Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

California's Mendocino Fire- Now Largest Ever

Raptor Witness

Climate refugees.

It's coming, folks.

8 minutes ago, Raptor Witness said:

Mendocino Complex Fire is now 547 square miles - USA Today 8-14-2018

If you include this fire, which began on 7-27-2018 and now by far the largest fire in California history, with the very unusual Hurricane of Fire that appeared west of Redding between 7 and 8 PM on 7-26-2018, and at roughly the same time, one does have to wonder, does the Earth have ears, and more importantly, a voice?  

From "sea to darkened sea," is obviously taken from the song, "America the Beautiful," as an anti-anthem, and is an underline to the concept of Manifest Destiny, previously discussed:  From sea to shining sea speaks of the movement of Americans from the Atlantic to the Pacific, specifically, California.

Given this, I don't think that the fires in California will be easing anytime soon, at least not until an exodus from California occurs.  We are entering a new phase of history, where the Earth's voice is arguably, unmistakable.

I don't think the Earth speaks.  

2 minutes ago, Myles said:

I don't think the Earth speaks.  

Perhaps the earth screaming is a better concept to imagine ....

“From sea to darkened sea” - https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/topic/319956-us-9th-circuit-affirms-open-carry-for-all/?do=findComment&comment=6507017- smoke plume from California wildfires

https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/08/10/us/smoke-california-wildfire-reaches-nyc-wxc-trnd/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F

”From the Atlantic to the Pacific, or from sea to darkened sea ...” = The End of Manifest Destiny 

That’s how far the smoke plume stretches.

Edited by Raptor Witness

At this rate, there won't be any forests left to burn in a couple of years, not in this part of the country. Ten out of ten of the big ones in Oregon started on Federal Land.

I don't suppose the "Let it Burn" gang will admit they were wrong, eh?

On 8/12/2018 at 8:53 AM, lightly said:

You suggest not allowing "dead trees and plants" to accumulate in those forests?

having been there and seen the immensity of the forested areas, I 'm afraid that would be impossible?

i've seen some of the controlled burns in Oklahoma that you speak of...much simpler in grass than forest?

The forest service does things like this the land is managed but its really dry right now and people keep starting fires. The other big one was sparks from the freeway.

On 8/14/2018 at 12:28 PM, GlitterRose said:

Geez.

And the East Coast is flooded. 

I keep saying it's the end of the world.

Its not that bad the sky is starting to show through the smoke again :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NicoletteS said:

Its not that bad the sky is starting to show through the smoke again :)

Glad to hear it.