Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Cindy1897

I think I'm a psychic medium

Cindy1897

Now hear me out. I do have evidence to backup my belief.

I've been reading about signs that you're a medium, and I find myself matching up with a lot of the signs. I also don't think it's a coincidence that I'm really interested in spirits and the afterlife. I've been like this for years at this stage.

• I can hear a voice whispering my name at times.
  • I once had a dream about my grandma who died back in 2012 (I miss her so much! She was my favorite grandma) and I woke up sobbing.
  • I've been told that I tell really good advice. Sometimes I don't even know where I get some of the advice I come up with.
  • There are so many times that I don't feel alone, even though I am the only one in the room. I'm home alone right now, and I feel like I'm being watched. Even though I can't see anything, I feel like whatever's watching me is specifically in my doorway.
  • All the funerals/memorials I've been to, I can feel their presence watching over everyone there.
  • I've had a few paranormal experiences that I can't even begin to try to logic my way out of them. I told my skeptic friend about these experiences, for the sole purpose of her coming up with a logical explanation, and her best argument was that I made the stories up.
  • One night, I was taking an innocent walk along a route that I've taken multiple times, but out of nowhere, as I was walking into a park, I was overcome with complete terror. I literally had to run off, and the rest of the way home, I kept glancing behind me, because frankly, I was paranoid, I've never felt that kind of terror before.
  • I have good and bad feelings about places. Like, good vibes and bad vibes.

What do you guys think?

Not A Rockstar

I don't see anything in your list that defines a "psychic medium" versus an ordinary feeling person with a few years of experience on them and some sensitivity to their surroundings frankly. I know a few sceptics who could check all those blocks off as life experiences.

You can check out the forum and see that if your list amounted to anything, then most new posters are all psychic mediums as well. Voices, dreams, "empathy", terrors, feelings are all classic reasons for their first posts. I dare say none of them are that, though. Maybe one or two, but really, the genuine article is going to have support for it and not likely to be posting on a forum like this asking such basic things.

Welcome to UM.

• Thanks 2

Likely Guy

Welcome to the forums. I love your intro.

To me, you sound like a very empathetic person.

• Like 2

Virtue Boy

It kind of sounds like you are either sensitive to subtle frequencies, or otherwise mentally disturbed; a lot of what you listed is symptomatic of Schizophrenia. 

Mediumship is different than mere psychic sensitivity, however. It means you straight up see dead people and can talk to them like you can talk to anyone else. I did it once by accident; didn't even know the lady was dead. I could see her plain as day. Personally, I'm a little skeptical of accounts that claim to only sense the presence of ghosts, because you could be sensitive to so many other energies and frequencies around you that you only think is a ghost, but again, I'm probably biased due to my own experiences; for me there is nothing airy-fairy or vague about it, and it's pretty disturbing. Ever since the day I found out the woman I'd been interacting with was dead, I've been second-guessing myself on who I meet throughout my day to day life, and whether they are dead or alive, otherwise I'd look like a crazy person talking to seemingly nobody at all. Sounds like a good way for me to get fired, and/or locked up in a loony bin. 

Personally, I wouldn't worry much if I were you. Start worrying when someone informs you that the long-last best friend you've been hanging out with after school died in a car crash five years ago, and you must just be confused. It'll be a stressful journey before you finally conclude that you weren't actually confusing this person for someone else, they didn't have a twin, they weren't cloned, and it's not a man in a latex mask; you'll go through every single possible logical explanation you can think of before you finally accept it: You've been talking to a dead person this whole time. Then you'll run back to the spot you guys originally met up at to verify everything; perhaps even confront him for not telling you (the reason he wasn't acting dead is because he probably didn't know it himself), only you won't be able to...he'll probably be gone, nowhere to be found, because deep down your brain thinks that what has happened is impossible, whereas before it was blissfully ignorant. The newfound shock causes the brain to protect itself from anymore trauma by blocking out the source of the trauma. In this case, your brain's ability to interact with ghosts on their own dimensions, as if they were as real as you or me. 

....Trippy stuff. Hard to wrap the head around. So...if you really are a newly awakened medium of any level, you'd be freaking out a lot more than you are right now, and have a much more vivid account to share. My best guess is that you're simply more sensitive to frequencies and vibrations; maybe someone's new high tech microwave is sending out waves from upstairs that's messing with your "chi" or whatever you want to call it. *shrugs*

Edited by Virtue Boy
Grammar
  • Like 2

Not A Rockstar
2 hours ago, Likely Guy said:

To me, you sound like a very empathetic person.

Yes, she sure does :)

I was dredging the net and came across this blog https://intuitivesoulsblog.com/psychic-medium/    which is very like her list above, if paraphrased. I suspected it came from a source like this, which also advertises for sessions (10 bucks for 15 minutes with a psychic medium). This stuff is not helpful and that is why I rather dislike seeing it when I run into it.

Looking over the whole 15 points supposedly proving you could well be a psychic medium yourself, I hit them all (if I fudge and take a brief period when I was nervous of the dark because of a ghost I was being plagued by as child --- about 4 years old at the time). I think most people would, which is why it is written like that, seeking to make the interested and sensitive people who would like to know more think they somehow fit into a rare group. Some of it is outright misleading, ascribing normal things like thinking you see something or motion from your peripheral vision as being clairvoyance. Just yuck fluff, IMO.

Cindy, it is a much better thing to chill out and study a diversity of sources about individual abilities you believe you have and see what you think and avoid the paid sites and their feel good effort to encourage you to call and (pay) find a sympathetic ear answering who will keep you talking to run up that clock/paycheck. Even at the height of my past work as an internet Seer or counsellor or however one wishes to call it, I did not work sites like this one. It was flat rate and by private referrals only. The few who really do have something outside of normal ability in such matters aren't readily found out there advertising. 

I knew a couple of readers who actually were pretty good who worked this way on a site to make some extra cash (both were single Moms and struggled at times), but the site makes most of the money and they get a bit is all. It really is a racket and not serious. If you want real information and really have an ability to work on, the answers are elsewhere and to be honest, mostly already inside you. One of the single best readers I know of anywhere drops in here at times and offers readings for free, and you would never know it by anything she says or claims. 

So, if I sounded crabby this is why. It isn't personal, I just dislike the scams which help add more discredit on … let us call it heightened insight. I don't even like the word "psychic". I consider myself a counsellor, sometimes a viewer or intermediary in what I do or did before, perhaps even a channel at times, but not a psychic. And no, I do not give readings as such for the public anymore.

• Thanks 1

John from Lowell

Hi Cindy,

We are all psychic to some extent in my view. Being a medium is being aware of spirits/energies, and conversing/interacting with them. How much of that stuff you do can change as you become more comfortable with these things.

John