Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I need help

JGentle

Hi everyone,

Ever since I can remember I could guess something that was going to happen and 9/10 times it would be so.

Growing up I noticed it more and more and I could read a person instantly. Even if it took years to play out, what I predicted would prove correct. I put it down to being good at listening to my gut instincts and feelings.

Lately these “feelings” have been frequent. From big things to trivial things. Here’s just a couple of examples:

At the start of last year I knew one of my grandparents would pass in the coming year. None of them were unhealthy or ill. I didn’t know which one, but I did know it would be l related to the heart. In August my Grandma went to the doctors with a mildly sore leg, was taken to hospital and died a week later during heart surgery.

The trivial ones happen all the time. For example, a couple of weeks ago I suddenly thought I was going to lose all my photos on my phone. I didn’t act upon it. A couple of days later I changed my password and accidentally misspelt it, meaning I locked myself out of my phone. The only way to get back in was to completely wipe it...including photos. My phone hadn’t  backed  any up for months and so I lost all my pics.

Now I have this feeling that something terrible is going to happen. I think it’s related to my husband but I don’t know what. It’s so overwhelming that I am having bad panic/anxiety attacks almost daily. Today it was so strong I vomited. I’ve never been a panicky person and never experienced a panic/anxiety attack before.

I think that my panic and fear of this “feeling” being true is stopping me being able see why I feel this way...

i don’t know what to do, and I feel scared.

can anyone help?

thanks

• Like 1

Hello, JGentle, welcome to UM.

Try to calm yourself. You are getting yourself very wound up over something that may turn out to be quite minor. Let me illustrate with something that happened to me when my son was about 7 or 8. I started feeling panicky about him, sure that something awful was going to happen to him. Then I started seeing visions of a wound on the back of his head. As the weeks went by the wound in the visions grew bigger and bled a lot. I was really frightened as to what this all meant.

I worked at the same school that he was attending and one day someone came into the classroom where I was and said "Your son has had an accident at the walled garden, but don't worry, he's okay". What had happened was this: the huge iron gate at the walled garden was not properly attached and as my son's class passed through the gateway it started to fall. My son leapt forward to stop it falling on his classmate(what a hero!), and it fell against the back of his head causing a wound that bled. He had a bit of a headache but the wound healed quickly and he came out of the situation being praised by everyone for his actions.

What you are experiencing at the moment is probably out of all proportion to what will actually happen. It may not even happen to your husband, he may just be nearby at the time. This is the trouble with vague premonitions ..... it's so easy to let your imagination run away with you.

I hope all goes well with you and your husband.

• Like 1

Hi,

Thanks so much for your reply! It has put me as ease.

Do you mind me asking...do you identify as a phsycic? If so, how did you tell the difference between being in tune with your instincts/feelings and being phsycic?

I’ve never had the courage to ask about it before, I guess I felt a bit silly, even though I don’t believe it is...

No, I wouldn't identify myself as a psychic as I think that refers to knowing things in the present moment. Hmm .... as soon as I typed that I realised that that has happened to me! But that's the point, it's been something that has happened to me, it's not a 'gift' that I can use when I choose to.

I suppose the difference between being in tune with your instincts/feelings and being psychic is the difference in intensity of the experience, or perhaps the clarity of the information received. 

For me, when I have premonitions it feels as though, for a moment, I have accidently tuned in to a frequency that isn't normally available to me. It's completely random and completely out of my control. 

• Like 2

OP, why don't you diarise *all* of your predictions /feelings, and then think about how many of them were pretty obvious outcomes or where obvious clues had been there all along.

Then, I suspect your estimate of 90% success rate may have to be revised downwards, and you'll realise that this is all just empathy, intuition, pattern matching and the like..  The same stuff we all have.

22 hours ago, JGentle said:

Hi,

Thanks so much for your reply! It has put me as ease.

Do you mind me asking...do you identify as a phsycic? If so, how did you tell the difference between being in tune with your instincts/feelings and being phsycic?

I’ve never had the courage to ask about it before, I guess I felt a bit silly, even though I don’t believe it is...

Hello,

It is necessagy to trust in yourself and your intuition. If you had done that with your phone, you could have saved all those photos.

What I get as a reading for that "some thing terrible is going to happen" is that change is coming. Naturally things change every day however in this case it is some thing special. I suggest talking with your husband about how things are going with him. You seem to sense this thing to dread has to do with him so inquire about it.

Best Wishes,

John