Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Facebook asking Banks for your financial info

lost_shaman

Facebook is asking major Banks to give them your financial information including credit and checking accounts. If you didn't already have enough reasons to drop Facebook like a bad habit now you have another very good reason to do so. 

Facebook is saying this is only so you can use Messenger to message your Bank instead spending time on hold using your phone. However this doesn't make sense because Facebook could offer that type of service without needing the Banks to give Facebook your financial information. Facebook say's this information will not be used to target you with advertisements or solicitations, but this is exactly what their business model is based around. I personally don't trust Facebook at all these days and only check my account about once every 10 days or so now only to see photos and posts made by my Daughters and Mother however this may be the last straw that forces me to disable my account with them for good. 

Facebook wants banks to share your personal finances: Report 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

6 minutes ago, lost_shaman said:

If you didn't already have enough reasons to drop Facebook like a bad habit now you have another very good reason to do so. 

I dropped my art page like a hot rock almost 3 years ago. That whole shittin thing should be deleted and Marky should be in prison........

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, seanjo said:

I'm in contact with so many people from my past and there are so many photos I can't bring myself to bin it.

So was I.

Put the pics on a flash drive, set up a skype account, collect emails and dump that trash.....:yes:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I've mentioned nastiness of facehook and another data_hore siphon gorilla over the years and surprisingly geeks galore still stick up for them and balk my every word, eeeh you can't treat the blind or whatever the saying.  I've always stuck to my guns/view so to speak and things will eventually come around and eyes will open-- eventually (hey that's the back of the cave, well no bleep. ), sadly ;though some of my geek friends now play it off as ' oh yeah I knew that.  '

Edited by MWoo7
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, seanjo said:

I'm in contact with so many people from my past and there are so many photos I can't bring myself to bin it.

Well your in good company with about 30% of the Worlds population.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, seanjo said:

Yeah, I'm kinda the same. I also run a group on there and moderate and quite a few others so it's hard to make that break - it's become part of life.

One of my accounts is a false name anyway so I think they'd struggle to get any info from that one :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

they are welcome to knowing that i currently have less than twenty dollars

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Geez...is that true?

That's friggin crazy.

I keep telling people I know to get off of it, but I didn't know it was that bad.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, seaturtlehorsesnake said:

Mark will want to know what your plans are for that 20 dollars...perhaps buying a share of facebook?...Mark is watching! :lol:

Reminds me of the South Park episode where "The Wal-Mart" controls everyones day to day life hahaha

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I think it's a really good idea. Think of it this way. Now criminals would only need to hack Facebook to gain access to loads of financial data, instead of thousands of financial institutions. Saves the criminals lots of hacking time.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

You all seem to be forgetting something here, surely the banks don't give out information to anyone who asks for it? That would be against their code of practice. At the very least people would have to give their permission for this to happen.

This story sounds false to me.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, seaturtlehorsesnake said:

You might not feel that way if you ever want a credit card or a loan if every Bank and everyone in the World suddenly has access to your Financial information. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

Mark will want to know what your plans are for that 20 dollars...perhaps buying a share of facebook?...Mark is watching! :lol:

Reminds me of the South Park episode where "The Wal-Mart" controls everyones day to day life hahaha

As Crazy as this sounds, it may not be that far fetched in the very near Future.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

You all seem to be forgetting something here, surely the banks don't give out information to anyone who asks for it? That would be against their code of practice. At the very least people would have to give their permission for this to happen.

It's not false because Facebook has admitted to this being true and publicly addressed it although sugar coating it like they sugar coat everything they do.

Edited by lost_shaman
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

Psssh..."code of practice."

If I started listing the unscrupulous practices of banks, I'd never be able to leave. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, lost_shaman said:

You might not feel that way if you ever want a credit card or a loan if every Bank and everyone in the World suddenly has access to your Financial information. 

don't worry i don't actually have a facebook account

or money

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'm not convinced by this at all. And even if I was I'd still not bin it. Aside from the personal, Facebook has been the most important research tool I've ever come across. It's just too valuable. 

34 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

He has vays of making zem talk!

1a.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

50 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

Me too. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

This is my thought too.

How can the banks give out information without your concent and if they did and you find out, then surely it is your bank who is in trouble here, not facebook?

If facebook can ask for your details and the bank give it ( which i can not posibly see them doing )  then this means anyone can do this. Anyone can ask, does not mean they will get it..

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Stiff said:

He has vays of making zem talk!

Talk, too?

I don't think the Zucker cares what anyone has to say.... unless it is political and he can score points with the establishment by making it go away.

IMHO, he is looking for other people's bank accounts because he lost a bundle last week, and siphoning off small change from 2 Billion suckers can really add up. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

It seems like hating on Facebook is the hip thing to do these days. Don't get me wrong, I'm no Facebook supporter. Don't even have an account. But aside from financial info, people have been willingly giving up all kinds of info online for decades and it's not going to stop. Things will become more integrated and more and more of your data will collected. That's just the nature of the technology. Whine and moan all you want, hide away and disconnect while you still can becuade soon that behavior will do nothing but limit you.

• Like 2