can be played from 30th Dec until end of season.

The 2nd wildcard is usually held until near the end of the season when there are often a couple of "double gameweeks" - weeks when some teams play 2 games.  In a double gameweek it's worth trying to get as many players who play 2 games as possible.   So the wild card can help.

You also have 3 "chips":

Bench Boost - the week you play this, you get points from all 15 players in your squad
Triple Capatin - your captain scores 3x rather than 2x points
Free Hit - like a wildcard, but your "new" teams is for one week only, after which your team reverts back to what it was the previous week.

This chips are also best hed to use when there is a double gameweek

you are the man - thanks

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ExpandMyMind
8 hours ago, Arbenol said:

I think a player's value is related to how many fantasy players are buying and selling.

So, for example, if Raheem Sterling reverts to his normal form of not being able to hit a cow's backside with a banjo and lots of people sell him, then his purchase value will decrease. 

Shocking. Don't you know it's racist to criticise Sterling.

Any more of that patter and I'll be reporting you to the FA.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
danydandan

You gotta make your transfers soon guys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LucidElement
6 hours ago, danydandan said:

You gotta make your transfers soon guys.

i did two transfers already - im good... my other 2 buddies in league did there.. or maybe just one did.. but ya clocks counting down!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LucidElement

I’m pretty much almost there in understanding EPL fantasy.... however, how do you change your formation ?/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LucidElement
7 minutes ago, LucidElement said:

I’m pretty much almost there in understanding EPL fantasy.... however, how do you change your formation ?/

I figured it out just now.... you guys should try and get your friends to join... 2 of the guys in league are my buddies ... see what you all can do. If we get even one more we can do a head to head style, which is more fun. Just need that one last player..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ExpandMyMind
7 hours ago, LucidElement said:

I’m pretty much almost there in understanding EPL fantasy.... however, how do you change your formation ?/

Think you just swap players. Like if you have 4 defenders and 2 forwards, you sub a defender for a forward and you'll be 3-4-3 instead of 4-4-2. I couldn't find a way to actually change formation. Also don't think it lets you have 5 midfielders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LucidElement

What sucks is that moses isnt playing and ashley young hasn't played yet. However they don't let you switch up until game time.  Like in NFL fantasy  , you can make changes up until game time.... this one just locks you out completely. So I find out moses isnt playing and wanted to have ashley young sub in (2 teams that haven't played yet... and they won't let u)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ExpandMyMind
2 hours ago, LucidElement said:

What sucks is that moses isnt playing and ashley young hasn't played yet. However they don't let you switch up until game time.  Like in NFL fantasy  , you can make changes up until game time.... this one just locks you out completely. So I find out moses isnt playing and wanted to have ashley young sub in (2 teams that haven't played yet... and they won't let u)

NFL fantasy is far superior to this in so many ways. Players aren't exclusive, pass accuracy, shots on target, shots off target, tackles, interceptions, chances created - these are all things that should be included to make it more accurate and much better. 

Maybe in a few years it'll catch up and maybe even surpass NFL, but right now it's basic as hell. Still fun mind you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
danydandan

Need to make some changes next week after yesterday, hopefully Salah can score a hat trick and create three goals, save a penalty and keep a clean sheet. That should make up for yesterday's performances.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LucidElement

OMGGGGG, GIROUD is KILLINGGGGG me..... why is this guy not playing. i went from 3rd to dead last lol... got like 12 points this week... I already did a couple transfers, but i need to slow down on transfers or im going to be S.O.L on points lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LucidElement

ohhhh man, i just transfered like 4 or 5 guys.. that is going to STING next week when it deducts like 16 points. But, the players i picked up should have no problem covering that. at least i hope so. I need to relax on the transfers lol. But my team got me 12 points this week so i def needed some serious work lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
danydandan

Salah has been absolutely shyt tonight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LucidElement

Hey Guys,... so i did a redick amount of transfers to my team and didnt use the wildcard. Cost me about 18 pts...

I was reading the rules of the wild card and it says "A wildcard allows you to make unlimited free transfers throughout a Gameweek. Playing a wildcard will remove any points deductions from transfers already made in the same Gameweek.". 

So i did those transfers on monday. When i click wildcard it wont let me use it.. however, if I pretend to do another transfer and click it before then it works...
 

Basically, am I allowed to use the wildcard after I made my transfers this week? The games havent started? I did them to reflect 8/25....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.